Kidz Like 2 e-Read discussion

Sales of children's chapter books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 25 comments Mod
Has anyone seen an increase in sales of children's books? I thought with all the Christmas Kindles we might see children's e-books start to take off, but there has been no surge of sales for my Leon Chameleon books, despite some nice reviews.
I've just been reading about making sure your book is in the correct category and wondered if this was the problem :(

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven Stickler | 2 comments Categories on Amazon seem challenging from the author side because it is hard to know how kids/parents are actually searching (by topic, age group, etc.) AND the search threads that those customers might be using do not necessarily match the generic categories Amazon gives as options on the kdp dashboard. You can, however, email amazon directly and ask to be placed in a specific category (even if not a kdp option). Not sure if it makes a lot of difference, though.

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments Jan, my sales have dropped since Christmas. No increase in ebook sales either. Most of my sales come from befriending folks on Twitter and on Goodreads, and I've had some sales there since Christmas.

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 25 comments Mod
Thanks.
It seems that we will still have to wait a while to see children's e-books become popular (unless someone can crack the search code!)

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 31 comments Jan wrote: "Thanks.
It seems that we will still have to wait a while to see children's e-books become popular (unless someone can crack the search code!)"

Hehe, that would be great. We'll have to try. LOL.

message 6: by Debi (new)

Debi Faulkner | 43 comments Mod
I thought there'd be a big influx of kids with e-readers, too, even if they just got their parents' older versions when they upgraded.

So far, though, no big surge in sales. I'm willing to help look for that secret search code, though! (A quest! We need to join in on a quest!)

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 5 comments I've had a little success with KDP select, but nothing to get excited about. Still waiting for JK Rowling to launch Harry Potter on Kindle to make using a Kindle more popular!

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda David (lindzz) | 10 comments That's a good point - I wonder why the Harry Potter series isn't on Kindle. It would certainly help us out if it was!