Hipinion discussion

for the next book club

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

Aaron | 15 comments can we do the satanic verses

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

Rebecca i think its my turn to pick choices next? (ben?) but i would like to read that so i might put it on the list.

message 3: by Tim (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

Tim | 5 comments Listen, Rebecca, you cannot curry favor with our leader by seducing him with charming question marks and Oceanic skullduggery. Benjamin said I was next in line to pick a book and that's just how it is.
Reading The Satanic Verses is like swimming in a bowl of fudge.

message 4: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

Rebecca actually i believe it was 'pick by join date' and i've been here longer than you, bub.

plus, you gave it 3 stars.

message 5: by chase (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

chase Adams | 44 comments we readin somethin sexy or what

message 6: by Tim (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

Tim | 5 comments I'm fairly certain giving it three stars is what the fatwa was all about. Khomeini was all like, "All reviewers should give this crime against the Qur'an three stars out of five, which is totally not low enough to draw attention to it shittiness and not glowing enough in its praise to be embraced."

Benjamin (or Squeebot as we called him nigh on a decade and a half ago), you should not buckle under the weight of this woman's burdensome charm, nor should you be obsequious in the face of her obstinate insistence on adhering to a heretofore agreed upon set of rules.

For the love of Shiva, do you want to swim in fudge?

message 7: by Ben (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

Ben (deadwolfbones) | 88 comments Mod
Fairly certain Bec's up next, and not just because of that time we did it (on a mountaintop).

The problem of figuring out who joined when is going to get a lot harder once we get past the first few people, though.

Perhaps we should switch to a lottery system? Chosen at random among those who participated in the previous discussion?

message 8: by Aaron (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

Aaron | 15 comments no let's do join date

my choices are all going to be Superfudge by Judy Blume

message 9: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:21AM) (new)

Rebecca oh god no

message 10: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:21AM) (new)

Rebecca oh god no

message 11: by Tim (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:21AM) (new)

Tim | 5 comments I think Aaron makes a good point.