Mentoring Moments for Christian Women discussion

2/20/12 Preparing for Easter > Forgiveness- Anointing Woman

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (mezzomom) | 14 comments Mod
It's a beautifully sunny day in Virginia. A grand day to forgive and to remember I am forgiven. The anointing woman story is a great reminder of the beauty of forgiveness and do-overs. I am reminded of how detrimental NOT forgiving is: "Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die." I have a tendency to hold onto anger and frustration though I know that it's healthier to LET IT GO. Prayerfully let something go today ---feel the burden lifted.

And in today's lesson, I'm reminded that each of us must answer the question, "Who do you say that I am?" The answer to that can be shouted from my upstairs window ---- and I wonder what the sheep in the pasture thought?

How are you like Mary Magdalene? How can God use your past and present to step into a future of serving Him?

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Harris | 14 comments Mod
I like to be forgiven by others. But I also need to forgive others. As Jesus said on the cross, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." Sometimes it seems the offenders do know what they are doing, but they still need to be forgiven. As the study says, unforgiveness only poisons us.
Thank you, Lord, for forgiving me. Help me forgive others.

message 3: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Harris | 14 comments Mod
I finished the first two weeks of study and am enjoying week three. How are the rest of you doing? I haven't seen many comments.