Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Archives > Nominations for June Books (Australia & Oceania and the US State of Ohio)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Apr 01, 2012 01:39PM) (new)

Diane  | 12949 comments Please post your nominations for the June books of the month here.

Our world selection will be set in Australia/Oceania, and can be located in any of the locations listed here:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...
The books that can be nominated are not limited to what is listed in this folder.

Our US State selection can be any book that takes place (at least partially) in the state of Ohio (This state was chosen by a random list generator). Here are a few ideas to get you started (Books do not have to be on this list to be nominated):
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/6...

message 2: by Kimberly (last edited Mar 01, 2012 09:04PM) (new)

Kimberly | 7 comments I nominate The Thorn Birds The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough Colleen McCullough for Australia.

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 3 comments In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristen wrote: "In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson"

You beat me to it, Kristen. I love this book--so funny!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 3 comments Tina wrote: "Kristen wrote: "In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson"

You beat me to it, Kristen. I love this book--so funny!"

Yeah, I can't wait to read it. It sounds really funny, and Australia is at the top of my travel bucket list.

message 7: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) The December Boys by Michael Noonan by Michael Noonan for Australia.

message 8: by Missy J (new)

Missy J (missyj333) | 222 comments For Australia, I would like to nominate, "On the Beach" by Nevil Shute.

For Ohio, I would like to nominate, "Beloved" by Toni Morrison. I read this book already, but I would like to read it again with you guys, cause it's a bit difficult (magical realism...).

Cheers!

message 9: by Sue (new)

Sue | 247 comments For Australia/Oceania, I nominate: The Girl from Botany Bay by Carolly Erickson

message 10: by Sue (new)

Sue | 247 comments And, for Ohio, I'd like to nominate: Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech

message 11: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (Jefforama) | 4 comments For Oceania, I nominate Devil-Devil by Graeme Kent--a mystery set in the Solomon Islands in the 1960s.

message 12: by Leslie T. (new)

Leslie T. (lat0403) | 30 comments For Oceania/Australia (New Zealand): The Colour by Rose Tremain