Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Kari's 100 Book Goal

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kari (last edited Mar 21, 2012 07:18AM) (new)

Kari

Ok, going to try and read 100 books this year. Hoping that I can keep it up, even after my son is born next month. I am already on my way!

message 2: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 368 comments I think u can do it! Best of Luck!

message 5: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 549 comments Really loved The Gathering and Legend. How can you be bothered to review all of the books you read?

message 6: by Kari (new)

Kari Maddison wrote: "Really loved The Gathering and Legend. How can you be bothered to review all of the books you read?"

I like to review so I remember why I gave certain books the ratings I did, just incase I pick them up again. It also helps me remember and absorb what happened in the book.

message 7: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 549 comments Yeah awesome idea. :D

message 8: by Kari (new)

Kari Well... one book I started that I won't be adding to the list is Greywalker (Greywalker, #1) by Kat Richardson . I just couldn't get into it. It was confusing and boring because of the confusion. If it had just been a book about her PI work, I probably would have enjoyed it.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) that's a good idea to put your review next to the ones you finish!

message 10: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 549 comments I did that for a few books, then stopped because I couldn't be bothered.

message 11: by Kari (new)

Kari Melissa wrote: "that's a good idea to put your review next to the ones you finish!"

I'd like to remember why I rated it why I did incase I want to read again. I even did a review for Greywalker, even though I didn't finish it so that I know if I see it again not to get it.

message 12: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 549 comments Haha nice idea.

message 14: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 549 comments I really want to read that. It's sitting on my shelf at the moment. Haha. I have library books I need to read.

message 15: by Kari (new)

Kari Maddison wrote: "I really want to read that. It's sitting on my shelf at the moment. Haha. I have library books I need to read."

I know what you mean. I have 14 books out from the library right now, and another just came in today for me. :)

message 16: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 549 comments Haha. At the moment I have 17 out.

message 17: by Rebecka (new)

Rebecka wow, and I felt funny having 10 books out. The librarian acted like I was crazy

message 18: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 549 comments Haha really? Woweee

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) I read the first Iron Fey book and didn't really like it, but at the same time I kind of want to keep reading the series. Does it get better?

message 21: by Kari (new)

Kari Melissa wrote: "I read the first Iron Fey book and didn't really like it, but at the same time I kind of want to keep reading the series. Does it get better?"

Um, it does get a little better. I am only reading the rest to see what happens really. I don't care for the series really, but at least want to know what happens. I do think I liked book 2 better than 1.

message 25: by Kari (new)

Kari Ok. Wow. I didn't realize it had been so long since I updated this. I'm not going to bother with putting the review links on here for these updates, but here we go...

84) The New Haven Project Anomaly by Jessica Marie Gilliland

85) The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow Surreptitious Superhero by Lorin K. Barber

86) Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Bardugo **A.MAZ.ING**

87) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

88) Voluspa A Magical World by Sam D.

89) Red Leaves and the Living Token by Benjamin David Burrell

90) Two and Twenty Dark Tales Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes by Nina Berry

91) Prowl (Prowl Trilogy #1) by Amber Garza

92) Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2) by Lia Habel

93) King's Warrior by Jenelle Leanne Schmidt

94) Apprentice (The Darkwater Adventurers Guild, Vol. 1) by K.L. Coones

95) Deadgirl by B.C. Johnson

96) Hereafter (Hereafter, #1) by Tara Hudson

97) Blurry by Sherri Fulmer Moorer

98) Crushed by K.C. Blake

99) City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 26: by Kari (new)

Kari AND.... Book Number 100......

The Demon Catchers of Milan by Kat Beyer

************FIREWORKS***********YAHOO**************

message 27: by Kari (new)

Kari Ok, so now that I have reached my goal of 100, I should probably extend it. I was originally thinking 150, but that is just crazy talk. I should set a more reachable goal, especially as the last two months have busy holidays in them.

So... my newly revised goal is 125! Let's see how long it takes to reach it!

message 28: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12218 comments Mod

Photobucket

Congratulations!

message 29: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 12218 comments Mod
I'm going to be closing 2012 goal threads unless I hear otherwise. Let me know if you want this one to stay open please! You can open a new one for your 2013 goals if you'd like :)