Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1)
This topic is about Twilight
Series > Twilight

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I read it a couple weeks ago, for the 2nd time because I read it once when I was 10 and I thought it was really stupid, so I put it down. When I read it again, it was better. Definitely not the best book I've ever read, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Angel | 8 comments I never thought I'd read it until my niece was reading them. I hadn't seen the movies either. I loved it! The romance is what gets me.

Rachael (r4ch4elreads) This series is one of my guilty pleasures. I read this a year or so ago and I got so caught up in the story that I read the rest of the series one book after the other until I had finished the whole lot. I don't think they are particularly well written, sometimes the characters leave a little to be desired, but if you can ignore the flaws then it's a story that will really suck you in and not let go ;)

message 5: by Anna (last edited Mar 15, 2012 06:30AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna | 300 comments Good fun: A book doesn't have to be a masterpiece to be a fun read or a bit addictive - especially if you are just wanting to relax. It's a bit two dimensional but the story sucks you in. What was Stephanie Mayer thinking with the name 'Renesmee'???

message 6: by Ela (new) - added it

Ela I agree not amazingly wrritten fairly predictable and simple but it was fun.
I'm with you on the name 'Renesmee', she just stuck two names on top of each other, and why did Bella freaked out when people started shorterning it to 'Nessie' it's so much cuter!

Sherri Arnold | 14 comments I loved the series. I know a lot of people dislike them, but I was caught up in the story right away. Definitely escapism. Doesn't have to be brilliantly written to be enjoyed and enjoyed them I did.

message 8: by Lance (new)

Lance (Gunsmoke) | 2 comments Sherri wrote: "I loved the series. I know a lot of people dislike them, but I was caught up in the story right away. Definitely escapism. Doesn't have to be brilliantly written to be enjoyed and enjoyed them I did."

I haven't read them but while a lot may dislike them, a WHOLE LOT love them! My sister really enjoyed them.

message 9: by Noor (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments I stayed away from Twilight because so many people LOVE them and so many HATE them so I don't know who to listen to!! Are these books good???

message 10: by Noor (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Also I haven't seen the movies!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments ^Noor-- I only read the first book and I'm planning to start the second one after I finish the huge mound of books lined up on my desk, but I would say go for it. There's never any harm in reading a book, even if it's awful. I personally liked the book, but I'd say it's worth a try. So def go for it!

Sadeem (saddy_blue) | 23 comments I read the first two books and started a fad in my family, both of my older sisters have now read the entire series and seen the movies. The romance is definitely grabbing, and they are an enjoyable read.

Monica | 54 comments I honestly enjoyed reading them when I first read them, which was in grade 7. I am now 16 so I've grown up quite a bit and they just don't hold the same appeal; I've begun to see the many flaws and with the movies being in the abysmal state that they are Twilight has lost all of its magic for me. They feel to young and the love story itself is too sappy and has no element of realism to it that makes it an interesting read.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments I read them when I was 13. Now 3 years later it doesn't have the same fascination for me but...its enjoyable. Good book for when you need a break from heavy reading.

message 15: by Noor (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Anne wrote: "^Noor-- I only read the first book and I'm planning to start the second one after I finish the huge mound of books lined up on my desk, but I would say go for it. There's never any harm in reading..."

you have a point! no harm in reading a book! i will read it! :D

Caron Rider | 46 comments Noor wrote: "Anne wrote: "^Noor-- I only read the first book and I'm planning to start the second one after I finish the huge mound of books lined up on my desk, but I would say go for it. There's never any ha..."

I agree with Anne. You should at least try to read them. I thought that the books got better as you went through the series with the last one being the best. If you end up not liking it, don't finish. :)

message 17: by Noor (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Caron wrote: "I agree with Anne. You should at least try to read them. I thought that the books got better as you went through the series with the last one being the best. If you end up not liking it, don't finish. :) "

Yeah I'll read them. Noooo! I cant ever NOT finish a book or series! I have to finish every book or series or else I'll always want to know what would happen.

Caron Rider | 46 comments Noor wrote: "Caron wrote: "I agree with Anne. You should at least try to read them. I thought that the books got better as you went through the series with the last one being the best. If you end up not liking ..."

LOL! Not me. If I can't get through it, I don't care. But if I like it, I have to go out and get the next one right away! :)

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Nah I agree with Noor.... I need to finish a series once I start it...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

There is this hilarious guy on Youtube who reads the first twilight book, and expresses his feelings about it as he goes through the chapters. Its probably no surprise when I say he doesn't like it very much, but I think even if you like the book, hate it, or haven't read it, you're gonna laugh your ass off. (Search for "alex reads twilight")
description
Now, me personally, I though the story in the series was okey (except Breaking Dawn, that was some crazy shiz), but it was Meyers writing that made me want to throw the book out the window. Ugh, absolutely awful.

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 196 comments The story sucked me in and I can't stop reading them.I have reread them a few times already.They are my guilty pleasure.Everyone has one.

message 22: by Rebekkah (new)

Rebekkah Ford | 50 comments I thought it was fun to read, although sparkling vampires is soooooo cheesy.

message 23: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Is it just me or does almost every single YA book seem to be compared to Twilight?

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments It is NOT just you, I completely agree with you!

The book was ok but not my favorite. I don't like vampires and the writing was god-awful. I could have written it better, and I'm twelve! Also Bella was a complete airhead. And she didn't care about anything besides "her Edward" which I found soooo stupid. Jacob is SO much better, Bella, why can't you realize that?!

message 25: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Glad I'm not the only one who notices this!

I don't understand why everything has to be compared to it. It's getting kind of annoying because I'll pick up a random book and it will say something about how it's the next Twilight when it really isn't anything like Twilight.

Jacob is way better but I don't think Bella deserves him.

I just watched some of Alex Reads Twilight and like Idunsses said it is so funny and so true!

message 26: by Mel (last edited Aug 27, 2012 09:02AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Mel I LOVE TWILIGHT!!! :D It's my favorite series in the entire world. I'm team Edward all the way. :) The movies are fantastic too. Robert Pattinson is amazing. <3 I can't wait for Breaking Dawn part two!!! :D :) :() I KNOW it's gonna be fantabulous. ;)

When I was reading this series, nothing else existed. I would be tapping my foot the whole day in school, praying that the evil bell would JUST RING ALREADY!!! and talking nonstop about nothing but Twilight to my very annoyed friend, who put up with me. When I got home, I would scribble through my homework, and zip up to my room, where I would disappear into the world of vampires and werewolves and love triangles and EVERYTHING for the rest of the day.

Yeah, I'm obsessed. ;)

message 27: by Mel (new) - rated it 1 star

Mel For the record, I love the idea of sparkling vampires, because Stephenie Meyer can make anything sound amazing and beautiful, and she totally pulled it off in Twilight.

Yes, I would probably laugh at the Alex Reads Twilight thing. I love almost anything having to do with Twilight. I really want to see Vampires Suck. The trailer was hilarious! XD Please, please look up Firelight from Saturday Night Live. Hysterical parody of the Twilight trailer. ;)

message 28: by Mel (new) - rated it 1 star

Mel http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7...

Group for Twilight fanatics! :D

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 188 comments I love the Twlight series These books outshine the movies by miles I read them before I saw the movies. I tried hard not to be disappointed in Twilight the movie but Catherine Hardwicke ruined it for me big time. But anyways back to the book.
I love the new stuff Stephanie Meyer comes up with in this. "Vegeterian" sparkly vampires that are hard as marble and don't combust in the sun. The fact that garlic and wooden stakes don't even come into play is awesome.... replaced by beheading and burning. It's a little on the "gushy" side, as my hubby put it. lol But all in all I love Twilight Stephanie Meyer took my brain into Forks and I loved every second!

message 30: by Mel (new) - rated it 1 star

Mel Yeah, it's the best. :)

Pamela (pamelaalvarado) It's a good read, but i just can't stand Bella!

I'm working on a story Bella-free, since Edward is still salvageable you can check it out here You Again!

Helen Noor wrote: "I stayed away from Twilight because so many people LOVE them and so many HATE them so I don't know who to listen to!! Are these books good???"

I fell in love with the series a couple of years ago. I re-read them over and over but now I am not sure if I would go back. I would definitely recommend, probably more now the hype has died down.

Georgia Sheldon (castieliloveyou) | 199 comments PLEASE read the books before you watch the films if you are planning to watch them because otherwise you won't fully appreciate them! The films miss out a lot of content from the books so please take my advise.

Pamela (pamelaalvarado) IF YOU love jacob but think Bella doesn't deserve him...
You and me

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

People seem to hate these books, but I really enjoyed it! Haven't seen the movies though, and I don't think I want to either.

Karina I read it when I was younger and really enjoyed the series but I don't know how I would feel about them now that I am 20. I am thinking of re-reading them soon to find out.

message 37: by An (new)

An Igot it for Christmas one year. I think I enjoyed it enough while reading, but.. afterwords when I thought about it... I was like eh....

Andrea Diaz (literarygetaway) | 3 comments Guuyysss! They have a Twilight Cook Book!

https://www.libboo.com/read/love-at-f...

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the book, and author, get a bad rep. No it's not the 'best' book you'll ever read. Btw, who can really define what the best book you'll ever read even is - only you can decide that. And it definitely won't be the worst. Believe me. I've been reading for a long time and this one doesn't even come close to some of the bad books I've read in my life. And if it gets somebody reading - well that can only be a good thing in my mind.
I liked it. Didn't love it. Didn't hate it. Thought it was cute. I think a lot of the hate comes from the movie itself. I have to admit I am not a fan of the movies. But I think the books are actually much better.
Also it's become sort of a joke in itself to complain about 'sparkly vampires', most of the people who do it probably never even picked up the book itself.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

This book was where I fell in love with Edward!!

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 787 comments Oh me too. I don't know why but first book of the series are always interesting to me. Anyways this book is a perfect start to this series. Edward is just awesome in every possible ways.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Simmaron wrote: "Oh me too. I don't know why but first book of the series are always interesting to me. Anyways this book is a perfect start to this series. Edward is just awesome in every possible ways."

I agree completely

Alannah Hurley My fave in the twilight series. I would re-read this one a couple of time but with the other only 2 to 3 times

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Alannah wrote: "My fave in the twilight series. I would re-read this one a couple of time but with the other only 2 to 3 times"

That's how I feel about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I could read them a thousand times and never get bored. Every time I read them I learn something new or find something funny that I didn't the first time.

Emily (Emily416) | 5 comments At first i hated Twilight-am ashamed of it now- because my sister read them and kept going on about how awesome they were. At the school library i picked it up and read it on a dare and have loved it ever since. I have read the rest of the books and seen all the movies. i agree with some that these books may have flaws but they are awesome and thank my friend diana that she dared me to read them in the first place. :)

p.s. i have also read. The Host and love that book too!

message 46: by Sera (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sera (seracatty) I used to really really like them when I read them first (and re-read multiple times). I however moved on after while and re-read them a while ago after 5 years or so and I really disliked it. It was still entertaining, but somehow for me the story went from romance to a little creepy and obsessive. So they're not really for me anymore I guess. But I loved them at first, so I understand why anyone else would.

Not a fan of the movies, most of the acting is absolutely horrendous. It's like they didn't even try to find good actors.

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments Don't even get me started on the movies!!! The acting, oh my god the acting! Can Kristen Stewart show emotion? Uh no, so she fits perfectly in the part of Bella. Then the screenplay with all those one liners gets soooo old after awhile and soon the one liners just lose their touch! Well I'm going off on a movie review lol! As for the books I'm really not a fan of Meyer's writing style and found myself falling asleep quite a lot. Never really liked Edward or Jacob, but if I had to choose a team it probably would be Jacob cuz Edwards just kinda creepy.

Sarah | 13 comments It was hard to believe that someone so beautiful could be real. I was afraid that he might disappear in a sudden puff of smoke, and I would wake up.

Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 5, p.87

I know many people dislike Twilight and the series but you have to at least give Stephiene Meyers credit for how creative she was. She always kept us on the edge of the seat, waiting to see what happens next. Like come on, probably none of us expected Edward to leave Bella in New Moon, and I know for sure I didn't expect Bella to get pregnant in Breaking Dawn.

All in all Twilight was a great book to read. It was always my go to book to read when things got to hard in life to handle. The books always took my mind of things. I think part of the reason is that Stephenies books are so detailed, down to every last bit, and when you read, she gives you so a vivid pictures, it makes you feel as if your actually right there, along with bella. And I think that's why the movies aren't as good as the books. Because there's so much detail missing. Little detail, sure, but it still makes the book ten times better.

message 49: by Skelton (new)

Skelton Rickerby (skeltonrickerby) | 3 comments Don't you think Twilight is just asexual?

Jojobean I loved this book and I'm not ashamed to admit it! I loved Edward and hated Jacob. I wanted Bella with Edward from the beginning. I liked Bella as a character in the book although her obsession with Edward got creepy at times. I enjoyed it

« previous 1 3