Addicted to YA discussion

Movies and TV Shows > Twilight Movies

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments What did you think of the Twilight movies? Were they as good as the books?

message 2: by Nila (new)

Nila | 139 comments Nope. The books were so much better!

message 3: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I didn't watch them, but I heard that they were awful--and, I only read the first Twilight book.

message 4: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
There were pretty bad I've seen all of them that are out and its only because of Taylor Lautner

message 5: by Nila (last edited Mar 31, 2013 05:44PM) (new)

Nila | 139 comments definatly

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Anyone seen the Vampires Suck movie? It was so funny

message 7: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Nope.. whats it about?

message 8: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 03, 2012 11:45AM) (new)

It's just a movie that makes fun of the Twilight movies. I liked the books but absolutely hated the movies so I loved it

message 9: by ~T~ (new)

~T~ (tasheana23) I read the books, LOVED THEM! I had this picture painted in my head of what edward and bella were like.. The movie dashed my hopes and dreams. I still love the books but I didn't watch the movies after the first one.

message 10: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Erika wrote: "It's just a movie that makes fun of the Twilight movies. I liked the books but absolutely hated the movies so I loved it"

Ok-- I have to watch that one. I make fun of Stephenie Meyer a lot, though I do like the books. (She can't write!!!!!)

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Watched the movies, and then read the books. The books were 10 times better!

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen (jennaumannauthor) | 4 comments I loved Vampires Suck! I am not as big of a fan of the movies and agree, I pictured Bella and Edward as being totally different. I have separated the books from the movies though and like them for their own reasons. Did anyone else think we were totally ripped off with the promise of a trailer before Hunger Games??

message 13: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Jen wrote: "I loved Vampires Suck! I am not as big of a fan of the movies and agree, I pictured Bella and Edward as being totally different. I have separated the books from the movies though and like them for ..."

The trailer wasn't that good it actually had me laughing because they were trying to make it scary...

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments I thought the first movie worked as it was so influenced by Stephanie Meyer and Katherine Hardwick who clearly loved the books, but the rest are weak. I can't forgive them for using a different actress for Victoria in no 3, who looks like she is 14. The first Victoria was perfect, the second just pandered to Hollywoods obsession for youth.

message 15: by Ela (new)

Ela Yeah I really liked the first movie with all it's brooding stares and rain, but then they became too hollywoodized. Especially having people directing them who didn'd love the books, Hardwicke did a great job with number 1.
I hate that they changed the actress for Victoria: Rachelle Lefevre was a edgy and dangerous, but Bryce Dallas Howard was a kitten in comparison. So annoying!!

message 16: by Kati (new)

Kati (woodkati6) Well I used to love the Twilight books, then the movie came out. The movie was just awful. I had never seen a movie that was that bad. And now whenever I try to read the books I just can't cause the movies pretty much ruined it for me. Does anyone else feel that way?

message 17: by Kati (new)

Kati (woodkati6) yeah, i've read all the books and i've watched all the movies so far. I will go see he last one just cuz i've already started it. it's just whenever i watch the movies i just laugh at how silly they are.

message 18: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 30 comments Kati wrote: "Well I used to love the Twilight books, then the movie came out. The movie was just awful. I had never seen a movie that was that bad. And now whenever I try to read the books I just can't cause th..."

Well, I liked the books okay, but I totally agree about the movies. . . they were not good at all! Most movies fail in comparison to their books. . . especially these!

message 19: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments I think of the 4 movies so far, twilight was the worst of them. I thought with each movie, they got better, especially the wolf effects.

message 20: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 30 comments Well, I haven't even seen Breaking Dawn yet, but I don't know. . . is it worth it?

message 21: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments Depends. If you liked the book, I think you'd like the movie. It's the 1st half of the book and it follows the book pretty closely. (only one variation that I can think of) If you didn't like the other movies though, I wouldn't think you'd like Breaking Dawn. But you might want to watch it just so you can bash it, you know? :)

message 22: by Anna (last edited May 03, 2012 04:12AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments If you like the books then you'll proabably enjoy BD - if just to see what they've done. I thought Twilight was the best of the 4-for me that one captured the atmosphere of the book whereas the rest just workout the franchise. This one is ok but it is what it is: a romantic film with some werewolves!

message 23: by Vrushali (new)

Vrushali (vrushali_m) | 43 comments the movies were worse than the books...the actors didn't really suit their roles...

message 24: by Anna (last edited May 03, 2012 06:00AM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments I liked the Cullen family especially alice-and the bad vamps from #1

message 25: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments I thought Alice was inspired casting.

message 26: by Maddy (new)

Maddy | 30 comments Alice is definitely my fav character, in both the real movies annnddd vampires suck! Thats a hilarious movie btw...

message 27: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments I haven't seen that one! Another one that looks good is a new Johnny Depp movie called Dark Shadows that looks funny!

message 28: by Maddy (last edited Aug 04, 2012 05:08PM) (new)

Maddy | 30 comments I know! I want to see it! Anything with vampires = a must watch. . .

message 29: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 331 comments Alice is my favorite character also. However, I think most of the movies are better than the books. I am just not all that into vampires at the moment...

message 30: by Ela (new)

Ela Cassandra wrote: "Alice is my favorite character also. However, I think most of the movies are better than the books. I am just not all that into vampires at the moment..."

I agree that alice was my favourite character. out of the four Twilight was by far my favourite, it had it's own broody style unlike the rest of them who were alterted to fit the hoolywood mould.

message 31: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 331 comments Ela wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Alice is my favorite character also. However, I think most of the movies are better than the books. I am just not all that into vampires at the moment..."

I agree that alice was ..."

Agreed. Kristen Stewart's acting was poor through out though!

message 32: by Mel (last edited Sep 16, 2012 05:18PM) (new)

Mel These are my favorite movies ever. I thought the acting was superb. (though I do have my favorites) :) And the movie followed the storyline nicely. There were some small, yet enjoyable parts from the book that I kinda wished they'd included in the movie sometimes, but I LOOOOOVED it nonetheless.

message 33: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Nope don't watch it. Equally poor as the books. :( Just saying in my opinion.

message 34: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Breaking Dawn pt. 2 is the best movie among the 5. I swear it was unexpected.

message 35: by Shayna (new)

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 188 comments if you judge the series by the first movie you should rethink that. The director of Twilight Catherine Hardwicke was a real fruit ball (just saying) She had the actors ad lib and " do what you feel" which was rubbish a director should direct. Anyways it was off not on point with the books. But as you move on to New Moon it gets better (and not because Taylor Lautner is half naked most of the second half) (I'm team Edward).
But because they are obviously trying to ho more with the book. But still I wasnt happy. Eric should have been history and Ben Chenney should have entered the picture as Angela's man. Also Angela and Bella should have hung out more. And her relationship with Charlie and dialogue should have been more. When Eclipse came out I was so happy it was more with the books than any of others I was very happy with it. Breaking Dawn pt 1 & 2 didn't let me down. Although the wolves talking with the echo was a little too cheese ball for me. And I wish the whole Alice and Jake thing should have been in there. Also Rosalie's make shift dog bowl for Jake would have been hilarious to see!
All in all I love the books and the movies. I just love the books a little more!

message 36: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (tralo29) | 35 comments The books were great. The first film Twilight was great I lived the indi apeal. then the rest of it was ok in comparison. I guess the last Breaking Dawn was satisfying in It's own right. but nothing beats the books & first movie

message 37: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Hoehne (nikkirajaramlol) | 685 comments My favorite one was breaking dawn part 2 it really had me going at the end!

message 38: by Teisha (new)

Teisha Roberts | 2 comments i loved the books and also the movies but i only read the books after i watched twilight (friend forced me and i fell i love lol). but the missed so much in the movies from the books.. As much as i loved the movies the books are 10x better

message 39: by Amber (new)

Amber (peoplewererain) | 862 comments They had me hating the series and then I read the books and liked them much better! They ruined the books with the movies

message 40: by Eager (new)

Eager Reader (TheEagerReader) | 79 comments Hmm, good question. I refused to read the books and then one day Twilight was on tv. I got sucked in. I ended up watching Twilight and New Moon and then reading all four books. Once I finished reading them, Eclipse came out.

So, I've read the books and watched the movies and I enjoyed both but the books are better. I feel like Kristen Stewart played Bella way differently than she was written. Frankly, Robert Pattinson played Edward a little differently too...but not quite as bad as KS.

message 41: by Eager (new)

Eager Reader (TheEagerReader) | 79 comments ShaeAnn77 wrote: "if you judge the series by the first movie you should rethink that. The director of Twilight Catherine Hardwicke was a real fruit ball (just saying) She had the actors ad lib and " do what you feel..."

I heard that the dog bowl scene was filmed and will be in the outtakes on the BD2 DVD!

°☆.。.:*・Arianna°☆.。.:*・ (weresvsvamps) | 25 comments I liked the book way better. They take all the humor out of the movie and they make Edward seem all work and no play (hella serious). I liked the Edward better in the book.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I love all five books. Breaking Dawn Part 1 is my favorite.

message 44: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (warpedline) | 95 comments Well, the books were good (although I wasn't head over heels) but I really, really disliked the movies. The books were better than the movies, but just neither were my thing.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

The last movie was the best I gotta say...I didn't like the books that much...

message 46: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean Not good as the books. I hated Kirsten Stewart as Bella. She completely destroyed that character. She is a horrible actress.

I didn't like Rob Pattinson as Edward. Edward is supposed to be the most gorgeous guy on the planet. They could of gotten a smoking hot actor to play him. Pattinson didn't cut it for me.

Paul Wesley who plays Stefan in the Vampire Diaries TV show and Nina Dobrev who plays Elena in the Vampire Diaries are my ideal Edward and Bella. But if they did this movie then they wouldn't be Stefan and Elena and I love the Vampire Diaries show much more than the Twilight movies. Still they could of gotten far better actors to be Edward and Bella. They hit the mark with the rest of the characters but they screwed up royally on the main characters.

I gotta say the first movie was horrible and after they got rid of that lousy director and got a new one the movies got better as they went along and stayed truer to the books.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Joanne♥~Bookworm Extraordinaire wrote: "Not good as the books. I hated Kirsten Stewart as Bella. She completely destroyed that character. She is a horrible actress.

I didn't like Rob Pattinson as Edward. Edward is supposed to be the mo..."

Agree with on everything u said, the last movie was the best

message 48: by Simone (new)

Simone (simone2204) | 2 comments I know in most cases the movies will never be as good as the books we loved, but with the first movie they got it so wrong it was confusing.like watching a nature documentary with confusing dialogue. it got better though but sometimes a book with a good story should not be made into a movie, especially when they dont stay true to the basic details at least. A real pity because it could have awesome if they had a better screen writer and actress/actor for bella & Edward!

message 49: by Stormy (new)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments Agreed. It just might have been better with better screenplay and actors, because its very hard to make a good movie from a sucky screenplay

message 50: by Liam (new)

Liam Moiser (moiser20) | 5 comments I read the first book and that was it. Unfortunately Twilight wasn't something that interested me. Though I must admit my sister has been trying to get me to sit down and watch the first film with her. She is totally crazy for Twilight.

« previous 1