Darynda Jones Fans discussion

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Why do you think Earl took the pictures of Reyes and hid them in the walls?

message 2: by Candie (new)

Candie (candiegyrl) | 350 comments Mod
No clue on that one. He's one sick man. Sooo disturbing.

Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (traci-madhatterreads) | 609 comments Mod
I think it might have been another way to control Reyes. Maybe Walker used them as some type of blackmail against Reyes?

Or it's just that Walker's one sick SOB who gets off on hurting children and deserves to rot in Hell for the rest of eternity.

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I understand Walker is a sick pedophile sociopath, but why put them in the walls? That's just weird! I never understood that and hoped someone could elaborate *Darynda* on the reasoning.

Maybe he thought they would be safe there-most people wouldn't think to look IN the walls when they moved in, so the pictures would be relatively safe. Then Walker could go back to those places and revisit his misdeeds by pulling them out of the walls.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Traci wrote: "Maybe he thought they would be safe there-most people wouldn't think to look IN the walls when they moved in, so the pictures would be relatively safe. Then Walker could go back to those places and..."

Could be...who really understands a sociopath? Well maybe another sociopath? Nah...that's just nucking futs!

message 7: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
I'm backkkkk! Ok, what have I missed? Those pictures have the power to hurt Reyes. Even though he is the son of Satan, his abuse as a child was never discussed or explored so it's bound to be an open wound that will send him reeling if he finds out about the pics. I not sure why that sick bastard placed them in the wall, but it they surface in future books expect it to cause Reyes major pain! Great question, Cin!

Hey Dana!!! Missed you lady!

I agree, those pics are going to surface again in future books and they're really going to hurt Reyes. I hope he and Charley have made up by then so she can help him through it.

message 9: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Hi Dana and good night to you all (GMT time!).

I am confused by this topic. First I didn't realise it was "in the walls" when I read the book and I took it as "on the walls" (like pictures hanging on the walls), as way to humiliate Reyes and show him he was helpless against Walker. Now I'm really confused, how did Faye get them? Did she knock down the walls?

The only thing that crosses my mind is that Walker hid the pictures to keep them out of sight of anybody who entered the many apartments where they lived. On the other hand, it doesn't make much sense since Kim and Reyes knew they were there and could use those as evidence against Walker.

Nice topic Cindy, I had completely missed this.

message 10: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
Hey Traci and Ines! Yeah to much was made of the pictures and Charley took it instead of burning the damn thing. It's bound to come back in the future.

message 11: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments And to think the picture is in her lingerie drawer!... I hope Reyes doesn't find it there.

message 12: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 02, 2012 07:54PM) (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments I agree that Walker is just a perv, and that they were hidden in the walls to be used against Reyes- he knew they would be "safe" hidden in the walls, whether his apartment was ever searched by the police for anything, or he was planning to use them against Reyes in the future and knew no future tenants would find them if they were hidden there. (maybe I watched too many episodes of Law & Order SVU...!)

I do think Reyes will find either the one Charley has hidden, or they will be brought up to force some situation.

message 13: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) This is not a good scenario for my darling Reyes...he's been hurt enough by that monster...who is a hundred times worse than any demon. I don't understand why Charley kept the picture. It's gonna come back on her in a BAD way! She said she can't "unsee" it, so WHY keep a memento of something so horrible? Burn it Charley...PLEASE!

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Cindy wrote: "This is not a good scenario for my darling Reyes...he's been hurt enough by that monster...who is a hundred times worse than any demon. I don't understand why Charley kept the picture. It's gonna..."

AGREED! She needs to burn that photo pronto!

message 15: by Leah (new)

Leah (leah_moss) I had the thought that he might have made the pics to document Reyes fast healing??? Reyes has the tatoos (the map to hell) on his body and has had them his whole life. Can you imagine seeing a child with tatoos like that? He knew Reyes was "something"...Walker could have been documenting the tats and hoped maybe he could reap some rewards from Reyes in the future...could Walker be possessed by a demon? He was certainly evil enough.

I agree that humiliation and control was probably a main reason that Sorry S.O.B. took the pics. Walker probably didn't forsee being "dead" and having to flee his apartment in a hurry thus leaving the pictures in the walls. I am surprised Reyes doesn't recall Walker taking the pics or wondering where they are...

message 16: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 03, 2012 09:00PM) (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Yeah, how does Reyes not know these pictures were taken or exist? Or does he remember them being taken but didn't realize they were being kept and hidden in the walls?

Leah- good point about them possibly being taken to test his healing process, or even the mysterious tattoos he's had his whole life....

message 17: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Leah wrote: "I had the thought that he might have made the pics to document Reyes fast healing??? Reyes has the tatoos (the map to hell) on his body and has had them his whole life. Can you imagine seeing a chi..."

Wow...Leah! Great concept! That could very well be the answer to the mystery!

message 18: by Candie (new)

Candie (candiegyrl) | 350 comments Mod
Leah wrote: "I had the thought that he might have made the pics to document Reyes fast healing??? Reyes has the tatoos (the map to hell) on his body and has had them his whole life. Can you imagine seeing a chi..."

Good thinkin' Leah!