What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Kid's pic book: witch makes children stand on top of tall pillars in her garden

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly (liddygally) | 43 comments I remember reading this children's picture book in the early 90s, but all I can really recall is the picture of children standing on these columns in what I think was a witch's garden. I think the younger sibling of two of the children who had the enchantment put on them had to save them all. Also, I think the children were all dressed in fashions of early 1900s?

Thanks for any help!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Holly, are you still looking for this book?

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly (liddygally) | 43 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Holly, are you still looking for this book?"

Hi Lobstergirl, yes, I still am thanks!

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Holly--if you bump this up every month or two, it will stay in people's minds and new members will see it, and it will possibly get ID'ed.

I've had books ID'ed after 3 years (and a few that I'm still waiting on) but I was faithful about bumping them up and keeping them in people's mind. Very few people are as dedicated as Lobstergirl about going all the way back to page 200 or so and then reading forward.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

That's the fun part.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly (liddygally) | 43 comments Thanks guys! :)

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
(Yeah, I have to admit, I did it too. But unlike Lobstergirl I didn't bump any of them, unless I thought that I knew the book. What can I say--I'm kind of geeky that way.)

message 8: by Holly (new)

Holly (liddygally) | 43 comments Bu~mp!

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 12, 2014 04:14AM) (new)

message 10: by Holly (new)

Holly (liddygally) | 43 comments I don't think that is it, but thank you so much for the suggestion!

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly (liddygally) | 43 comments Bump

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Long shot: The Court of Stone Children?

message 13: by Holly (new)

Holly (liddygally) | 43 comments No, afraid not, but thank you for bumping this up :)

message 14: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19036 comments Still looking, Holly?

message 15: by Holly (new)

Holly (liddygally) | 43 comments I still think about it sometimes but I’ve so little to go on I might as well give up and abandon the search for now. Shall I move the post?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

I'll move it to Abandoned. If you ever figure out what it is, we can always move it to Solved.

message 17: by Holly (new)

Holly (liddygally) | 43 comments Thanks!