Erudite Readers discussion

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
This topic is about Daughter of Smoke & Bone
Our Favorite Books! > Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (last edited Nov 28, 2012 04:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
Around the world, black hand prints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grows dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages—not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.

When one of the strangers—beautiful, haunted Akiva—fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

Amber I do! XP I read it before this, it's about a human girl working for demons but angels get involved...it's a good story.

The ending is a killer... -.-

Heather (goodreadscomheather-jane) | 35 comments I LOVE this book!!!! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, seriously this book is AWESOME!! And like Amber^^ said, the ender is a KILLER=D

message 4: by Emy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emy (emypt) | 2 comments This book has proved for me to be one of those that haunts you long after you've finished it... I want to read the next one badly, but I'm going to wait now to make sure that any others are published too and then binge!

message 5: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh wow we have quite the Daughter of Smoke and Bone fanclub!

message 6: by Karina (last edited Mar 02, 2012 01:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karina I had it on hold at the library, I went to pick it up yesterday but I got distracted and forgot to get it before I left -___-

message 7: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karina wrote: "I had it on hold at the library, I went to pick it up yesterday but I got distracted and forgot to get it before I left -___-"
That sucks.. I need to get this book soon.

Nandanie (biblioholic369) I actaully ordered it three weeks ago. I have it so yeah, I am prepared to read it! It looks good

Karina Scott wrote: "Karina wrote: "I had it on hold at the library, I went to pick it up yesterday but I got distracted and forgot to get it before I left -___-"
That sucks.. I need to get this book soon."

I know it does..I am very forgetful!

message 10: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

This book will have to wait.. still haven't finished my pile of books from my last visit to the library.

Nandanie (biblioholic369) I just went on Thursday-borrowed 31.

Sierra~Kelley I liked this book.It was pretty good and by far my favorite book about angels and demons.

message 13: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nandanie wrote: "I just went on Thursday-borrowed 31."
That's alot of books :O

message 14: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

There's a movie coming out apparently!

Heather (goodreadscomheather-jane) | 35 comments Scott wrote: "There's a movie coming out apparently!"

Are you serious??! Awesome! :D

Karina I am going to start this today! Angels and Demons..dang can't wait!

message 18: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karina wrote: "I am going to start this today! Angels and Demons..dang can't wait!"
Can't wait to hear what you think.

Karina Scott wrote: "Karina wrote: "I am going to start this today! Angels and Demons..dang can't wait!"
Can't wait to hear what you think."

I love what I have read so far but I am not that far into the book..I will definitely let you know about it once I am completely done.

Ashley (ashsweet12) | 18 comments I enjoyed this book alot (: But like others said the ending is a killer !!! But whenever the second comes out i will be sure to check it out :D

Karina It started off really great...got a little bored for a while...but things are starting to pick up, so hopefully I end up liking it.

Karina Just finished this. It wasnt really what I was expecting but it was great and loved the characters.

The frexing ending! Made me want to rip the book in half, throw it out the window and let it drown in the rain. Cant wait for the next one (:

message 23: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haha Dramatic! I love the word Frex and greenie (Maze Runner) Why do books have the best languages!

Karina Haha I know, I would never really do that. It was just one of those ending that leave you really frustrated and wanting the next book right away so you can know what will happen.
I have no idea but I love it!

Amber The book was different than what I expected but I enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one.

message 26: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Is this worth reading?

Caitlin (elspethgordie) Scott wrote: "Is this worth reading?"

YES. it's such a gripping storyline, it doesn't drag on, and really enjoyable :)

Karina I loved the main character. I was honestly expecting a shy brunett or a perfect blonde...instead she was an artist with blue hair and tattoos (:

message 29: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karina wrote: "I loved the main character. I was honestly expecting a shy brunett or a perfect blonde...instead she was an artist with blue hair and tattoos (:"
Sounds a bit like Tris from Divergent.

message 30: by Jay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jay I haven't read this book but it seems interesting

message 31: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am going to read this one soon! Has anyone read the sequel?

Karina No, but I really need it :(

message 33: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

I started this one today and it seems strange but good.

Karina I thought this one to be pretty original and different. I need to read the next one and I heard that there isn't much romance in the next one so I think I might love it more.

message 35: by Mel (new)

Mel (the3jsmom) | 4 comments After all these great comments I have found my next book to read.

message 36: by Mel (new)

Mel (the3jsmom) | 4 comments After all these great comments I have found my next book to read.

message 37: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

I hope you enjoy it, Melinda!