Historic Philadelphia Dining Society discussion

Eating with Micah kicks ass!!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Micah Issitt (micahissitt) | 9 comments Mod
Have you ever noticed that eating with Micah is great? Micah likes to fill dinner conversation with fun games, instances of spontaneous humor and his always present and somewhat socially oppressive belief in god.

Will Micah pass the condiments? Only if told to do so by his creator. Will Micah allow me to talk about something other than his belief in God? Absolutely not! Micah believes in god a lot. A really lot.

Micah has been known to stop random people on the street, engage in a seemingly pleasant conversation about the weather, and then unexpectedly shift the conversation to berating the now utterly confused bystander about his or her failure to recognize the depth of Micah's adherence to the principles set forth by his God.

Have I heard about Micah's god before? No. Micah's god is a privately-created entity that is part Chicken and part Prion. It lives only to spread its abundant love along with a healthy dose of brain disease, known as the "spirit."

message 2: by Stephen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:56PM) (new)

Stephen | 15 comments I have myself tried this so-called "eating with Micah" before, and there have been ups and downs along the way, but I don't want to digress, my principle reason for posting is as a Theological expert interested in clearing up some misconceptions about Micah's God.

Does he talk about it all the time? Yes.

Does he stop random people on the street? Yes. And if it's not to discuss his god, it's to berate them about there choice of shoes in relation to the position of the sun.

What happens when you cross a chicken with a prion? This is where I'm able to really lay down my knowledge, you get a Meerkat. Don't be fooled by the Meerkat's lovable face and insect eating ways, each and everyone of them is a God in a huge pantheon waiting to give you brain disease.

message 3: by Micah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Micah Issitt (micahissitt) | 9 comments Mod
Interesting point Stephen.

I myself have eaten "dinner" "with" Micah on several occasions and he does tend to go on and on about Meerkats. The most disturbing thing about Micah's obsession with Meerkats is his annoying tendency to "scent mark" objects around him. I have tried explaining to Micah that, unlike the meerkats that serve as his beloved deity, he does not possess anal scent glands. Unfortunately, this revelation does not stop Micah from rubbing his ass on things during what would otherwise be a nice "dinner."

Please Micah, for the good of the group, stop the scent marking!

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee | 12 comments It has been some time since I have eaten with Micah but if memory serves, he spends a lot of time talking to himself. As one can tell from the goodreads posts, Micah seems to have endless conversations with himself, most being quite interesting. However, a disturbing development is that now Micah has begun text messaging himself during dinner. He denied it, claiming to be texting Abby, but we all know the truth. I have to say that the scent marking was a much better situation. For goodness sake Micah, put down the treo and begin to mark your territory again!

message 5: by Erin (last edited Feb 22, 2008 01:46PM) (new)

Erin (Erin_C) | 2 comments I have had the pleasure of dining with Micah on multiple occasions. For instance, one glorious evening of happy hour delights--in conjunction with a basket of 25 wings, heaps of mayonnaise, fries and quesadilla’s-- inspired a conversation about philosophy that morphed into an analysis of deviant sexual activity. We all concluded that boob jobs are totally not worth the money. I mean really.