Addicted to YA discussion

Any Questions? > Question...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 151 (151 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I just have a really random question... For moderators, how do you get something underneath your name in gray? I don't know how (I'm kind of technologically naive). Does anyone know how to do that?

message 2: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5215 comments Mod
Anne wrote: "I just have a really random question... For moderators, how do you get something underneath your name in gray? I don't know how (I'm kind of technologically naive). Does anyone know how to do that?"

Oh yeah I think you can go to members and then theres an add title button under your name. that's how i did it

message 3: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Ohhh!! Thank you!!!

message 4: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Your welocome!

message 5: by Giochima (new)

Giochima | 10 comments where are the books with male main characters? the last 10 books i read they were all with a female main character, dont get me wrong they were all great! but i would like to read a book from the pion of view of a guy. suggestions?

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 04, 2012 11:27AM) (new)

Yeah your right I haven't read many books with guy main characters besides HP and Percy Jackson but the book White Cat has a guy main character and I think the Maze Runner does too. Oh and the Eragon books

message 7: by Jack (new)

Jack | 113 comments I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find some books with male main characters. I could help if necessary.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

How do you become a moderator for a group?

message 9: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Carson wrote: "How do you become a moderator for a group?"

You create a group or ask a moderator of another group if you can be a moderator, and then they make you a moderator.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura Anderson | 75 comments Giochima wrote: "where are the books with male main characters? the last 10 books i read they were all with a female main character, dont get me wrong they were all great! but i would like to read a book from the p..."

Hi! I feel you pain, so I blogged a list of books with guys as main characters. I included the ones Erika mentioned, as well as a few I thought of. Thanks for the idea! You can check it out here:
http://lauraleeanderson.wordpress.com/
Let me know if you think of any others!

message 11: by Jack (new)

Jack | 113 comments Laura Lee wrote: "Giochima wrote: "where are the books with male main characters? the last 10 books i read they were all with a female main character, dont get me wrong they were all great! but i would like to read ..."
That's really helpful. I'm probably going to check out some of the books I hadn't read before.

Also, what about The Fire Within series by Chris D'Lacey, the Evil Genius trilogy by Catherine Jinks, and the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfield?

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura Anderson | 75 comments I thought Leviathan was about a girl masquerading as a guy...? but I could be wrong! I added your suggestions to the blog! Thanks! :)

message 13: by Jack (new)

Jack | 113 comments Laura Lee wrote: "I thought Leviathan was about a girl masquerading as a guy...? but I could be wrong! I added your suggestions to the blog! Thanks! :)"
It is, but since she has to act like a guy, it felt less feminine.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura Anderson | 75 comments Got it! Thanks- I'm glad you suggested it. It helps to get guy suggestions from an actual guy. :)

message 15: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Bailey wrote: "anyone know if Incarnate is good? thinking about buying it............?"

Hmm I think it's good, my friend read it and she said so.

message 16: by Shae (new)

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) Giochima wrote: "where are the books with male main characters? the last 10 books i read they were all with a female main character, dont get me wrong they were all great! but i would like to read a book from the p..."

The Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner. Amaaaaaaazing. Also, Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi splits between a male and female perspective.

message 17: by Shae (new)

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) Okay, so a very rube question, here. How do you copy and paste book covers straight into a comment? For example, if I wanted to post in the game "Like It, Hate It, Want To Read It" and wanted to put Moby Dick, how do I make the cover appear?

message 18: by Jack (new)

Jack | 113 comments Shelver wrote: "Okay, so a very rube question, here. How do you copy and paste book covers straight into a comment? For example, if I wanted to post in the game "Like It, Hate It, Want To Read It" and wanted to pu..."
This is going to be confusing.

Basically, above the comment box, there's a thing that says "add book/author". Click that. Then you search the title you want to add.

However, before linking it, look in the bottom right hand corner. There should be an option for posting the cover, not the link. Click that, and then click the "Add" button next to the book.

I hope this helps.

message 19: by Shae (new)

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) Perfect. Thanks!

message 20: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I'd recommend the Kindle or the Nook Color, they are both pretty cool!

message 21: by Noor (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Are you going to use the tablet for reading only??? If not I recommend the iPad but its expensive compared to the others out there so if you don't need the extra features don't get it. But if you it's worth it! :)

message 22: by Jack (new)

Jack | 113 comments I use a Kindle, and it serves me well. I have the most basic one, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the Fire because it works so well.

message 23: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Avangeline (shannonavangeline) | 3 comments I love my kindle fire!!!

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments Giochima wrote: "where are the books with male main characters? the last 10 books i read they were all with a female main character, dont get me wrong they were all great! but i would like to read a book from the p..."

Lord of the Rings; the Bartimaus Trilogy, iboy, Black Rabbit Summer, The Ostrich Boys, The Chaos Walking series has a lead male,the first one is The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness ,

message 25: by Martin (new)

Martin | 3 comments I came across this one while I was overseas and read through it in a couple of sittings. Been a while since I read it, but I'm pretty sure the lead main character is male. Interesting story. The series is called The Medusa Project and this is the first one The Set-up (Medusa Project, #1) by Sophie McKenzie

message 26: by OfficialNerd (new)

OfficialNerd | 6 comments i have one question wat if u couldnt read one of the books thats suppose to be for a every month is it very important to read book for every month???

message 27: by Anna (last edited May 19, 2012 11:47AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments I wouldn't worry about it - I ve not managed it so far. (Hardback, not in the library/UK or just been reading other books) but its nice to have suggestions. I caught up with Divergent last week - (March or April's book) - the thread is still up so I can still join in now.

message 28: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) Ummm, I'm not sure if any one has asked but there is a second book for the chemical garden trilogy called Fever and I noticed that there isnt a discussion for that.

message 29: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Chelsea wrote: "Ummm, I'm not sure if any one has asked but there is a second book for the chemical garden trilogy called Fever and I noticed that there isnt a discussion for that."

We haven't read Fever yet but since we read Wither I'll put a topic for Fever up later today.

message 30: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) Thanks!

message 31: by Jamile (new)

Jamile (jamilemsilva) | 47 comments um one question, just if anyone knows where i can download or read online the book An Assembly Such as This (Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman #1) by Pamela Aidan. I've literally spent hours looking and I'm becoming quite desperate

message 32: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 331 comments http://www.amazon.com/Assembly-Fitzwi...

I don't know if you were looking for it for free, but here it is for 10.99. If you don't have an e-reader you can use the amazon cloud to read it on your computer...

message 33: by Jamile (last edited Jul 23, 2012 07:47PM) (new)

Jamile (jamilemsilva) | 47 comments thanks :)

message 34: by Mel (new)

Mel I suggest adding the YA Fallen series to this group. I'm reading this series, and I think it's deliciously good so far! :D

message 35: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Mel wrote: "I suggest adding the YA Fallen series to this group. I'm reading this series, and I think it's deliciously good so far! :D"

The suggestions for the September books are going to be up soon so you could suggest Fallen then. Hope that's ok.

message 36: by Mel (new)

Mel Sure! :) Thanks!

message 37: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Does anyone know if you can have a book on two shelves at once?

message 38: by Mel (new)

Mel Well I have lots of books on the 'read' and 'favorites' shelves, but I don't know beyond that.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4586 comments Sydney wrote: "Does anyone know if you can have a book on two shelves at once?"

Yeps, as long as you don't mark the shelf as "exclusive"

message 40: by Zoriana (new)

Zoriana | 55 comments What are you supposed to do on here? Sorry, I'm new and this is my first group ever and I'm a little confused... Can anyone explain please?

message 41: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Hi Zoriana! Welcome to the group! Well you could comment on some of the topics about books we've read, you could join the games, vote on polls (there is currently a poll for the September books), and talk about book characters. Whenever I join a new group I tend to explore all the topics. Hope I helped a little.

message 42: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Does anyone know if you can have a book on two shelves at once?"

Yeps, as long as you don't mark the shelf as "exclusive""

Thanks!

message 43: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Zoriana wrote: "What are you supposed to do on here? Sorry, I'm new and this is my first group ever and I'm a little confused... Can anyone explain please?"
Hi Zoriana, welcome to our group! I hope you have a lot of fun here, because this is my favorite group ever! As Erika said, feel free to comment on some of the topics about books that you've read, and just be yourself around here, say your opinions about certain books and stuff. Its really fun and easy.

i know it can be SO intimidating to join a new group, especially a really big one, but feel free to just jump into the discussions even if everyone's talking about something completely different. :) Enjoy the group! (And I hope I helped you a bit!)

message 44: by Jack (new)

Jack | 113 comments Zoriana wrote: "What are you supposed to do on here? Sorry, I'm new and this is my first group ever and I'm a little confused... Can anyone explain please?"
And, to add on what Anne said, don't hesitate to ask anyone for help.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Im new to groups and stuff so im a little confuzed. If you wanted to follow a book that the rest of the group ir reading how will you find out the dates and what book? Thanks x

message 46: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Hi Sophie. I don't know what you mean by follow a book but there is a folder called Currently Reading and you could talk about the books there. The books we are currently reading are at the top of the group and they change everyone month. The other books we've read are organized in different folders by series. I hope I helped a little.

message 47: by L.W. (new)

L.W. Patricks | 32 comments Hi moderator's,

I would love the opportunity to introduce my book to this group and link a sample page to my website. However I want to do this in a fashion that I'm not hijacking the group or spamming it. Would there a folder for author self promotions?

Thank you!

L.W.

message 48: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

There's the Author folder where you can create a topic in that folder.

message 49: by Daria (new)

Daria (blame-the-nargles) I HAVE A QUESTION!!!!!
How come there's no HARRY POTTER thread!?!?!?!??! Like, for discussing all the books and stuff??? :'( This makes me sad.
Or is there one, and I just didn't see it???...

message 50: by Betty Jo (new)

Betty Jo Pritchett (busylady) | 42 comments I have a question. I'm trying to set up my 2013 BOM reading challenge with my shelf. I thought I had set it up correctly, but for some reason, the ticker on my group home page isn't keeping track of the books I've read in that shelf. It should say one and it says zero. Any thoughts? I tried physically typing the name of my shelf in the space provided and also copying and pasting the link itself.

« previous 1 3 4