Disney Musicals/Movies discussion

LEAST favorites?

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (lilliecat) | 90 comments Mod
Which ones did NOT have songs that made you want to keep singing and did NOT make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

For me, it was Lilo and Stitch. Ugghh. Okay, I will admit that Stitch is adorable - in fact, I have a stuffed animal of him. But I basically can't STAND this movie. (Oh... it just occurred to me that this one wasn't a musical. Maybe I should change the name to Disney MOVIES. Oh, well.)
It was just so nasty and icky and just very un-Disney for me.

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam I have to disagree. Lilo and Stitch was great! I think The Lion King was pretty sad when Mufasa died when Scar killed him.

message 3: by Brianna (new)

Oh yes, that part makes me cry, every time!

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam Or when Stitch seemingly dies in Lilo and Stitch, Stitch has a Glitch. I was watching it, the scene comes up and I burst into tears!

message 5: by Brianna (new)

OHH, another one I don't really like is Snow White. I mean... I know it's a classic, being the first one and all, it's just... It's always scared me. o.O Especially in the forest when all the trees have eyes and hands and...!!

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam It's... kinda scary, I guess. I just didn't like that witchy person, who I forgot her name. I really thought Bambi was sad... I didn't like it.

message 7: by Brianna (new)

Ouuu, yeah, Bambi was awful! I mean, I liked some parts of it... like the parts when Bambi is learning to speak are adorable... But I pretty much hate the movie after his mother dies.

UM... I don't think the witch has a name. lol. I don't remember her being called anything but 'the evil queen' or 'the evil stepmother'...

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam Oh. Oh well...

Some parts were cute, but then there was the fire... or was that in a different movie?

message 9: by Brianna (new)

That was Bambi. ;) That part was just...scary.

message 10: by Sam (new)

Sam Yeah that was scary! Not the best movie...

What about Air Bud? The first one. Not my favorite of the series. I also think they over used Air Bud.

message 11: by Brianna (new)

I didn't particularly care for any of the Air Bud movies. The first one was okay, and after that I pretty much stopped caring. "Overdone" is a good word to use. :)

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam Yeah. Though The second one, I think, was pretty good. Air Bud Seventh Inning Fetch

message 13: by Lily (new)

Lily (lstice) | 84 comments Yeah,Bambi, sniff, true snow white isn't the best. I like the other princess classics better then her. :D

message 14: by Sam (new)

Sam Classics? I wouldn't exactly go that far to call them classics...

message 15: by Brianna (new)

Beauty and the Beast? Little Mermaid? Sleeping Beauty? Cinderella?

They are all so definitely classics. That's basically what they're known as. :P

message 16: by Sam (new)

Sam Their plot is classic, but the idea of them falling in love at the end is old.

message 17: by Lily (new)

Lily (lstice) | 84 comments It might be cliche but that is what makes them great. :D

message 18: by Sam (new)

Sam Yeah, I guess.

message 19: by Meg (new)

Meg Hawkins (Inkgirl) | 72 comments What's with you people and not liking classic Disney (as opposed to Renessaince)?
I love Lilo and Stitch, Snow White, and Bambi.
I don't like Alice in Wonderland, the great mouse detective, Brother Bear, Home on the Range . . .

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I love all of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 21: by Sam (new)

Sam WHAT!?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

i do!!!!

message 23: by Meg (new)

Meg Hawkins (Inkgirl) | 72 comments Love all of what?

message 24: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 24 comments I LOVE Alice in Wonderland!!!!!!! The rest seem kind of stupid...the kind that you didn't like!

message 25: by Meg (new)

Meg Hawkins (Inkgirl) | 72 comments Eh, I probably woulda liked it more if I'd watched it a lot as a kid. As it was I just didn't understand it O_o

message 26: by Diana (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) | 65 comments least favorite... Anything After Lilo and Stitch was horribly disappointing

With a few exceptions, most pixar movies didn't do it for me either

message 27: by Ariel (new)

Ariel Stone (ArielStone) | 3 comments There are some I can't stand either, and Lilo and Stitch was one of them, I agree. The characters were annoying as hell, and it seemed a bit stupid, and pointless to even watch.

Also, movies like High School Musical were as awful as ever, be sure if you're about to die, you don't die to that movie, otherwise, it was obviously a murdering machine.

message 28: by Brianna (new)

*momentarily puts on Admin Hat* Appropriate language, please.

I do tend to agree with you though; Lilo and Stitch was just plain obnoxious. And... please do not even get me started on High School Musical. *resist bashing, resiiiiiiiiiiist*

I liked some of the Pixar movies, but I do wish Cars would die...and now they're coming out with a second one...noooooooooooooooo...

message 29: by Krista (new)

Krista | 99 comments I loved Cars! I thought that it was really cute. :) However, I am not so sure about the second one. :/

message 30: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) I. Hate. Bam. Bi. and his momma.

message 31: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) hee hee hee Your Mom XD

message 32: by Brianna (last edited Jul 06, 2011 03:05PM) (new)

Aww, that's so mean. XD

Poor Bambi. :(

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Sleeping Beauty - it freaked me out when I was 4 or 5 and I haven't sren it since.

Pinocchio - c'mon, it's just plain creepy.

message 34: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Yeah.... Pleasure Island....

message 35: by Amber (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 22 comments Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World

That was horrible. :( I just remember trying not to yell at my computer while I was in a class watching it.

message 36: by Brianna (last edited Aug 01, 2011 05:38PM) (new)

It was about Pocahontas visiting England and meeting John Rolfe (sp?) and is generally entertaining-but-not-historically-accurate... well, rather like the first one. I don't really remember specifics, except for John Smith showing up again and there being some sort of rivalry between the two Johns... Hah, and John's mother kissing Miko (the raccoon) thinking it's John, and saying, "Johnny, you need a BATH!" Possibly the greatest moment in the movie. LOL.

But I tend to agree with Amber.

message 37: by Amber (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 22 comments It just ruined all of the magic of the first movie. *sighs* I try to pretend that it didn't happen.

The second one actually was pretty accurate, Pocahontas did go to England and did marry John Rolfe.

I still don't understand why they had to even make it accurate in the second movie, when it was nowhere near accurate in the first one.

message 38: by Brianna (new)

I guess it was accurate as far as those two facts (her visiting England and her marriage to Rolfe), but the whole Smith/Rolfe rivalry thing was just laughable. And of course they don't mention her getting sick and dying (not sure how soon after her visit to England that happened, anyway.). Of course, I'm glad they didn't mention that in a kids' movie.

Hmm, good point...why bother trying to make the second one accurate when the first one was almost completely made-up? It's Disney, after all; no one expects any of the movies to really be anything like the original, whether it was a book (*cough*HunchbackofNotreDame*cough*), fairy/folk tale (pretty much all the princess movies), or historical event.

So, all babbling aside... nope. It makes no sense. Oh, well... Silly Disney. :)

message 39: by Amber (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 22 comments True. Eh, it's forgivable I suppose.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 6 comments I don't like the more recent Disney movies, the ones they show on Disney channel.

message 41: by Leah (new)

Leah | 10 comments I've never liked Lilo and Stitch.