Addicted to YA discussion

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (The Twilight Saga, #3.5)
Series > The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 04, 2012 01:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5276 comments Mod
Thoughts? Was it better than the other Twilight books? Worse?

Angel | 8 comments I loved this side story! Bree is a wonderful character and to see things from the other side is awesome. I hope Stephanie brings out more books like this from other characters point of view.

message 3: by Annabel ♥ (new) - added it

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments havne't read it. I hope to though

message 4: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm not a huge fan of the Twilight books but I LOVED this one. I loved Bree and Diego. It was a nice change from the Bella drama

message 5: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments I hadn't heard about this one! I'll have to check it out now. I felt so sorry for her. :)

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 05, 2012 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anyone who read the Twilight books should read it even if you didn't really like them because I didn't really like them much and I still really enjoyed this book.

message 7: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments Erika: Did you read the portion of Midnight Sun up on Meyer's website? If not, you should check it out. I really liked the Twilight series but it was really interesting to see things from Edward's perspective. I think you'd like it.

message 8: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Caron wrote: "Erika: Did you read the portion of Midnight Sun up on Meyer's website? If not, you should check it out. I really liked the Twilight series but it was really interesting to see things from Edward's ..."

I started to read it but never actually finished it. Is it really good because I kind of found Edward a bit creepy...

message 9: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments Well, I did like it. I always felt he was more "protective" than controlling, which is how most describe him. And Midnight Sun seemed to solidify that aspect for me. And to, maybe it's just the thought of having someone love you to such an extent that I found appealing about all the books in the series. Plus since I knew it all from her point of view, it was just interesting redoing the conversations from his aspect. Maybe not for everyone I guess. So if you didn't finish it, it probably just didn't appeal to you enough.

message 10: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Caron wrote: "Well, I did like it. I always felt he was more "protective" than controlling, which is how most describe him. And Midnight Sun seemed to solidify that aspect for me. And to, maybe it's just the tho..."

I guess maybe I'll try it again sometime

message 11: by Sunny (new)

Sunny | 3 comments Erika wrote: "Caron wrote: "Well, I did like it. I always felt he was more "protective" than controlling, which is how most describe him. And Midnight Sun seemed to solidify that aspect for me. And to, maybe it'..."

If you liked Twilight, you'll love Midnight Sun... and wish it was finished.

Sierra~Kelley I really thought that this book was unnecessary.I didn't see the point.It was kind of sad so not a lot of people I knew felt compelled to read it..

message 13: by Tori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori (BrightasNight) | 3 comments Honestly, it was way batter than any of the other Twilight books. Well maybe it tied with Breaking Dawn, but still. Is it pathetic that the series didn't even get good until the 3.5th book in it? I don't know about you, but that's just my opinion.

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 196 comments I liked it.It was my least favorite twilight book.I hope that Stephenie writes a short story about Freaky Fred.

message 15: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma i didn't like it that much, plus, bree died!

message 16: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela I prefered Bree and Diego to Bella+Edward to be honest.

Caron wrote: "Well, I did like it. I always felt he was more "protective" than controlling, which is how most describe him. And Midnight Sun seemed to solidify that aspect for me. And to, maybe it's just the tho..."

I get wha you're saying about Edward being more protective than controlling, but I always felt that if he was going to be in love with Bella she was going to be clumsy and unlucky so he just has to deal with it and stop growling. Besides, there's only so many times you can throw someone over your shoulder and tell them it's for their own good, mistakes allow people to develope, if he never lets her make them she'll stay silly forever...

✽Laurenj426✽ (purplepandy) | 324 comments Yeah, this book wasn't better than Twilight. Although Twilight really annoyed me at sometimes, this wouldn't top it. I don't know if they really could because this book was so short as oppose to Twilight and the others. I did like Bree though, and I was like "Why couldn't you just let Bree live?" Because then you're thinking, "This is a such a short book I'm not sure I understand the meaning...and the main character dies!" I'm glad I read the book though because it gives more insight to the Twilight books and made me feel more for Bree in the other books and movies.

Gargi (gargipatil) | 216 comments I really liked the short second life of Bree Tanner. It was nice reading the story from a newborn vampire's point of view i.e. Bree.

message 19: by Liam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liam | 7 comments I actually enjoyed it a lot, I'm trying to figure out if she wrote it intending both books to be cohesive to each other, or just the novella cohesive to Eclispe, I don't really recall Edward informing them of her thoughts at the end of Eclipse, maybe I am just wrong. I loved Fred's talent, really added to the story.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I feel sad for Bree. :( she should have lived. damn Volturi.

message 21: by An (new)

An I haven't read this. IS it worth rading?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I really disliked this book! It took me about 2 months to finish it because I disliked it so much.

message 23: by Angi (new)

Angi (AngiR) I would love to read this one but cant find it...does anyone know if its lendable?

Kirstin Dice (read-always) | 95 comments I liked this book getting another point of view was really neat I really never thought about the new Norma until I read it have me a whole new out look for them

Jojobean This was a good side story. You get to learn about Bree Tanner and the other newborns. I liked Bree and it was a shame that she had to die. She would of been a good vampire if she stayed with the Cullens

Lilly (arlyn85) | 19 comments I just really like Fred! Now he would've been a great character on his own!

Justa Actually, I really enjoyed reading this book. There was action, sort of love and other things I like. I can't remember how many stars I gave, but I liked it. :)

message 28: by Faery (new)

Faery (1234ideclareathumbwar) | 465 comments Haven't read this. I didn't even know it existed until now.

message 29: by Lina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lina | 81 comments It was a short sweet book about Bree Tanner's second chance to life. I liked the characters, the plot. Bree as a main heroine was likeable and interesting to learn from, i liked Diego also he was a sweet guy, i really felt bad what happened to them in the end of the book.

Sarah Verhoef (saraah123) | 8 comments I totally loved it. Just as the other Twilight books!