Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Discussions > Divine Evil (CLOSED TOPIC)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Divine Evil by Nora Roberts

What did you guys thing of this one? I'm half way through it now and I'm happy with it. Its a FAT book and it's got about 20 people that could be the 'bad guys'.

I like Cam and Clare, and its a breath of fresh air that they didn't dislike each other for half the book before getting together.

Have you noticed that a lot of her heroines are some form of artist?

message 2: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Divine Evil is one of my favs by Nora Roberts. I loved Cam and Clare. I loved that it was really hard to figure out the killer. When I first read it, it was a little spooky, well Ernie was.

message 3: by Miss Kim (last edited Dec 10, 2008 08:02AM) (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Ernie. Clare and friends just found his gift of a decapitated cat on her porch. I'm kind of annoyed that she doesn't see him as wierd at all.
"so he wears a pentagram and watches me and makes wierd signs with his hands...so what?"

message 4: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments Wow, gonna have to dig into my memory for this one. It's been at least 4 years since I've read it...

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Most definitely one of my favs, I loved the way the story circled around the satanic scene, yet almost all the evil that was done, was done by humans, not some demonic force. Well balanced piece of work and the way the Mayor's wife just rode off on the bus, scary!

message 6: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
The ending drove me nuts! The psycho is probably still out there causing trouble...

Loved the book though. Probably not one of my top 3 favs, but still a fav.

message 7: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I just finished it and found it a tad long. But then, I've been sick this week which also makes me impatient and I just wanted to finish it. I suspected the mayor's wife was in on it, but not that she was the ring leader. Nice surpise. I gave it 4 stars.

message 8: by Mary Jo (new)

Mary Jo (mjgemelke) I finished Divine Evil during Christmas break. I enjoyed the book. Ernie was a strange boy. It's so sad that there are children who will do anything to feel part of a group. I was glad that he knew what the men was doing was wrong and called the Sheriff. I too was annoyed with the ending. She's just going to go get a young guy to control and train. Scary thought. Overall though I did like the book. It must have looked good to someone else because I took it to school today (I'm a teacher) and left it on the table for anyone else to read. It was gone by the end of the day.

message 9: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
Discussion for Divine Evil can be continued in this thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.