Harry Potter discussion

Questions > What kind of wand would you have?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

Cathy | 50 comments I want a wand but I don't want to buy one online, and what would I do with it anyway? Since it is not magical.

But my daughter carved a wand out of a stick that got caught under her car -- and it has burn marks on it and etc.

It is serendipitous! But still not magical.

So! If you could choose a wand, or if a wand would choose you -- WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Describe!
Tell what kind of material it is made of and what lies at it's core -- it's length and all that stuff. you know, springy, bendy, etc?

message 2: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie I would have Pheonix feather, Dragon heartstring mix. It would be bendy, and made out of Whomping Willow type wood. Nice and durable, 8 inches.

message 3: by Cathy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Cathy | 50 comments I would want one made from a whittled twig from the old tree down by the Rio Abajo Rio; wolf eyelash center, bendy and springy, with carved swirls and moons.

message 4: by Zoab (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Zoab Kapoor I would have a strong, pretty long wand. I would use a Pheonix/Dragon mix for the core.

message 5: by Michael (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Michael Mine would say "wonderboy" on it with a lightning bolt. When I used it it would rain and thunder.

or maybe

it would be made from a petrified walrus member.
I hear they get real big. lol

message 6: by Kidz (new)

Kidz | 33 comments mine would be oak with unicorn hair in the center
nine inches and slightley bendy

message 7: by Allie (new)

Allie | 76 comments rosewood with vila hair, slightly bendy, very good with love potions and charms and charming.....I took a test!!!

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 10 comments Cherry wood with antimatter, 12 inches, whippy.

message 9: by Sanskriti (new)

Sanskriti umm...ash with dragon heartstring..
7 inches..

message 10: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 1 comments I would have a core of a griffin with the wood from the tree that bears golden apples. 8 inches and powerful

message 11: by Krauser108 (new)

Krauser108 | 6 comments I WOULD HAVE PHEONIX/WOLF BANG,12 INCHES, WITH SHINYN WOOD

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

My wand would be pheonix feather/veela hair mixed core, 11 inches, cherry wood, very springy and durable.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Once again, the comment above ws accidentally posted by Valentine's sister, Maya.

message 14: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Theodor | 9 comments Mine would be Redwood Black lab hair 8 inches

message 15: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) uh, i caould take this topic COMPLETELY the wrong way, as there's an inside joke going on amongst me and my friends... no comment

message 16: by Justin (last edited Jun 20, 2008 02:22PM) (new)

Justin (Freak) | 13 comments what quiz did u take, allie?

message 17: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments yeah! wanna take it too!

mine would be about 12 inches long, made from white birch (my favorite tree!) and with mermaid hair in the center. i just think it sounds cool!

by the way, allie can you please post the link to the wand test?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

something with either mermaid hair or unicorn hair.

message 19: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments i took an online test--- it's not that hard to find one, just look it up on google. here's my results:

9 1/2 inches, hazel and dragon heartstring. This is a wand of wisdom and practicality. No nonsense approach to life, logical, reasonable. But also a rather uncreative Ollivander wand--looks like you are going to have problems making u...um... doing your Divination assignments!

kind of dissapointed about the uncreative bit--- but otherwise, nice! although i would have preffered something exotic like mermaid hair...

message 20: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments i took like 3 different quizzes- here are the answers!
juniper, 9 1/4 in, merfolk hair.
Your Result: 12.5" Yew, Dragon Heartstring

Your wand is longer than average, with a flexible and long-lasting wood. Dragon Heartstring is a common Ollivander core. Your wand is ideal for jinxes and hexes.

you scored as a 9 1/2" Rosewood with Phoenix Feather
Rosewood represents beauty, and is very adept when it comes to matters of love. Phoenix tail can make wands that are very powerful, so I think the user of this wand will be dating whoever he/she likes, whether it's through fear or love potions.

awesome!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

My Result: 11.5" Yew, Unicorn Hair

Your wand is of average length, with a flexible and long-lasting wood. Unicorn Hair is less common than most wand cores (owing to the high probability of being skewered), though easily found at Ollivander's. Your wand is ideal for Charms.

yeah for the exotic unicorn hair!!!

i took this quiz:

http://www.gotoquiz.com/results/what_...