Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > Latest News and Updates

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Apparently the group broadcasting was not working yesterday. *sigh* So here's a hash up.
Since the broadcasting thing is apparently still down I'll just have to try and post the email here:

Group Read:

Unearthly and Hallowed are up this month they are book 1 and 2 in Cynthia Hand's series. Click here for the discussion.

Also book 2 of the Alpha and Omega series, Hunting grounds is up. Click here for the discussion.

Monthly Challenges:

Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated in last months Love is in the Air Challenge!! We had such a great turn out and March's monthly challenge is already getting some buzz!!

Genre Dare is this month’s challenge so feel free to join in! Click here to sign up and learn what the challenge is all about.

Vote for April GR!!

There are three polls to vote for April's reads.

Vote for our Debut or first book in a series, click here.

Vote for our whatever books by clicking here. The two books with the most votes win!

Vote here, for our group series.

If you can spread the word so people don't get left out. Sorry guys.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan NEWS !
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02...

Man-O-Man! First time writer and she's NATIONAL news - the last part of this is from a "male" of course - doofus - he doesn't understand BDSM the "safe word" etc. and that LOVE is involved. Bet he didn't read it!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Susan the link didn't seem to work.

message 4: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom In honor of St. Patrick’s Day – no, not green beer – a group of authors has banded together to offer 40 free books in the Kindle format for free March 14th – 18th (today through Sunday). It looks like they have a variety of genres available – romance, paranormal, mystery/thriller, children, science fiction, fantasy, and more.

Even better, you won’t download them from an external site but from the Amazon site – you just need to go to their special website to read about the book, then click on the book’s cover to be taken to the Amazon site where you can download away.

I’d be willing to bet you’ll find at least one book you might like! To check out these offers, you can click here -

http://www.freepartay.com/

message 5: by KJ18 (new)

KJ18 (kaseyjo18peace) | 63 comments AWWW I WULD LUV 2 DO THAT BUT I DONT HAVE A KINDLE :(

message 6: by Yodamom (new)

Yodamom You can read them on your computer too. You just Dl the free Amazon software. I did that before I got my Kindle.Kasey wrote: "AWWW I WULD LUV 2 DO THAT BUT I DONT HAVE A KINDLE :("

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I've been a little out of it these last few weeks. I've been doing manual labor outside and have been working early in the morning to late at night and have been pretty much too pooped to do much over here.

So I'll be getting on top of 2012 and other challenges now that I have free time!!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Here's the latest group letter, just in case GR is still having issues with the broadcasts . . .

Hope you're all enjoying the budding spring. (Well depending were you're at!) ^_- It's that time again to start all over again.

Group Reads:
Our group series is still Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter, The Darkest Kiss is up!

Julie Kagawa's debut into the dystopian genre, The Immoral Rules, is up for our Debut title, and I have to say it's a good one! ^_-

We've got two great books for our whatever reads, City of Lost Souls and Darkfever.

Monthly Challenge:

April's monthly challenge Spring Joy is over and a big thanks to everyone who joined in on the fun! You can still update you status on the challenge if you want!

Jen has come up with a wonderful challenge May Blood!! I absolutely love it and know I'll be joining in!!. Click here to learn more about it and join in too!

2012 Yearly Challenge:
All right I've been a bit slow to update the yearly challenge threads, but I'll be doing mast updates this upcoming weekend. So update you're challenges and let me know if you're done, if you're changing your levels, and if you're joining new challenges.

-Shera (Book Whispers)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments All right I"ve been gone for a while, but I'm back now. My sister got married and I somehow ended up taking full control of the event for the setup and clean-up. (I'm now convinced a quick city hall or vegas wedding is the way to go!!)

So I'm currently getting caught up on everything!!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I'm curious what you the members think of the new Masthead? Let me know.

message 11: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I'm curious what you the members think of the new Masthead? Let me know."

Looks great! I came into the group and was like "wow Shera's been a busy girl!!!!" :-)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments LOL! Glad you like it.

message 13: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Jun 11, 2012 09:31AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere I don't really know who is responsible, but I love the new banner. Great job. It's like entering a new home.

Nice job moderators!

message 14: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love the new haeder it's awesome!!!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Thanks! We're glad to see memebers liking it!!

message 16: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Wakeling | 48 comments I really love the new header. Popped into the group and was like 'wow'. I think it's a thumbs up from us all :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Thanks Geoffrey!

message 18: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (jothie) Umm, I guess that belongs to 'latest news':
Why aren't we having any group read this month? Did I miss the poll or something?

message 19: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments Johanna wrote: "Umm, I guess that belongs to 'latest news':
Why aren't we having any group read this month? Did I miss the poll or something?"

I was wondering the same thing.

message 20: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (jothie) Looks a bit like this group is slowly going to sleep... like forever. ;)

message 21: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments Sad...I looked forward to the Monthly challenges and group reads.

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda L. (awikstrand) Yeah. I miss the group reads too

message 23: by Vannessa (new)

Vannessa | 175 comments I guess that now Shera has stepped down as a group mod, Jen hasn't gotten round to doing this month's challenges. I always loved doing them so it's a shame if they stop. I have joined another group on here just for the challenges - I love doing them and extending my reading each month by trying out new books to fit the challenge, which I normally wouldn't bother doing.

message 24: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Ladies, the group is not going to sleep! Help me keep it alive :-)

I'm sorry I haven't got the group reads or challenge up this month, I've been really ill :-(

The challenge is up.

Group reads - will be sending out an email to everyone!

message 25: by Vera (new)

Vera M. Sounds good. I have really enjoyed this group and was hoping it was not going to sleep!

message 26: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (jothie) I already though something might have been up, like the mods being ill. But I'm sure there would have been loads of people willing to help. Maybe you need a couple of stand-ins for situations like that. ;-)

message 27: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (ppomeroy72) | 364 comments Jenny B wrote: "Ladies, the group is not going to sleep! Help me keep it alive :-)

I'm sorry I haven't got the group reads or challenge up this month, I've been really ill :-(

The challenge is up.

Group reads -..."

Signed up for the challenge. Sorry to hear you were sick! I am sure any of us would be willing to help, so just reach out. Definitely do not want this group to go to sleep! I love it!