City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Always disappointed in the Movies

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lexus Richardson I think that the movie could possibly be good. They have picked a great actor for the role of Jace. I'm not sure of Clary's actress, but we will see.
Relax, you should never let a movie ruin your love for a book. Not everything in the book can be explained or put in a movie because most books are descriptive.
If you love the book, learn to seperate the two and move on.
It'll be okay!

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee I feel almost exactly the same way, the Twilight movies were so incredibley bad that I started to hate whenever someone said they loved them, I was always thinking there is no way we read the same books! But luckily for me I still love the series, for me the books and the movies are nothing alike. Also with The Hunger Games movie, the characters arn't how I pictured them being, and I've heard thye already messed some things up, but it still looks like it could be good. I'm also afraid to see TMI, I Love those books, the cast already (Jamie Cambell Bower) is definitely not how I pictured Jace. But we shall see. I WISH they just stopped making books into movies!

S.L.J. The movie has been put on the shelf indefinately because Sony decided to drop it. I wouldn't expect a movie any time soon.

Lisa Westerfield To be honest, without trying to step on toes, I didn't like the director assigned to the movie. I hopoe the project is picked up again with someone different.

Jennifer Davis Deondra wrote: "I feel almost exactly the same way, the Twilight movies were so incredibley bad that I started to hate whenever someone said they loved them, I was always thinking there is no way we read the same ..."

I agree! How could the cast him for Jace?!?! I won't see the movie for that reason alone. I love the books and don't want the movie to destroy my love of them (like Twilight).

Veronica Georgie wrote: "hey. For those of you who know me, i love reading. i find that i get so attached to a book that i find that when if comes to watching the movie in the cinemas, i get disappointed time and time aga..."

So true. I hate the twilight movies. They just ruined both books and movie i don't want to waste precious time watching either mortal instruments or vampire academy(if the movie ever comes out)
I don't get it, after the twilight saga mess how do ppl make movies of ya books like these. If directors cannot make the film with exact scenes and appropriate actors, they need not make one. Lets face it, Kirsten Stewart would be the worst actress in the history of cinema.