Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > The Sentinel Wars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaitlin (last edited Mar 01, 2012 09:28PM) (new)

Kaitlin  | 6 comments Okay I need help! I was looking for another series to get into and I picked The Sentinel Wars series by Shannon K. Butcher.

I raced through Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher , I loved Drake and Helens story, and I was stoked that I thought I found a series I would love almost as much as the Sookie Stackhouse series and Wards BDB series. Even Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars, #2) by Shannon K. Butcher had me turning the pages.

But now I am on the third book which is Running Scared (Sentinel Wars, #3) by Shannon K. Butcher and I am finding myself easily putting the book down and almost dreading picking it back up. I'm not even a quarter of the way through the book and I am already SUPER annoyed with Lexi's whole "brainwashed" theory. I just want to grab her and shake her. It reminds me a lot of the first half of Butch and Marissa's story in the BDB series with the whole "She's too good for me", "He doesn't want me" back and forth.

Have you read the Sentinel Wars series? Is it worth reading through my frustration with Lexi? Or should I give up on this series while I'm not in too deep?

message 2: by Katya (last edited Mar 01, 2012 09:38PM) (new)

Katya | 645 comments Yes it is worth reading. I found Running Scared my least favorite, She kinda annoyed me a bit....all the "My mom told me..." and "How can I believe you?" Come on girl...use your brain, open your eyes I kept shouting at her. Now, I must say that that particular book does picks up toward the end. I read and moved to the next book. My favorite was Living Nightmare and I suspect the one coming out will be good too...only because I like the characters.

message 3: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin  | 6 comments Katya wrote: "Yes it is worth reading. I found Running Scared my least favorite, She kinda annoyed me a bit....all the "My mom told me..." and "How can I believe you?" Come on girl...use your brain, open your e..."

Thank you so much, you may have given me the inspiration I've been needing. :) Heres to hoping I can do it!

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Definitely worth reading. I agree with Katya, Living Nightmare is the best book in the series and I really enjoyed Blood Hunt as well.
The problem with Running Scared is that I was so looking forward to Zach and Lexi's story after they were introduced in Burning Alive that I built it up in my imagination and the reality was disappointing.

message 5: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments I agree. Running Scared (Sentinel Wars, #3) by Shannon K. Butcher was my least favorite book, but it does have an exciting finish. And, like Katya and Lauren my favorite was Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4) by Shannon K. Butcher . I can't wait for Dying Wish (Sentinal Wars, #6) by Shannon K. Butcher to come out! Keep reading, Kaitlin, you won't be sorry you did!