Addicted to YA discussion

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
This topic is about Days of Blood & Starlight
Series > Days of Blood and Starlight

Comments (showing 1-39 of 39) (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4337 comments Mod
What do you think will happen?

Dalea Sabrina (Dalea) | 142 comments I really don't know. But I can't wait!!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Anybody getting the advanced readers copy?

Dalea Sabrina (Dalea) | 142 comments I wish!!

message 5: by Nikki , Shade Slayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki  King (NikkiKing) | 1473 comments Mod
I can't wait to get my hands on this and find out what happens! I feel like from the way it ended that anything could happen!

Mags~CVAddikt~ I need want Brimstone and Issa to live ...I guess with a different body but alive!!!

message 7: by Dannette (new) - added it

Dannette (Dtte) | 7 comments I feel the same way!!!!

message 8: by Annabel ♥ (new) - added it

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4559 comments Nikki wrote: "I can't wait to get my hands on this and find out what happens! I feel like from the way it ended that anything could happen!"

exactly what i think. The ending was left so open that there are so many things that could happen

Catelin Wilde | 4 comments If Brimstone is dead I will be very disappointed. He was actually a favorite character. Can't wait for this to come out.

Kagami  (Kagami1107) | 5 comments hope karou not mad at akiva again! and they are together! can't wait for this book

Mailu Casis (Maiilu13) | 106 comments Omg!!! I'm dying to read this book!! I hope that karou forgives Akiva!!! they are meant to be!! And yes Brimestone has to come back!!!! there are so many possibilities I can't wait!!!! :3

message 12: by Bexxy (new) - added it

Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog) (MissBexxy) | 174 comments Omg my book has been delayed :( I've been waiting months for this book to come out :(

Annie (annieaz) | 17 comments I just started it and it is already beautiful!!!!!!

message 14: by Shie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shie (sjshie) | 7 comments I'm reading it now. Gaaad, I'm so thrilled. The writing is just so beautiful. :)

Katie (KatieHayoz) | 15 comments Bexxy wrote: "Omg my book has been delayed :( I've been waiting months for this book to come out :("

Bexxy: My order is late, too!!!!! Have to wait another week. Cannot wait to get it.

message 16: by Bexxy (new) - added it

Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog) (MissBexxy) | 174 comments Katie: Did they tell you why yours was delayed? Apparently the cover I ordered isn't being released in little old New Zealand :(

Amanda (yerawizardamanda) | 100 comments Just started this book last night after finishing the first. Laini Taylor has such a beautiful way of writing. Can't wait to see the outcome of this book.

Mags~CVAddikt~ Finish it yesterday ... and I love it!!!!
The pain ... ohhh so much pain!!!!

message 19: by Shie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shie (sjshie) | 7 comments I couldn't stop staring at Chapter 19 of the book. It hurts so much. Ughhh.

message 20: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4337 comments Mod
Mags~Coca~Cola~Vanilla~Addikt wrote: "Finish it yesterday ... and I love it!!!!
The pain ... ohhh so much pain!!!!"

agreed!

message 21: by Nikki , Shade Slayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

I started the book the other day, honestly these people have their crazy moments haha

Jessica  (stuckinotherworlds) I really confused in this book so far. It jumps all over the place. Hope it gets better and that Karou and Avika end up together!

message 23: by Nikki , Shade Slayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Like Zuze and Mik trying to find Kaoru? Or Ziri? It took me a couple chapters into the book to even remember what was going on and why Kaoru and Akiva were split up

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

This one mde me cry, but I adored it.

Crystal Elizabeth | 41 comments I just finished this one and its AMAZING!! I'd even go as far as saying it outshines Daughter of Smoke and Bone!!

message 26: by Rosal May (new) - added it

Rosal May Ruda (rmruda) | 23 comments I am currently hiatus on this one because I needed to finis my other books and I'm dying to continue reading it again. I'm already halfway, though.

Kristi Tuck Austin (KristiTuckAustin) | 6 comments I'm rereading it now. Wow. Beautiful prose. Compelling characters. I'm glad Zuze and Mik give us a much needed break from the tension. I'm thrilled to read the third this spring and see them in our world.

message 28: by Loren (new)

Loren Secretts | 7 comments My library never seems to have Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but I was able to borrow Days of Blood and Starlight. Can I read it before the other, or should I wait it out?
Thanks!

message 29: by Nghi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nghi | 10 comments Loren wrote: "My library never seems to have Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but I was able to borrow Days of Blood and Starlight. Can I read it before the other, or should I wait it out?
Thanks!"

NO! You will do no such thing! The first book was very good because it was so mysterious and suspenseful. You will ruin and spoil the whole series that way. :(

message 30: by Loren (new)

Loren Secretts | 7 comments Nghi wrote: NO!...NO! You will do no such thing! The first book was very good because it was so mysterious and suspenseful. You will ruin and spoil the whole series that way. "

Thanks Nghi for the warning -- I'll stay far away, I do hate spoilers!

message 31: by Ifrah (last edited Feb 12, 2014 11:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 29 comments I can't wait to get my hands on DOGAM, I've already pre-ordered it. I love this series so much!!!

message 32: by Casey (new) - added it

Casey Hays | 71 comments Loren wrote: "My library never seems to have Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but I was able to borrow Days of Blood and Starlight. Can I read it before the other, or should I wait it out?
Thanks!"

Definitely read DOSAB first! It was absolutely beautiful! Don't spoil it.

message 33: by Casey (new) - added it

Casey Hays | 71 comments I haven't read the Days of Blood and Starlight yet. I've heard mixed reviews, and I liked the first book so, so much. I'm kind of scared to pick up the next one because I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. Can anyone reassure me?

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 29 comments Casey wrote: "I haven't read the Days of Blood and Starlight yet. I've heard mixed reviews, and I liked the first book so, so much. I'm kind of scared to pick up the next one because I'm afraid I'll be disappoin..."

I absolutely loved the second book. I thought it was perfect and definitely better than DOSAB. You should read Days of Blood and Starlight.

Kristi Tuck Austin (KristiTuckAustin) | 6 comments Casey wrote: "I haven't read the Days of Blood and Starlight yet. I've heard mixed reviews, and I liked the first book so, so much. I'm kind of scared to pick up the next one because I'm afraid I'll be disappoin..."

I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and I think Days of Blood and Starlight is a continuation of the endearing qualities (e.g. Zuzana and Mik, Karou, Akiva) plus so much more depth and tugs to the heart (one word: Ziri). I highly recommend you read it. I've gotten everyone from my best friends to hair stylist and dental hygienist to add it to their TBR. :-)

message 36: by Casey (new) - added it

Casey Hays | 71 comments Kristi wrote: "Casey wrote: "I haven't read the Days of Blood and Starlight yet. I've heard mixed reviews, and I liked the first book so, so much. I'm kind of scared to pick up the next one because I'm afraid I'l..."

That's good to hear. I will have to give it a shot then.

message 37: by Casey (new) - added it

Casey Hays | 71 comments Ifrah wrote: "Casey wrote: "I haven't read the Days of Blood and Starlight yet. I've heard mixed reviews, and I liked the first book so, so much. I'm kind of scared to pick up the next one because I'm afraid I'l..."

Well, from what everyone is saying, it's as good as the first. I guess I'd better add it to my list.

message 38: by Casey (new) - added it

Casey Hays | 71 comments Thanks you guys!

Lauraeimre | 51 comments Again, my problem that I didn't love this book. Read "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" last summer and then this one this summer. First half of this book was very slow for me because I was just thinking : "Wait,who is this guy again?" "Why are they doing this, is it because something happened in the first book that I can't remember?" "Karou is WHAT now?? Did I read it in the first book? *checks someones review* Oh,it was in the first one"
Finally when I started to understand what was happening, this book was very interesting. In the end I really liked it :)

unread topics | mark unread