Addicted to YA discussion

Series > Matched

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
Share your thoughts

message 2: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments It was OK. It wasn't my favorite book though. Some of it got confusing. I liked how she learned to write, though, and it was an interesting idea for a dystonpian society.

message 3: by Nila (new)

Nila | 139 comments I just wasn't a fan of the bland, assembly line sort of life. You do the same things, every single day. You get ASSIGNED who you're supposed to marry.... it defiantly was not my favorite book, but I gotta admit, it was different than anything I've read in a long time. It was sort of refreshing to see something new.

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber Garza | 14 comments I loved this book. It was unique and kept my attention. Besides, I have to admit that I'm a sucker for the whole forbidden love theme.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Platter (jdplatter) Oh my goodness, I loved this book!! I could not put it down for the life of me. I am a sucker for love triangles and forbidden love. I had to read the 2nd one Cross the day it came out to find out what was going to happen. I can not wait for the 3rd book Reached to come out!!

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (alltheraeje) I picked up this book having never heard of it or read a review. It hooked me from the get go and I couldn't put it down. I love the originality of the story line and setting. I love the characters. One of my favorite things about this story is that Xander and Ky are both great guys. There is no obvious choice, no bad boy/nice guy dynamic. It is impossible to choose who's side you're on because they are both great. Definite 5 stars from me!

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily Blake (emilyblake) I couldn't even finish it. I must have been in a weird mood or something. But I will read Crossed!

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} (lisbethavery) Eh, not the best book I've read, nor the worst. The Love Triangle killed it for me I guess.
So sick of them (unless they happen to be well written).

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily Blake (emilyblake) I totally agree with you

ReadingToTheStarsAndBack | 11 comments Loved it the first time. Second...it was really cliche.

vw xD

message 11: by Katy (new)

Katy Didnt love it or hate it. I liked the plot, liked the characters, and liked the poetic writing....but the story just fell flat. Still plan on reading the sequel though. Want to know what happens!

message 12: by Sydney (new)

Sydney I didn`t really enjoy this story. It was quite slow and confusing at times, and it didn`t really keep my interest.

message 13: by Tori (last edited Apr 02, 2012 05:36PM) (new)

Tori (toridanielle) | 12 comments Okay, a lot of people keep saying that this book is okay but I LOVED IT! Like, I REALLY loved it. I could not put it down. I really do love Dystopian, and this book was just perfection :)

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I love reading about both dystopian societies and love triangles, so there really wasn't much chance I wouldn't like this one. I also really like Cassia as a narrator and getting to see her eyes opened to the more sinister nature of The Society.

message 15: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Meh. I didn't like it at all. Wasn't interesting, hated Cassie, no interest in Ky or Xander, and the writing just was an obstacle.

message 16: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1545 comments Mod
it was just 'eh' nothing special a bit boring but Cassia and Ky's relationship was cute and rebellious! that is until you learn that absolutely EVERYTHING was set up by their government! but in general all the characters were bland. I thought it interesting that no one could write and that poems, art etc. were limited to 100 and that everyone was well aware and ok with the fact that everyone gets murdered once they turn 80!

message 17: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (readinglush) It's definitely different from other things I have read. I really liked it, and I'm interested to see where the rest of the story goes.

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha I couldn't get into it at all.

message 19: by Winnie (new)

Winnie G (thebookassassin) | 36 comments The cover looked really promising...but I didn't like it much. Crossed was a bit better than this though.

message 20: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lovveeeee Xander <333

message 21: by Harmony (new)

Harmony | 13 comments Weird society. I liked ky (I think his name was). I must get the second book

message 22: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) I love the cover and the whole concept but I can't say that I really like Matched as a book, I'm not sure what but something was bugging me about this book maybe because the story was slower than what I usually read? But I have to say that if I lived in the world of Matched and knew nothing better I would probally live out a relitively happy 80yr life there. Over all I like the book but I don't love it. I agree with Katy.

message 23: by Devora (new)

Devora | 20 comments I loved this book alot:)

message 24: by Summeralism (new)

Summeralism I really enjoyed this book. I haven't read the second one yet. Have any of you?

I wish there was a little more steam to the romance though, NOT TOO MUCH though! I mean I know where the author's coming from but I know I wouldn't get those deep feelings just by seeing someone once a day, there would definately have to be more subtle flirting or soft caressing, etc. etc.

message 25: by Devora (new)

Devora | 20 comments I've read the second one its good can't wait to November for the third one:)

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (yerawizardamanda) I enjoyed the first book but to be honest had my downs with it. I got really confused at times and felt there wasn't enough action just a bit blah if you know what I mean. However I did enjoy the romance between Cassia and Ky. The way he taught her to write and really opened her eyes to outside the society was nice. I wish they could have had more scenes in the book yet I like how she made their relationship go at a normal speed. They had a immediate attraction and questionable love yes but they explored it and got closer before kissing and truly confessing that love. They felt real in a way and I liked that. The book was a good read I just think it had the potiental to be so much more.

I am about half way through the second book and am enjoying it so much more! I really like the touch from two p.o.v's. I hope Cassia ends up with whom I want her to :)

message 27: by Justine (new)

Justine (mixtapemontage) | 1 comments I enjoyed it enough to read the whole book but to me it felt like introductory dystopian. Would recommend for middle or high school students getting into the genre.

message 28: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 3 comments I liked it well enough, but nothing really happens. It's really just a lot of pretty writing.

message 29: by Lei (new)

Lei (lei_22) There was so much hype about this book from my friends and other people so I thought it would be an amazing book. It was a very well written book and the concept is very interesting but nothing really progresses. I haven't read the second book yet so my judgement is still reserved about the series. I'm expecting good things though!!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought I would like this book because it was dystopian. But I ended up not liking this book at all!

Paperback Princess (paperbackprincess) | 6 comments Since it's Decembers bookclub read, I just wanted to let y'all know that it's on special, the HB copy, at Amazon, part of Amazon's Black Friday Sales. Check it out ;)

message 32: by April (new)

April | 557 comments It was good. It wasn't one of my favorites though. I didn't feel like I needed to run out and buy Crossed when I was done ( tho the ending is a really big cliff hanger) I did like the storyline and the idea of the society because it was VERY creative, so I give Allie Condie the credit! She did an awesome job on the world and everything... But I kind of knew from about the middle of the book who she was going to end up with.. But the cover was beautiful and I had heard lots about it so I picked it up. It was a good book, just not one of my favorites. I probably will continue with the series eventually just because I feel like I deserve to know what happens.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 459 comments I'm currently half-way through and so far, I am really impressed, it is exactly what I like to read

message 34: by Naima (new)

Naima April wrote: "It was good. It wasn't one of my favorites though. I didn't feel like I needed to run out and buy Crossed when I was done ( tho the ending is a really big cliff hanger) I did like the storyline and..."

Exactly! That's how I felt too, but I thought I recognised quite a few things from other books... not my favourite book.

message 35: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (mindy_d) I thought it was kinda boring. There wasn't enough detail to really captivate me.

message 36: by Christina (new)

Christina  | 10 comments I really liked it. I like dystopian books. I honestly wouldn't mind the matching actually. The part that bothered me was the fact that they had no personal items and what little they did have, the government took. I haven't had a chance to get the other books but when I have time I'll defiantly read them!

message 37: by Jess (new)

Jess | 8 comments I didn't enjoy this book. Cassia annoyed me too much.

message 38: by Venise (new)

Venise Webb (vwebb) | 22 comments I wasn't too big on dystopian books. It's not I didn't like them, I just never gave them a chance. But then I read the Gone novels by Michael Grant and loved them, thought that I would give more dystopian books a chance. After saying that, I didn't like this book and could only finish half of it. Like many of you said, it just didn't catch my attention. It was boring and I found myself not liking the heroine at all.

message 39: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Venise wrote: "I wasn't too big on dystopian books. It's not I didn't like them, I just never gave them a chance. But then I read the Gone novels by Michael Grant and loved them, thought that I would give more dy..."

OK good I wasn`t the only one! I very highy disliked this story!

message 40: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccalynn45) i was thinking about reading this book butttt from the looks of it no one seems to like it....so what do u guys think should i give it a try??

message 41: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Rebecca wrote: "i was thinking about reading this book butttt from the looks of it no one seems to like it....so what do u guys think should i give it a try??"

There is for sure a lot of mixed feelings about this book. Personally, I didn't enjoy it...it really wasn't that good.

message 42: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Don't bother.

message 43: by Kay (new)

Kay (katerz1997) | 32 comments I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! This book is absolutly AMAZING!

message 44: by Alannah (new)

Alannah Hurley Terrible book. I am in the middle of it. It is so bad. I thought it would be good with the reviews and the cover but no it's was terrible. Like all xander wanted was a happy and quit like with cassia but no cassia want a different complicated life. It's just a bad remake of twilight if you ask me. Like cassia is looking for danger and complications even though she makes it sound like she doesn't want it but she does.

message 45: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanhafb) | 5 comments I really liked this book. I think it helped that I read all three back to back so it helped w the story line.

message 46: by A (new)

A (madokan) | 2 comments I love this book so much asdfghjkl

message 47: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 16 comments i love this book! it was my first dystopian novel of the year!

message 48: by Stormy (new)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I thought it was alright. Nothing too amazing but not too bad either. I enjoyed the writing style but didn't like any of the characters.
The society seemed very similar to the society in the giver. Actually to me it was a lot like the giver. But still, entertaining.

message 49: by Yasmani (new)

Yasmani | 82 comments Sorry to bother you guys but I been working on a story and I would love for you guys to check it out. I have 5 chapters out so far. Please comment and tell me what you think and also like if if you do.
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 50: by Stormy (new)

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I agree. They focused way too much time on Ky and Cassia's relationship. Plus it really isn't a very well done triangle. We all know who Cassia's going to pick by the end of the book.

« previous 1