Read-190 2012 discussion

Soul Surfer Movie

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megrandel (new)

Megrandel | 2 comments Mod
Hey Guys! So you have been watching the movie, Soul Surfer, and will finish it today.

Make connections between the movie and the article we read in the r-Books. Do you think the events are portrayed accurately? Do you think the actors chosen are good fits for the actual people involved in real-life? Are you liking the movie? Why/Why not?

This is an assignment. You need to answer one or all of the questions above in a 5-10 COMPLETE SENTENCE response. If you would like EXTRA CREDIT, feel free to respond to at least ONE of your classmates with a THOUGHTFUL post in 3-5 complete sentences.

Chow!

Ms. Randel

message 2: by Jose (new)

Jose pichon (Josepichon) | 2 comments wel sometimes they don't add all of the details of abook and the article.The character of the movie were accurlty. Imean the person who play the main character did a good job of acting her.the movie was a good movie. If a need to give them 1 to 5 star i well give it a 5.

message 3: by Greta (new)

Greta | 2 comments Yes it was portrayed accurately in the book and in the movie that we had watched this past week. I think the actors were a good fit for the movie. It inspired me a lot and I think it was just a amazing fit for the movie. I loved the movie. It was a really good film. It inspired me a lot. Last year I broke my foot and this year I broke it again and I thought my years were over for playing soccer and I never gave up and this gave me inspirtion on like if you want something then never give up. And she lost her arm which was a huge deal, I broke my foot twice and I didn't think I could play soccer this year...But thankfully I can. I believe this is an amazing story that Bethany had. I think that she should keep going on with her dreams even what others think of her. She is an amazing surfer by what I can see. :)

message 4: by Perla (new)

Perla Dominguez | 2 comments I think the actor are good fit from the real live person. I really like the movie because it shows a really good message to all the people who has disability. People like Bethany Hamilton can be really brave or tough like her but not. However there people who just want to end their life because of they who they are. There are others reason why like the movies but I dont want to go on.

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy Zaldivar | 2 comments I can really connect the r-book and the movie, because what happened in the r-book is similar to what happened in the movie Soul Surfer! I think that the actors chosen for the movie were pretty good. Other than everything else, I did like the movie. I really like how Bethany didn't give up even though she lost one of her arms. She really teached kids and people around the world to not give up on what they like just because they lost something .!

message 6: by Darrell (new)

Darrell Davis | 3 comments I say what happend to Bethany was not cool it is sad to know what happend to her.

message 7: by Antony (new)

Antony | 2 comments The actores were good and fit in fine also the movies wasreally good but sad. I can connect with the r-book becuase it talked about the same things. I think it was sad becuase she lost here arm and she had to go through people asking Question ans takeing pictures.

message 8: by Liljonhwall (new)

Liljonhwall | 2 comments yes i do i think the did a good job. yes i like the movie and i think that it is a good movie and the actors did do a good job with the role that they where supposed to put there self in

message 9: by Liljonhwall (last edited Mar 06, 2012 10:49AM) (new)

Liljonhwall | 2 comments wasnt good at football but I never gave up and this gave me inspirtion on like if you want something then never give up. And she lost her arm which was a huge deal, wasnt good at football and I didn't think I could play football this year...But thankfully I can. I believe this is an amazing story that Bethany had. I think that she should keep going on with her dreams even what others think of her. She is an amazing surfer by what I can see.

message 10: by Erick (new)

Erick Tracy | 1 comments I think that some of the peopel are good i liked it win bethany tot the littel boy to surf then all the peopel surft and playded in the water

message 11: by Tez (new)

Tez | 1 comments It was portrayed accurately and the actor was perfect she did a really god job. I loved the movie it was sooo good because she has ONE ARM and that last thing she did was AMAZING shi* I CANT DO THAT WITH TWO ARMS.

message 12: by Darrell (new)

Darrell Davis | 3 comments What happend to Bethany was not cool to lose somthing you need in everyday life is really sad. Shark attacks can happen for lots and lots of reasons such as a shark can think your board is a lion seal sharks thinking that is the main reason why people are attacked cuase of sharks thinking peoples surf boards are lion seals. Look everybody should know that sharks are cold-blooded killers and will attack whatever they see looks like food to them their can't help it it is what there do. When people go to surf their are going into their home so really you are taking a risk of being attacked in the water. If you want to know some other reasons why sharks attack surfers 1 If you are bleeding in the water sharks will come sharks loves the smell of blood, 2 Lion seals are on sharks pery list if their see your board and you are on it the first thing their are going to think is it is a lion seal following up on the lion seal thing is some sharks will go up and get the seal that way and others will attack with taking the seal by the arm that maybe what tiger sharks do. 3 Also like other hunters of the animal world do sharks go after the kids, old, and the weak ones and sometimes their may even eat dead animals. when bethany was just folting their on her board the shark was thinking she was a dead lion seal floting their.

message 13: by Tyrone (new)

Tyrone | 1 comments well i didn't read the book but from what i seen of the movie. it was a ok movie it could have been more out there. i think you no what i mean. thats all for today by