The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion


40 views
I'm bored.....lets Discuss The Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marisa So I really liked the whole series but I was disappointed with the ending of Mockingjay. It seemed to just cut off and I was left with so many more questions than answers. Did anyone else feel this way? It seemed to me like I needed more information to be satisfied with it. If I'm totally wrong and crazy let me know.


Christina yeahhh. I'm with ya on that one. The end of every book was like, WHY SUZANNE, WHY? But it kept you wanting to pick up the next one. Except for Mockingjay! I wanted there to be a next one, to describe what happened afterwards more in depth, like what happened to Gale, and the other friends she made, it's like she left everyone, and could care less. But in the interviews with SC, she said she left it up to the readers to determine what happens in their mind, and I have done a pretty darn good job creating my District 12 in my head : ).


Huda I hated the ending to Mockingjay! It was so disappointing. My thing was that you can't end a depressing book with a semi happy ending. I get it, good usually comes out of everything, but it was like a picture perfect ending. Cliche, whatever you want to call it. I didn't feel it needed more information or an elaboration of details, I just felt.. all of the above :)


Huda Christina wrote: "yeahhh. I'm with ya on that one. The end of every book was like, WHY SUZANNE, WHY? But it kept you wanting to pick up the next one. Except for Mockingjay! I wanted there to be a next one, to d..."

That's exactly what happened. She ended up not caring at all. She lost her sister, she lost what she cared about so she pretty much stopped caring. That what I thought anyhow..


Marisa I completely agree with you two! If Suzanne would write like an extended epilogue I think I would finally be happy. The ending completely messed me up. The whole series was kind of dark and depressing and to jump to a semi-happy ending like Huda said was just ridiculous to me. I really want to know what happened to Gale, Annie and her baby, and the new President of Panem. It made me kinda mad that I wasn't going to get to know the solid facts.


Huda Marisa wrote: "I completely agree with you two! If Suzanne would write like an extended epilogue I think I would finally be happy. The ending completely messed me up. The whole series was kind of dark and depress..."

Yeah, I also felt that. I mean, I didn't care so much about Annie and her baby, but what would happen with the capitol and all the districts and Panem and District 12 and 13? Everything. I think Katniss was a bit too selfish too. Sitting in front of a fire for a month? Blaming Gale for the death of her sister? That was just dumb, in my opinion...


Marisa Huda wrote: "Marisa wrote: "I completely agree with you two! If Suzanne would write like an extended epilogue I think I would finally be happy. The ending completely messed me up. The whole series was kind of d..."


Yeah you're right! Katniss should have done something productive. She was the heroine in the book and she shouldn't have succumbed to the grief. She was the one that was almost unbreakable so she should have been stronger during the end. It really wasn't Gales fault she just needed to put the blame on someone.


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I really don't understand how anybody can be happy with the end of Mockingjay.


Sabzzy123 neither do i, but its like i keep imagining other ways to end it but its hard , wow i just had an epiphany


Marisa Sabzzy123 wrote: "neither do i, but its like i keep imagining other ways to end it but its hard , wow i just had an epiphany"

what was your epiphany?


Annabel ♥ Marisa wrote: "So I really liked the whole series but I was disappointed with the ending of Mockingjay. It seemed to just cut off and I was left with so many more questions than answers. Did anyone else feel this..."

I've never been so disappointed with the end of a series in my life!!!! I loved the books though.


Marisa Anne wrote: "Marisa wrote: "So I really liked the whole series but I was disappointed with the ending of Mockingjay. It seemed to just cut off and I was left with so many more questions than answers. Did anyone..."

Yeah I kind of agree with you. I like Mockingjay up until the ending. But yeah it was pretty disappointing.


message 13: by Ashley (last edited Mar 02, 2012 06:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley I keep hoping if I reread the series I will like it more, but I doubt it (the last book, that is)


Marisa I reread the series like 5 times and it keeps getting better. I find things that I missed or skipped over every time I reread it. I completely ignored Katniss' monologues in the book but when I reread I learned more about her character.


message 15: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Marisa wrote: "I reread the series like 5 times and it keeps getting better. I find things that I missed or skipped over every time I reread it. I completely ignored Katniss' monologues in the book but when I rer..."

Same here about catching something new every time I read the series. Also, I was pretty satisfied with the end of Mockingjay. I think Ms. Collins wanted to let us make our own conclusions about what happened...if you think about it, half the Hunger Games discussions wouldn't be on Goodreads had Ms. Collins drawn a more definite conclusion. :)


Marisa Leah wrote: "Marisa wrote: "I reread the series like 5 times and it keeps getting better. I find things that I missed or skipped over every time I reread it. I completely ignored Katniss' monologues in the book..."

Yeah I agree with you on that. But I wish there was a more definite ending still. I have a wandering imagination which causes me to change my opinion of the ending constantly. I annoy myself with it. haha. One minute I invent an alternate ending and the next I make Gale get killed in a riot in District 2.


message 17: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya Yah it seemed like she just got tired of writing the book and wanted to just get done with it.


aside*from*writing An author has written an alternative ending to Mockingjay you might like. We've posted the link out to it from our blog if you want to give it a go. You might also like our latest blog post for Hunger Games event running up to the film release...it's reaping day from his point of view

http://asidefromwriting.wordpress.com...


message 19: by Huda (new) - rated it 5 stars

Huda aside*from*writing wrote: "An author has written an alternative ending to Mockingjay you might like. We've posted the link out to it from our blog if you want to give it a go. You might also like our latest blog post for Hun..."

Cool! Thanks for posting this. Hopefully I'll like it better than the actual ending.


back to top