Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Ripping Yarns
This topic is about Ripping Yarns
Book Issues > "other editions" giving weird info

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alessandra (last edited Mar 02, 2012 12:39PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alessandra | 108 comments Did I mess this up? Today I uploaded a cover image to this book (the right ISBN for it, anyway). There was another edition, and at first I thought it was a tape because the description said so. It was weird. It clearly didn't refer to this book (it referred to three performances, whereas the book has six scripts, and only two of them have the same titles as in the description). I fixed the description for this book, but it seemed to also take for the "other edition." That, however, is not my problem.

The weird thing is, when I'm on this editions's page, the "Other edition" is a coverless book with the ISBN 0413462501 (ISBN13: 9780413462503).

If I change to that edition, its "Other edition" should be this one. But it does not appear to be so.

When I look at it its ISBN appears to be correct.

However, it is shown coverless and is described as a hardcover, rather than showing this cover and saying it's a paperback.

Did I mess something up trying to correct its description?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Mar 02, 2012 12:40PM) (new)

rivka | 42436 comments Mod
The other editions section is cached, and won't show changes for 24-48 hours.

Alessandra | 108 comments Ohhh. Thanks!