Contemporary German Writers discussion

Zehn
This topic is about Zehn
Kurzgeschichten / Shortstories > Celebrities trying their hands at literature: Franka Potente

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (last edited Mar 03, 2012 05:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna | 12 comments Franka Potente, the German actress who "made it" in Hollywood ("Lola rennt", "The Bourne Identity"), published a collection of shortstories in 2010, which in Germany was received with curiosity but also with a great deal of scepticism (a summary of the reviews of the German press can be found here: http://www.perlentaucher.de/buch/3471...). Recently, I came across this collection of shortstories that take place in modern-day Japan and offer a glimpse into the lives of people who Potente met during a trip to Asia.

I didn't expect the book - her characters!!! - to move me as deeply, and so I thought I'd share it with you guys. I'd really like to recommend it to you and hope to start a good discussion here :)

Has anyone of you, by chance, read this book or heard about it?

message 2: by Manybooks (new) - added it

Manybooks | 39 comments It's on my to-read list; thanks for the recommendation. But getting books from Amazon German is quite expensive, so it might be some time before I am able to get a copy to read.

message 3: by Muphyn (new) - added it

Muphyn Wow, no, I hadn't heard of it! Must check it out though, sounds very interesting. Thanks for bringing it up here, Anna!

message 4: by Betty (new) - added it

Betty Asma (everydayabook) I like the Japanese theme and have listed "Zehn" in my TBR. Thanks for bringing the stories to my attention, Anna :)

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark (keklar) | 2 comments Cool! Will have to check this out :) Thanks for letting us know about it!