Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Know any convicted murderers?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meridee (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Meridee | 1 comments I have known three (3) convicted murderers . One, a schoolmate of my son's, two others were clients of a law firm that I worked for. Got to know one of them rather well. He is the man that taught me what the word "charisma" really means. He could get anyone to do almost anything that he asked. It was almost hypnotizing - he was old, fat, and unattractive but you never noticed because we were all under his spell to some extent. That was Dr. Tony Fernandez.

Anyone else out there had a close encounter?

message 2: by Jim (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Jim | 7 comments i worked for the state helping people get jobs - i helped a recent parolee get a job and did a few things with him.
sometime after that i saw him and he was scary religious.
sometime later he murdered 2 women in the hallway of his apartment building. i went to see him and he said that he heard them talking and concluded they were "sinners". he then stabbed them to death.

message 3: by Sonky (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

Sonky | 7 comments At least three convicted and released murderers worked at my previous place of employment. Two of them are a couple and live together in a neighboring apartment of the building I live in.

In the workplace, one of the three savagely beat another of the three to the point of requiring hospitalization.

message 4: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 20 comments Huh. And here I thought god and religion were supposed to make people behave in moral ways. Go figure.

message 5: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

Clare | 18 comments The doctor you speak of is the perfect description of a sociopath, one who manipulates, is charming, but has no feelings for others.
Regarding meeting murderers, I hired a man to do some work on my house. He started the work and never came back. I called him and ended up talking to his wife. I told her I was going to take her husband to small claims court. She sent out a check for the amount we had paid already. A short time later I read that he had viciously beaten and murdered an older couple for whom he had worked. There was some kind of problem over money. Boy, did I feel lucky!! He's in jail forever due to the viciousness of the crime. Scary stuff.

message 6: by Tex (new)

Tex Roop | 1 comments Its been a while since this thread was started but figured I might as well add my encounter. My cousin is doing life in Walla Walla state pen for stabbing his ex-girlfriend 19 times. During his confession he told the prosecutor that she was annoying him.

message 7: by Clare (new)

Clare | 18 comments Your cousin also sounds like a person who has sociopathic tendencies. We all get annoyed by others but don't generally stab them to death. Sociopaths don't have the same "brakes" on their behavior that the rest of us generally have. They are only able to see how they feel/what they want and have no comprehension of how others feel. Scary stuff, Tex.

message 8: by Tina (last edited Jan 04, 2008 08:31AM) (new)

Tina (thumper79) | 2 comments My 2nd cousin was locked up when I was a kid for murder. Of course because I was so young and had idolized him before he got locked up nobody ever really told me the true story of what happened and they probably never will.

Michael Pruitt... My sister was friends with him in highschool. Here is a link to his crime http://www.wreg.com/global/story.asp?... He is in jail for shooting a 6 year old girl in the head. My sister swears I have hung out with him before "back in the day", but I honestly don't remember.

I know a guy who was in jail for several years for murder. I've never really questioned it and only know bits and pieces of what happened.

message 9: by Erzebetdahmer (new)

Erzebetdahmer | 4 comments I was penpals with a few different convicted serial killers. One of them, I considered a close friend and visited him a while back. He has since passed away.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I went to school with someone that killed his girlfriend's son. My boyfriend worked with someone that killed someone too.

message 11: by Alie (new)

Alie | 37 comments I was trying to alleviate someone's suffering and said, 'hey, it's not like you ever killed anybody' and he said, oh, but I did. He left his wife and infant and the kid died of starvation I think. He then went on to 'turn' a very nice, very confused girl. This was after ruining another. All that guilt one day, and then back to bad behaviour the next. He used to come to the house meetings at rehab and latch onto newcomers who don't have a boundary and are so needy they'll do anything for attention. Disgusting man. They finally banned him from the house (duh).

Another time I interviewed a young man who filled out his application honestly - felony convicted pedophile. I forgot all about discrimination laws and said, hey, I'm sorry, but they'll never hire you here, I don't know how you are going to get a job, but my heart goes out to you for being such an honest guy. I don't know where the hell all that compassion came from.

Where do you people all work that you meet so many people like this? I've had tons of jobs and been in na/aa for years and I've never met a murderer, at least that I know of. I don't want to either.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.