Stephen King Fans discussion

Short Stories & Collections > Under The Weather - FDNS Bonus Story

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Discuss this story here. :)

message 2: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1099 comments Mod
As an original hardcover edition owner/fan, I should probably go on record now to say that if you have this story in your copy,

I hate you.

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) LOL

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I don't own any version of the book yet... I haven't read this one.

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica (bookpsycho) | 109 comments I also own the hardback edition, so I haven't read this. I take it it's in the paperback copy?

message 6: by Chris , The Hardcase (last edited Mar 02, 2012 03:10PM) (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1099 comments Mod
Yes, it is, Erica.

I've been hoping they'd release an ebook only version of the story that we could get without having to buy a book we already bought.

message 7: by Stefan (last edited Mar 02, 2012 10:02PM) (new)

Stefan Yates (stefan31) | 117 comments I didn't know that!! GRR.....

Obviously, I too only have the original hardback (as all of my King is in hardback if possible.) That really sucks!

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 24 comments Yes it is only in the paperback version unfortunately. I have it and have read it though :) It's OK, not as good as the four novellas, and is very predictable.

message 9: by Dustin (new)

Dustin I haven't read this story, either..

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 701 comments Chris wrote: "As an original hardcover edition owner/fan, I should probably go on record now to say that if you have this story in your copy,

I hate you."

Ditto.

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (deanwinchesthair) | 6 comments It is pretty predictable, but i have to say, this was one of my favorite stories out of all of them. I knew what was going to happen but i think it fit perfectly with King wanting to show what lengths people will go to, you know?

message 12: by Diane (last edited Mar 06, 2012 02:49PM) (new)

Diane (LadyDi4476) | 72 comments Wow! I didn't know this story even existed. I have the hardcover. Blimy! Is there anyone I can read it somewhere else?

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 24 comments Cindy wrote: "It is pretty predictable, but i have to say, this was one of my favorite stories out of all of them. I knew what was going to happen but i think it fit perfectly with King wanting to show what leng..."

I dunno, I found it cliched as well as predictable. (view spoiler)

message 14: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (jaimehobbes) | 104 comments This one was forgettable. I read the collection a few months ago and didn't even remember this one so I had to go back and look. A little creepy, fairly predictable.

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (deanwinchesthair) | 6 comments Jessica wrote: "Cindy wrote: "It is pretty predictable, but i have to say, this was one of my favorite stories out of all of them. I knew what was going to happen but i think it fit perfectly with King wanting to ..."

Oh, it definitely wasn't something original by any means but i did enjoy it all the same.

message 16: by Angie, Constant Reader (last edited Mar 11, 2012 10:46AM) (new)

Angie | 2543 comments Mod
So this is only in the paperback version? Think I might have to go up to the library and find a paperback version. I am reading this on my Nook and the version it has doesn't have this story.

message 17: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Angie wrote: "So this is only in the paperback version? Think I might have to go up to the library and find a paperback version. I am reading this on my Nook and the version it has doesn't have this story."

Nope, it can only be found in the PB version..

message 18: by Ron (last edited Mar 21, 2012 08:19PM) (new)

Ron | 9 comments I have the Kindle version. This story is missing. :( Thanks for making us non-PB owners not feel too bad by ascribing "predictable, cliched, and forgettable" to it! Now, at least, I don't have an impulse to search all the local libraries.

message 19: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Honestly I am a little ticked that it is only in paperback. I don't have it in my Nook edition either. Was this to make more money or what?

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 24 comments I heard that King hadn't even written it when the hardback version was released, so that's why it's not in there, and only in the paperback (though something tells me this is not true and it is just a money making scheme!). But even if that is the case it should have been included in the e-versions surely?

message 21: by Angie, Constant Reader (last edited Mar 22, 2012 11:34AM) (new)

Yea it sucks because my library doesn't list on this particular book online if the book on their shelf is paperback/hardback. So I would have to go to each branch until I found a paperback. I guess I could call and see before going up there... but that just seems like too much work for one story so I guess I will skip this one.

message 22: by Stefan (new)

Stefan Yates (stefan31) | 117 comments Especially since it's more than likely that King will include it in a future collection of short stories.

message 23: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 747 comments Jaime wrote: "This one was forgettable. I read the collection a few months ago and didn't even remember this one so I had to go back and look. A little creepy, fairly predictable."

I agree Jaime. This was my least favorite. It kind of fell flat to me, but it was also pretty predictable. But hey, its King! I would read it even if people said it sucked hard. haha :)

message 24: by Drew (new)

Drew | 124 comments Yeah, its not that great of a story really, don't feel too disappointed if you don't have it.

message 25: by David (new)

David Sugden | 1 comments Isn't there a glaring error in this story? On page 438 the subject is called Mrs Nathan but on page 447 she is called Mrs Franklin. Her husband's surname is Franklin throughout.

message 26: by Chris (new)

Chris King | 152 comments I liked it & i have H/back & P/back version.