Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Self-Promotion > Free Ebook Giveaway!!!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mercy (new)

Mercy Walker | 19 comments My YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy novel, Last Rites, is free on Amazon from 03/02/2012 to 03/06/2012. So I guess you guys can have as many copies as you like on those five promo days.

If you don't have a kindle, you can download the free Kindle APP to your Phone or PC.

I can also send out as many pdf copies as are needed, for those not Kindle ready. Just inbox me here or at my email.

mercy(dot)walker(dot)books(at)gmail(dot)com

Here's the plot summary:

YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy

What if you discover your fiancé is a werewolf, and worse, his creature-of-the-night girlfriend is trying to kill you?

Lucy Hart, eighteen-year-old queen bee and captain of the cheer squad, faces just that. She loses everything—money, social status, and even her home—when her father is arrested for tax evasion and immigrant slave trafficking. Reduced to flipping burgers, she plots to get her old life back, blackmailing her father’s slime ball lawyer, and scheming her way into a gig pretending to be a rich young man’s “fiancée.” The pay: enough money to let her write her own future. The bad news: the guy is a condescending pain in the butt.

In no time at all Lucy finds herself fighting for her life as her faux fiancé’s vampire girlfriend tries to slaughter her, and on top of that, getting royally grossed out by her own spanking new paranormal ability: necromancy. Yet somehow, while she gets back her life and kicks vampire butt, she also manages to fall in love/lust with her fake fiancé.

and here's the url

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007AQ4CC4

Hope you all like the novel, and hope to hear some honest feedback. If you like it, review it here on Goodreads or on Amazon. Tell your friends, Facebook and Twitter about it too.
Thanks a bunch,

Mercy Walker

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments It sounds really good! I am going to go pick up a copy now! :)

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 112 comments I snagged it! Thanks!

message 4: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (clairevioletthorpe) | 127 comments I got my copy. Thanks for sharing!

message 5: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) I got my copy already x

message 6: by Lourdes (last edited Mar 05, 2012 07:24AM) (new)

Lourdes Castillo (lourdesc55) | 10 comments Thanks for sharing - Just picked it up and I'll leave a review when I finish (adding it to my currently reading list now)- sounds like a good read.

message 7: by Mercy (new)

Mercy Walker | 19 comments Ladies...Thank you so much. I hope you all enjoy it.

message 8: by Lourdes (new)

Lourdes Castillo (lourdesc55) | 10 comments I am half way through now and well had to be told last night "put that thing down" - so needless to say - its good. I'll finish it up tonight and leave a full review - here and on Amazon when I am done. Told a couple of girlfriends to pick it up.

message 9: by Lourdes (new)

Lourdes Castillo (lourdesc55) | 10 comments Great book and hopefully great start to a new series.

First off there is Lucy, sure your first impression of her is well “what a bitch” (for a lack of a better description) – but you can also tell there is more dept to her then meets the eye and see seems to be a product of her father’s doing. I enjoyed her “golden arches” stint and where I never feel sorry for her – I can relate to her desire for wanting more for herself – sure she tells herself it’s all about the money, but in my opinion it never was, you don’t fall for a family after one night if it was, she’s looking for security and belonging and I think she has found it with Gabe’s family – but perhaps after reading so many books (42 series and growing) I am reading too much into her character. Right out of the box, putting aside Gabe’s girlfriend, he is a good paring for her, and you can’t help but like Frances, no matter what his “tendencies” are I can see him protecting Lucy and being there for her. Grandma Rocks!

So many good characters to name them all. I liked all the character and felt they worked well together, not loving the vampire brother and sister act, but hey someone has to be a villain.

I recommend this book (series, fingers crossed) and have already done so to several of my book reading “sisters”. It’s a good read and you don’t want to put it down and when you get to the end your response will be “when’s the next one coming out” and immediately find yourself surfing the web for any review, blog or quote of when that next one is coming out.

Thanks Mercy! Looking forward to more.