Editio Self-Publishing discussion

Self-Publishing questions > CreateSpace versus Amazon sales

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul If I put a link on my website to CreateSpace to buy a print copy of my book, does that factor into the Amazon's sales and help it to rank it higher? Or do I have to give up the self-selling profit in order to boost the rankings and visibility on Amazon?

message 2: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle Ragnarok (rochrok) In my case. I used to advertise my Createspace link but I did not sell a single copy through their store. amazon.com is the way to go as far as sales. People just don't trust something they don't have much knowledge or experience with but Amazon.com is very trustworthy to many people.

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Olson (pamelajolson) | 9 comments In my experience, Amazon's tools, visibility, and brand credibility just overpower any other kind of promotion I've tried to make (after I went through my personal list of friends and contacts who'd been following the book writing process for years).

The free days on Kindle Select have been my single biggest selling boon so far. In fact, this weekend, my book Fast Times in Palestine is free for Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00513NHNI), and it's not even noon on the first day and nearly 1,000 copies have already been downloaded.