What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED Peanuts Fact Books, Q&A style, circa 1980 [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ABC (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

ABC (Mary6543) | 13 comments I really enjoyed two books from around 1980. The first book was about the body and science, the second was about cultures and the world.

It would pose a question: "Why do you drop a hot potato before you feel the pain?" Then give the answer. At the side, there would be a picture of Charlie Brown dropping a hot potato.

They were filled with the Peanuts characters! They were large, colorful books, not tiny comic books. Thanks!

message 2: by Misty (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

Misty I remember a book that I loved called Imponderables, but I don't remember Peanuts characters (although it did have cute illustrations). My personal favorite was why do women make funny faces when appling mascara!

message 3: by Ruth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

Ruth I know the guy that wrote the Imponderables book, Misty. He's done a whole series. Always working on a new one.

R

message 4: by Misty (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

Misty Thanks, Ruth! I have no idea what happened to my original (it must have been in the 80's when I owned it), but it would be worth looking for a new one. It was so much fun!
- Misty

message 5: by Ruth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

message 6: by ABC (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

ABC (Mary6543) | 13 comments To Mockturtle,
Wow, that's amazing that you found it! Thanks!

Oh, and sorry, I don't know how to put SOLVED int he headline. I tried to edit, but could only edit the message.

message 7: by ABC (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

ABC (Mary6543) | 13 comments Oh and I checked out The Imponderables website. I love this quote by the author: LOL!

"As a former guest on the show, I can attest to the fact that King, at least then, had spent about as much time with my book before our segment aired as I have discussing Dostoevsky with Paris Hilton.

Just for the record, although I don't have any inside info, I think Jerry was just having a little fun. I doubt if Seinfeld was upset at King's ignorance, but I'm pretty sure he enjoyed needling LK."

message 8: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 1382 comments Kirei,

If you've created a topic, when you click on the topic/messages in it, on the right side there's a bunch of links. One of them is "edit this topic" and you can click on that and change the title of the topic, including adding SOLVED as the first word of it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Love is a Warm Puppy
lovely little peanuts book about love