Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

VII. Support GR Authors > My newest baby is about to be born!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike Meyer | 224 comments This piece is written from the heart. It rings true. My newest baby, DEADLY EYES, a murder mystery set on the island of St. Croix, in the Caribbean, is ready to be born, and I was asked to write about my feelings in this online newspaper. I think you will all feel as I do.
Mike
http://www.theindietimes.com/2012/03/...

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Rainey (jennifer_rainey) | 65 comments Very touching! Congratulations on getting another book done, but I completely understand how you feel. I'm in the same place with my short story collection right now. It's very bittersweet.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) | 242 comments What an excellent piece, Mike! And, so true, I think for most authors. I felt the same way when I sent my first child out into the world--anxiety, trepidation, pride, love. Did I do enough to ensure that she would be able to survive in the big, scary world of the reading public? Will others love her as much as I do?

Someone who is not a writer may think we are a bit strange, referring to our books as babies and children. But, I can't help myself. That's exactly how I feel about something I've invested years of time and effort into.

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike Meyer | 224 comments Cheryl wrote: "What an excellent piece, Mike! And, so true, I think for most authors. I felt the same way when I sent my first child out into the world--anxiety, trepidation, pride, love. Did I do enough to en..."

Thank you, Cheryl and Jennifer. yes, you two definitely know how I feel. Thanks!
Mike

P.S. DEADLY EYES has now been published on Amazon Kindle. It is finally out of the nest.