Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Random Chatter > squee of the day

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments I got to meet Kim Harrison on Leap Day. She did a meet and greet at a branch of my library system and not only did I get an early b-day present of the new book, I got that and my omnibus of the first 3 books signed! If you go to kimharrison.net and look up events, you can see pictures of the event and the last photo is of the boyfriend and I (or just look at the photo gallery on my profile and you can see it there too.)

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfpat) | 7 comments I understand your excitement. I will be meeting her for the first time on the 7th in Seattle and I can not wait! Wish I knew more Hollows series fans near me to enjoy this with. My mother thinks I'm crazy... ;)

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments Watch for the buddy cam. It is a camera that they (she and her husband) send around the group for G-rated pics. You can even film a video question if yours doesn't get answered. They will give you piece of paper to put your name or the name of the person you want your book personally signed to and she will personally sign 2 books,and just signs the rest. She is really cool and I think you will be very pleased.

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfpat) | 7 comments I have four things to sign and I know that she says that 3 is max and then we can get back in line to get more signed. I am planning on being out late. I will look out for the camera. It is Seattle so it will likely be crazy busy, so I hope I get a chance to snap a pic with it or do a video question. I have a few ;) even after her very active Drama Box...

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments I just finished the new one this morning (started it last night, pesky thing sleep) and eeeeee!!!!

message 6: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments I think I just turned green. I love Kim's books. I can't wait for the new one. Is it out yet?

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfpat) | 7 comments Renee wrote: "I think I just turned green. I love Kim's books. I can't wait for the new one. Is it out yet?"

"A Perfect Blood" came out 2/21/12. It is book 10 of the Hollows Series; book after Pale Demon. It is so awesome, so get to reading it. So worth it!!!

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments I got the "Insider" for my b-day yesterday. *grins* I have the BEST boyfriend ever, 'course he sells books for a living.....

message 9: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments Oh I need to get to the bookstore. I need (not want hahaha) A perfect blood

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfpat) | 7 comments Renee wrote: "Oh I need to get to the bookstore. I need (not want hahaha) A perfect blood"

I understand completely. Go get that book and Happy Reading!

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments By the way, Harrison mentioned that there is a television show in discussion for the "Hollows"......

message 12: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfpat) | 7 comments Kim wrote: "By the way, Harrison mentioned that there is a television show in discussion for the "Hollows"......"

Yes, CW is taking up the contract for winter 2012-2013. Very exciting. We should know more details after June.

message 13: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments I hope they don't screw it up or put it on opposite something else I already watch, or my mother watches for that matter. (God help you if you get between her and NCIS!)

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments Yeah I can see them making it all about Ivy wants Rachel. Its the type of thing TV love to exploit. I was so over that by the third book. I want mystery and lots of Jneks.

message 15: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments Big sized Jenks.

message 16: by Donna (last edited Mar 20, 2012 12:59PM) (new)

Donna (dfpat) | 7 comments I think that is the funniest part of the entire series thus far. I laughed so hard that I cried when Jenks sent BIG and try to fly to chase Madilina and forgot he did not have wings and fell on his face naked instead (and Hairless). God ... and when he was stumbling around the Kitchen cursing and then Kristen helped him get dressed and Jenks hurt Kristen by accident (Likely in a sensitive place)... I couldn't even see the pages at that point and had to dry my eyes. Man. I love that part of the series! So great to see Jenks that way!

message 17: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments Hahaha Yup big Jenks. I can see him being played by that man who is J-Lo boyfriend. Watching him dance last night on dancing with the stars created quite a heat wave.

message 18: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfpat) | 7 comments Yes I can see that. Take away the Tattoos and add blonde hair and we would be set. And of course make him 6 inches tall... for now anyways!

message 19: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments Harrison said that she would like to see Jenks big again too, but that it had to be logical to the story. Gotta love it when the author loves that about their own character.

message 20: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments Has anyone read her other series? I think its young adult. I just wonder if its as good.

message 21: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments I didn't care for it. I read YA a lot as well and it just didn't do much for me, which was a bit of a let down.

message 22: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments Oh thats disapointing.

message 23: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments You might like it. It may have been me. Kelly Armstrong has a good teen series and Tate Halloway does too.

message 24: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments I think I will give the Armstrong a try. I love her otherworld books. I really like the witches although I wish they wouldn;t do so much with savannah

message 25: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments Richelle Mead is another one who does good teen/adult works as well. For adults she has a succubus series and for teens "Vampire Academy" which I really liked.

message 26: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments I have heard her name mentioned. I think I will start with Vampire Academy. Unless of course the library doesnt have the first. If it doesnt I will start with the succubus

message 27: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments Georgina Kincaid is the name of the series and I think they (both series' are worth it.) She does have a third series that did not send me too far, with the world of the fey and it is more romance than action.

message 28: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments Grrrr We have car problems. That means no library for me. Getting to and from work has priority. I want books NOW !!!

message 29: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments I know how that goes! My sympathy. I live within walking distance of my library, so if I have to, I can get there by other means. Frankly, I think I could call my branch and they would come and get me. I am there every day and I bake cookies for the staff, so a lot of love there.

message 30: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments Hahaha I too am known by name at the library. I read rather then watching TV. When I have a car I am there at least every 3-4 days.

message 31: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments I got to meet Kevin Hearne last night at a lecture/signing at a local library. The bookstore my boyfriend works for supplied the books and not only did I get to have my book signed, I got to see two of my favorite teachers from high school as well, which just added to the coolness for me. As for Kevin, who writes the "Iron Druid" (and if you like Harry Dresden you will love Atticus") he is funny, engaging,and very smart. He is worth the time.