Love Inspired Historicals discussion

For My Friends With Kindles

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
"Someone has a mean sense of humor"
Autumn's Shadow FREE on Kindle F-T http://amzn.to/yEcxwU

I'm also offering the first book in the series for 99 cents those days.

Unraveling the mystery of the snowmobile bandit kept me up half of the night-- a reader http://amzn.to/zVKTuF

Spread the word!

(If you don't have an ereader now, you can still download free books from Kindle and when you get one, those free books will automatically appear on your Kindle when you register.)

BTW, Ausjenny-this should be available to other countries.

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Lyn! This is awesome news. I can't wait to read them. : )

message 3: by Melody (last edited Mar 02, 2012 08:43AM) (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Thanks! I just got both! :)

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4947 comments grab it last night.thanks.

Janet Marie Dowell | 153 comments I got both books! Thanks Lyn!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I just got them both, too...Thank you!

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Got it, thanks!

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hey, Lyn! Thanks for the info! Amazon here I come . . . :)

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments Lyn, I have a Nook instead of a kindle, but I do have the free kindle application on my laptop, so I did take advantage of your offer! Thanks so much. :)

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateshere) | 13 comments Got them both! Thank you Lyn!

message 11: by Lyn (new)

You're all very welcome. This has been an interesting experience for me. If you enjoy the books, I'd appreciate you writing a few words on Amazon. What I've heard from other authors is that free books bring out the "nasty" people who get a book free and then write 1 star horrible reviews of it.
So much for being grateful for a free gift!
So a few good reviews would counter the bad ones.
This is such a "safe" group of friends, it's hard to believe that there are people who delight in reading only so they can disparage (and that's a nice words for it.)
Hugs,
Lyn

message 12: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4947 comments I have heard that too with the nasty people. you wonder why they would be so nasty when the book is free. do they only want free books they really like and slam anything else or are they just nasty people. I know some say they are christians too from what I have read on a few author blogs.
I also wonder why a person keeps reading a book they say they dislike so much. (makes me wonder if its just to be nasty).
I downloaded the book but not sure when I will get to it. I am catching up on a few books I was sent in Jan I have to read.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments woohoo! I just downloaded it!

message 14: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments Thanks Lyn!

message 15: by Lyn (new)

I've started getting the nasty reviews. :-( What really makes me wonder is that one woman points out all this supposed "mistakes" in my book, but her reviews are litttered with typos and mistakes. :-0

Shaking my head!

message 16: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments It figures. I say don't be concerned about it. Your true fans and future readers appreciate your work. I like both books very much. I want to read the Spring one as soon as I can get to it. ;)

message 17: by Lyn (new)

Thanks, SF.

message 18: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Marchand (noellemarchand) | 176 comments I empathize with you. I just received my first unfavorable review on Amazon today. They can definitely be tough to read. However, what is art without criticism? A happy artist. hehe. JK.

Seriously, though, somehow it's kind of legitimizing. I feel like I'm a real author now. Someone didn't like my work. Yet,they read the whole thing and were engaged enough to write a review. For some weird reason, it makes me feel like I'm doing something right. :)

message 19: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments Good attitude Noelle!

message 20: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Marchand (noellemarchand) | 176 comments Thanks, SF! :)

message 21: by Lyn (new)

Yes, Noelle, what I find odd is people will read the whole book and then the whole series and complain about it. WHY?
No one was holding a gun to their heads. They could just have put the book down!

People!!!

message 22: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Marchand (noellemarchand) | 176 comments LOL! I don't know. If I don't like a book, I will often stop reading it. Sometimes I do just want to yell, "Author's are people, too!" I think it's easy to forget that sometimes.

message 23: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4947 comments I wonder of those reading the a whole series and then trashing it. either they have to much time on there hand and are very quick readers or they really like the books but like to be nasty. for myself if I dont like the first few chapters I dont finish a book and wouldn't read more in the series.

message 24: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments Lyn, I agree with you that it seems strange that someone would finish a series and then trash each book in their review. However, maybe I can give a different perspective on the other part. If I did not finish a book I normally wouldn't feel like I had the right to warn anyone away from it or give a bad review, except maybe in very rare instances of very bad language or explicit scenes right away. Therefore, if I want others to know why a book is not worth their time I will often finish it, and then try to be kind, but honest, in my review. I wouldn't read the others in the series after that. Does that make sense?

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 02, 2012 09:56AM) (new)

I've seen many of those reviews from folks who got books for free and wrote nasty reviews. I don't understand it either. If you dislike a book that much, quit reading it, as others have said.

On the flip side, I've found several new authors & series thanks to free books for my Kindle. I tried books that were free that I may not have tried otherwise. There are some wonderful free books out there, for which I'm grateful. If I do download a free one that I'm really not enjoying, I just quit reading it and delete it from my device. No harm, no foul...That's just the way it goes sometimes.

message 26: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments I agree Elizabeth. I've found some wonderful new-to-me authors be downloading free books. I've also found a couple who I would not spend money on in the future. If someone doesn't like a book they are so easy to erase. To me, if you can't offer a helpful review don't waste your time or mine writing one. I particularly find it frustrating to read complaints about a book being 'religious'. Um, what part of Christian fiction didn't the person understand?

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments SF wrote: "I agree Elizabeth. I've found some wonderful new-to-me authors be downloading free books. I've also found a couple who I would not spend money on in the future. If someone doesn't like a book they..."

I hate when they bash a book for being to "religious" and I say the same thing! What don't you understand about Christian Fiction? Or when they get mad because when the book ended the killer wasn't found. Why don't you take a second look to see if you started in the middle of a triology or continuity? I remember reading a book that was part of a series and asking the author if it was the first book because it referred back to a previous murder but I didn't get snippy about it.

message 28: by Lyn (new)

Ladies, I don't know what it is about SOME people. The idea of voicing their opinion overcomes their good manners (if they learned any).

Another author told me that she got a review where the woman plainly said she didn't read the book, but she reviewed it anyway! WHAT???

If you read my books and have a few kinds words, I'd appreciate them on amazon.

Winter's Secret is still on sale for 99 cents!

Janet Marie Dowell | 153 comments How do you review a book without reading it? SMH!

message 30: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments Unbelievable. Some people.

message 31: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Marchand (noellemarchand) | 176 comments Wow, Lyn! That is weird. lol.

message 32: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4947 comments I know alot of people dont take store of reviews at amazon and I guess this is why alot are trashing a book even if they dont read it.
It may actually work in reverse as readers may say if a book is so bad why they read it and the rest of the series if they see all negative they would wonder if it was the reviewer. also many look at how they review other books and if its a trend you know its one to not take stock in.
I notice alot that trash books do this with alot of there reviews.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments I remember one time I was looking at Amazon reviews on the Love Inspired line. One of the books had a ton of reviews so I took a look. Apparently it was a free kindle book which is why there were all the reviews. I happened to have the book in my TBR pile and because of all the bad reviews I moved the book to the top of the pile. I read the book and no it's not a favorite or one I plan on reading again but it was nowhere near as bad as the reviews made it sound.

message 34: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 75 comments As far as reviewing goes, I review for several of the publishers through their blogging programs. They want my honest opinion. The majority of my reviews are 3, 4, or 5 stars. I've only left one review that was a one star. And I didn't trash the book, I said honestly that it didn't hold my attention and kept putting me to sleep. I also said that if I'd not had to read the entire thing to be fair for the publisher, that after the 3rd time I fell asleep while reading it, I'd have stopped. And I think that for me personally, that the reason (aside from falling asleep) that I didn't care for it was because of the fact it was book 2 and I'd never read book 1. I admit that I selected the book to review and that I selected it because it looked interesting and had an interesting synopsis, but for me it wasn't.

I was browsing through the reviews of one particular author's latest book that came out last week. I was shocked to see how many one star reviews she'd gotten from her readers. As a result, I will most likely save my money and get it from the library or just not read the book at all.

message 35: by Lyn (new)

Ladies, I could use some positive reviews on Amazon to balance those who marked it down for nonexistent bad formatting. And I'm doing another Freebie soon so keep your eyes open!

message 36: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments Will do Lyn. -Susan

message 37: by Betti (new)

Betti | 2 comments Thanks for letting me join this group! I have been downloading the free Kindle books that catch my attention. Since I do not have a Kindle yet, I am reading them on my phone or the computer. Perhaps I have not experienced enough formatting errors to want to complain, but even if I did, how does that change whether the book is well written or not? I am starting to write a review on the books I have read, and I try to be honest in my assessment.

Thanks to those who are doing the Freebies. We have been unemployed at our home, and so I can't afford to buy any books yet.

message 38: by Lyn (new)

Betti, you are a breath of fresh air! Sorry you're unemployed--that's happened to us too in the past. Your upbeat attitude is refreshing!

message 39: by Jean (new)

Jean Gordon (goodreadscomjeancgordon) | 15 comments Reading it right now, Lyn,

message 40: by Lyn (new)

Great, Jean.