Matched (Matched, #1) Matched question

The trilogy colors... did anybody notice?
Emily Emily Mar 02, 2012 03:13PM
Ok so the three book covers are green, blue, and red. The three pill colors are green, blue, and red. Do you think this has anything to do with what the books are about? Do you think the covers foreshadow? Your opinions please.

Wow! now that you point it out i guess thats what it could be. I never really noticed... but being me i never notice anything xD

i noticed when the second one came out i was so excited

Yeah...I've never noticed that before, but once I'd read it it made sense... :D

I noticed it, but I didn't think it was that important until now.

Yeah I did notice that! Crossed is Blue because she's discovering that the blue tablets are poisoned and the Society is harsh!

I never noticed but I'm sure thats why.

Rachel (last edited Jun 23, 2012 04:16PM ) Jun 13, 2012 04:10PM   0 votes
I feel so stupid!! So wait what does the blue one and the green one do? Doesn't the green one like help you and the blue one wipes your memory? I know that red on kills you right!? OH I don't remember! Well anyway the colors were clever, but what is she going to do it she adds a fourth book or does a 1/2 book or a prequel!?

When I read the first book I connected the color of her dress to the cover cause they were both green. In the second book does anyone remember what color their jumpsuits were!? Where they blue!?

Tobia Cochran The green calms you. The blue sustains you. The red wipes your memories.
Mar 26, 2017 11:18AM · flag

Yes I believe they do have relevance to the content because in the book Matched they talk about Grandfather and how she can be stronger without the green pill. Also, she's in her Matched dress still confined to the Society and it's limits (thus her being inside of the pill). *spoiler alert* in the second book it's her in the outer provinces plain clothes breaking out of the pill (breaking away from the Society) and the title is Crossed (like she crossed the line into an Aberration) and it's her in the desert searching for Ky with the "helpful" blue pills...so...ya.:) BTW the second book is a lot better than the first

I didn't really notice, until I saw the cover for 'Reached'.
And then I was like; hey! they're the same colours as the tablets! lol

J Mar 05, 2012 06:41PM   0 votes
Emily wrote: "Ok so the three book covers are green, blue, and red. The three pill colors are green, blue, and red. Do you think this has anything to do with what the books are about? Do you think the covers for..."

Never thought about it-----good perception.

Yes! I was so excited when I first realized :)

she gives the guy the blue pill in the second one, don't they also take the red pill in crossed?
I think you're right about the foreshadow

Well i dont know about the whole pill colors thing. It could just be a coincidence but it is, of course, something to consider. What I really like about the covers is the way they tell Cassia 's story. First she is trapped in the glass ball which is the society. She is protected but enclosed. In crossed she finally began to break free of her controlling world. She had freedom, but was no longer protected by the glass. Now, on the cover of Reached, she has broken free of the glass and has finally begun to stand alone and seperate from it.

hey i never noticed that....

I noticed right away because I got all of the books at once, and don't they discover something about that specific pill color that matches the cover color in each book?

WOW how did I miss that?!?! I just thought the first one was green because of her banquet dress.

E Apr 06, 2017 05:42PM   0 votes
Never noticed that before. Great idea! It might actually have something to do with the books. Red for rebellion? Also, I like how Cassia starts out in this bubble, all nice and neat and nothing seeming wrong. Then as the rebellion grows in everyone, Cassia slowly comes out of the bubble to show everyone who she really is.

deleted member Jun 16, 2012 03:33PM   0 votes
I was on her website, and she said she did that on purpose. Just to sibolize the pills though, not for anything else.

i only noticed that the color of her dress was green, just like what she wore at her matching ceremony

I really hadn't paid attention to that.

I never noticed that but now that it was pointed out it makes sense.

Ok I feel like an idiot now. I thought the green Matched cover was because her dress for the matching ceremony was green.

I did notice that I was in the library when I realized it...... and I do think it's important somehow..!

Someone really put a lot of thought into those covers then I guess:

The first one she's trapped in the bubble representing the society, wearing a green dress like the one from her matching ceremony and like the green pill she refuses to take.
The second one she's finally breaking free of the society and she's wearing blue clothes like the everyday clothes she has to wear and like the blue pill which causes her problems
The third one she's out of the society at last and she's wearing the red dress that Ky pictred her in and I'm guessing she'll finally take the red pill in the last book.

well, each book is about a certain pill. the first one was all about the green pill and the cover was green, crossed was about the blue pill and the cover was once again blue. the third book is red and i have no doubt that the red pill will play a part in reached.

I thought that also when I finished reading it! My friend then read it but I don't think she noticed it. Did you realize that the glass bulb/sphere she was in broke as she left the society?

yeah it could have something to do with it which book was ur favorite

Green red and blue are also the three primary colors of light. Could this mean anything? Cassia, Xander, and Ky all united in the quest to acquire the right they deserve: To choose their destiny.

deleted member Mar 05, 2012 06:27AM   -1 votes
Yeah, I did. Once I saw the green cover on Matched, I thought "Hey, I bet the next is going to be blue..." Once Crossed's cover was blue, I knew that I'd been right. I don't know if they really foreshadow what's going to happen... But Red for rebellion?

Rachel (last edited Mar 05, 2012 03:01PM ) Mar 05, 2012 02:17PM   -1 votes
Whoa!!! I never noticed that. Well I figured Matched was green because of her dress. The 3rd book is called Reached and the book's color theme is red.

I never boticed that until my friend pointed it out. But i dont think it has anything to do. i could be wrong though.

Alexandra (last edited Mar 02, 2012 03:27PM ) Mar 02, 2012 03:22PM   -2 votes
I noticed something too, on the Matched cover bubble you can notice that there are two tiny circles. One is blue, the other one smaller and red. On the Crossed cover there is only the tiny red one. See what I mean? They are by her head.

Kyla I agree with you too. Something along those lines.

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood I never noticed that there were the little circles before. Because I just checked the copies I have and there on there. But I always connected the col ...more
Jun 05, 2016 02:18PM · flag