Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight question

Who else was annoyed by Bella?
Astra Astra Mar 02, 2012 06:00PM
I like twilight, but when I read it I was really annoyed by how Bella was so emotionally retarded. Does anyone else share my opinion?

Weird wrote: "I like twilight, but when I read it I was really annoyed by how Bella was so emotionally retarded. Does anyone else share my opinion?"

hahah, definitely

F 25x33
Lint Aw, hahaha, yeah me too, but she's a stubborn little thing :L ...more
Apr 26, 2012 07:55AM · flag
Rachel She's weak, lol. ...more
Apr 26, 2012 11:40AM · flag

Personally i kinda like Bella but she can get quite annoying at some points. She is not my favorite character but she is still one of the better ones.

Dear Stephenie Meyer,

Please make your characters likeable.
And learn how to write well.

Yours sincerely,

Someone who is for the first time in a while agreeing with the majority.

I definetly thought she was a pathetic little emotionless robot... SHE annoyed the crap outta me, because, if I had what she had, I would show some emotion when I saw Edward, or when I saw my kid, or when I thought something was funny, I would laugh... She just... sucked.

Bella in my own opinion is just flat out annoying and just way to dramatic. She doesn't like anything and I mean seriously she wasn't even that grateful when she got her pick from Charlie. Also when Edward left her she went out looking for the house, and then fell asleep in the woods and tried to commit suicide just to hear Edward's voice. When Ron left Hermione she didn't try to kill herself, no she kept fighting even though he left, Bella is nothing compare to Herminoe and her braveness.

bella didnt seem to be so annoying to me in breaking dawn 2...! others agree? disagree?

I wasn't annoyed by her, but Kristen is another matter entirely. The Twilight characters are sophisticated, it's just that they chose teeny bopper actors to portray them. So I'm Team characters in twilight, but not team actors in twilight.

Agreed, hated her character but couldnt stop reading

deleted member Nov 19, 2012 10:58AM   0 votes
So...annoyed...grrrrr! *tears hair out*

deleted member Apr 25, 2012 11:32AM   0 votes
I just tink she is so stupid. She does all these stupid things. I know she says she cars about Edward, but i think she really only cares about herself. I don't think she starts caring about other until the last book of Breaking Dawn. I like the character of Bella, but si think she just does things to tick me off.

I liked Bella.

overall, i think that the books were good but yes stephenie meyers could have written the books alot better but those books were wtitten for teenagers and a lot of younger kids were also reading it. i had found a lot of the characters annoying but at other times they were very interesting. the novels kept me on the edge of my seat as i read them.

Weird wrote: "I like twilight, but when I read it I was really annoyed by how Bella was so emotionally retarded. Does anyone else share my opinion?"

Another pointless discussion topic about Bella - could we be any less original? Also, Weird, how can you even comment on Bella's "emotional retardation" when you began a discussion criticizing a fictitious character. What makes you want to discuss someone (not real) who annoys you? On top of that, you don't even give a reason explaining why you feel as though she is emotionally retarded. Come on!

deleted member Mar 02, 2012 06:50PM   -1 votes
what is retarded?

deleted member Mar 02, 2012 06:23PM   -1 votes
i wasn't the main person a thought was always in the way was jacob black, i know tht they are friends but come on can you leave the girl alone for one minute of her life

Vi Mar 02, 2012 07:39PM   -1 votes
I thought Bella was very pathetic, because she always had to be rescued by Edward. Also, I found overall Twilight incredibly difficult to read because it was extremely poorly written.