Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

I'd Like A Recommendation > What is this book?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Brown (douglasbrown) | 6 comments A friend told me about a book he read and it sounded phenomenal. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title. It was a vampire book.

What I found cool about it was that the author used science to explain vampires. Things like evolution going in 2 directions millions of years ago. Vampires and humans. The vampires were dominant early on (obviously) but as humans began creating architecture, the created right angles affected something in the vampires' eyes to make them go into seizures. Then the humans could easily kill them while they seized. Apparently, that was part of the reason vampires started only coming out at night because the shadows dulled the right angles enough for it not to affect them. Also, that explains why crosses work against vamps. This was just one aspect of the story that I found intrigueing even if I didn't do it justice with my rather crude explanation.

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm talking about? Thanks.

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 135 comments Sorry Douglas, it's not ringing any bells for me.

message 3: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Brown (douglasbrown) | 6 comments Well, it was worth a try. Thank you.

message 4: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 135 comments Maybe someone else will recognize it. :(

message 5: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 1 comments I did a little research and I came up with one book that fits the description. It's called Blindsight by Peter Watts Blindsight. Hope this is what you're looking for.

message 6: by Rachel Y. (new)

Rachel Y. | 1 comments I believe Lynne is correct, The book is Blindsight by Peter Watts. I will say that it is not exactly a vampire novel though. It's mostly set in a spaceship/space and there is only one vampire in the whole book. It was an interesting read, a little confusing.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Blindsight (other topics)