Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Ann's Four Feb-2012 books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments I read three audio books and one Kindle title in February; my time with print books has diminished, but had plenty of commute time for audio books (a mixed bag) ;)
The Silent Girl: A Novel
Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy
Heat Wave
Bossypants
Gerritsen, Tess The Silent Girl finished 2/21/2012 Audio rank 9+ of 10 a haunting book... I was rather surprised by a late revelation, not a bad thing to experience surprise in a mystery thriller! I like the Jane Rizzoli of the books better than the TV character, though have no trouble picturing Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander in the title roles while reading.
Kennedy, Caroline Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy Finished 2/11/2012 Audio 9 of 10
I started with the hardback and loved the footnotes, and ended with the audio and loved hearing Jackie's voice. This was an interesting addendum to my recent enjoyment of Stephen King's fictional 11/22/63 and raised my awareness of some of the events preceding JFK's death and of his and Jackie's inner circle. The photos and snippets of history were extremely interesting to me
Castle, Richard Heat Wave Finished 2/6/2012 on Kindle rank 9- of 10
Light fun reading. Love the TV show characters more, but you could feel the heat wave and enjoy the banter with the book.
Fey, Tina Bossypants Finished 2/4/2012 on audio rank 9 of 10
This is a great book! Tina Fey is smart and successful and at the same time, down to earth and accessible. I especially enjoyed the parts about her path to Saturday Night Live, to Weekend Update and to 30 Rock. Read by the author, Tina's voice lent an especially personal note to the reading, it was if she was talking to me, the reader and fan

message 2: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7889 comments Ann, I enjoyed Bossypants as well. She is a talent and quite remarkable in her ability to go from comedian to producer of her own work.

Ann wrote: "I read three audio books and one Kindle title in February; my time with print books has diminished, but had plenty of commute time for audio books (a mixed bag) ;)
[book:The Silent Girl: A Novel|..."

message 3: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2647 comments Ann wrote: I read three audio books and one Kindle title in February; my time with print books has diminished...

Since my nearest library branch is closing next week, I'm going to look first to get my library books in Kindle format to cut down on travel a bit.

message 4: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Good month, Ann. I also really liked Bossypants and because I read it, I think I now want to go back and hear the audio. I bet that was special. The Silent Girl was also good. Jane Rizzoli is one of my favorite characters.

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments I'm not a big Tina Fey fan, except for her dead-on Sarah Palin impersonation, but have been thinking I'd like to read BOSSYPANTS.

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1610 comments You had a good month Ann ;) I love Tess Gerritsen, and I am slowly working my way thru this series.

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Dan: That is bad news about the library closing, budget cuts can hit libraries hard and the results are inconvenience and less access to a shrinking menu of materials. I love borrowing books on my Kindle!
Daniel wrote: "Since my nearest library branch is closing next week, I'm going to look first to get my library books in Kindle format to cut down on travel a bit. "