Write a Story discussion

starting out > Starting Out

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

First have an idea. Then create characters. Next a setting and time. And tell us.
EXAMPLE-
Idea: A girl survives the end of the world and meets a guy. They create a new world and help recreate a the world as we now it.
Characters: Jeanette (A sensitive yet tough girl with smarts and nerve) and Brendan (A smart cute guy with muscle guts and a heart)
Setting: Not set normal town in any old place
Time: sometime in the future

message 2: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (firedragon1) | 108 comments Idea: a girl pretends to be a boy to be on a police force. one of her cases is missing jewels. the jewel thief is called the Shade.
Characters: Cheyenne, called Sean at her job (rough girl in a rough world) and the Shade (mysterious, somehow gets a gem without being seen. hasn't killed anyone)
Setting: large city (think New York!)
Time: in the not-so-distant future

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

nice sounds good
Geneva wrote: "Idea: a girl pretends to be a boy to be on a police force. one of her cases is missing jewels. the jewel thief is called the Shade.
Characters: Cheyenne, called Sean at her job (rough girl in a rou..."

☽❣≾Кἆяἆ ☾இ☽ סℯἆด ฬỉฑcჩℯธセℯԻ≿❣☾  | 1 comments Idea: Girl has to jump off cliff to get her wings. It's a ritual that every girl in her village does. So when it her turns she jumps, will sh get her wings or is there different destiny written in the stars for Serena.
Characters: Serena (Smart, funny, rebellious, nice, outgoing, sassy (as in mouthy), caring) and Jason (Protective, Smart, funny, nice, trustworthy, caring, rebellious)
Setting: Serena's village (for first part) then in the forest and and in other villages around her village.
Time: not sure

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow I thought this group had died. Who did the inviting?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

This was THE first group I EVER MADE.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

U were in this group? When? I made this like FOREVER AGO. Like back when I first joined GR!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I mean this group has been dead for like a YEAR and all of the sudden im getting comments! I acutually was thinking about making a mod just so I could leave it was getting so dead. Might still...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Srill might make someone head mod while I duck out. I feel I write better without a group about.

message 13: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (firedragon1) | 108 comments mosh!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Geneva wrote: "mosh!"

??

message 15: by 『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (last edited Sep 21, 2012 05:02PM) (new)

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 16 comments Idea: Charmed-based, a group of siblings become the Wicked Ones, similar to the Charmed Ones
Characters: The main characters of Charmed: Prue, Piper, Phoebe, Paige, Cole, Patty, Leo, Henry, Chris, Wyatt, Melinda, other charmed children, Darrel, ect; Alexander; Phoena, Peter and Paisly Sulligon; "Lucia"/"Scarlet"; Vienna; Lucifer; Michael; Gabriel; The Source; POSSIBLY the Winchesters from Supernatural; Eve; Steve; Adam; Lilith; MANY MORE
Place: San Francisco, MOSTLY
Time: A few years forward

message 16: by Berwald ~I Have Moved Accounts~ (last edited Nov 09, 2012 07:20PM) (new)

Berwald ~I Have Moved Accounts~ | 28 comments Idea: A teen dragon hybrid boy escapes from a labratory that makes humans into hybrids. He accidently bumps into a human girl, who doesn't know of his half side. More to come.
Characters: Chase Drako, hybrid of human and dragon; Sabrina Kringler, human girl who meets Chase; Dr. Dragonious, male scientist of the uncommon (Dragon, demon, etc.) hybrids; Dr. Wolfbreath, male scientist of dog related hybrids; Dr. Katerina, female scientist of cat related hybrid. More Scientists probably to be made. Dr. Kringler, new female recruit to the project, Sabrina's mother. Mark, Sabrina's guy friend.
Place: The Black Woods; Blackburn, Iowa (Not a real town.); "The Lab", aka, The HHP, The Human to Hybrid Project; Black Mountian and it's caves.
Time: 2024. On Zodiac, the year of the dragon.

message 17: by Leah (last edited Oct 13, 2012 07:47PM) (new)

Leah | 22 comments Idea: A girl raised in a Loyalist home joins the Continental Army (US Revolutionary War) disguised as a boy with her brother.

Characters: Eva, Andrew (brother/sister), Jacob (friend...might change this name due to Twilight hype), Margaret (also known as Maggie...younger sister), mother, other minor characters

Place: Pennsylvania

Time: 1776

message 18: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (firedragon1) | 108 comments A historical fiction! Cool! Good luck with that!

message 19: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Thanks! :)

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) idea: A king and queen have a baby girl. They send her to her grandma's place. She lives a normal life. She is the nerd of the class and she gets teased. Then one day in her senior year everyone in school is talking about it and a "prince" or a "servant" comes and tells her that she needs to leave and go to a kingdom and rule there. This kingdom sends a message to every other country that there is a new ruler.
Characters: There is the princess(nerd), popular kids, teachers, king and queen. These I have no names.
Place: America, and someplace I have not thought of yet.
Time: Present, past and future

message 21: by ❀ Sariah ❀ (new)

❀ Sariah ❀ (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 143 comments VQ(the rencarnation of a thousand year old cat) wrote: "idea: A king and queen have a baby girl. They send her to her grandma's place. She lives a normal life. She is the nerd of the class and she gets teased. Then one day in her senior year everyone in..."

Cool!