The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

I love the Cast! They are Perfect!

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin Who else loves the cast!?!? Please if you hate the cast dont go on and on about it! This is for people who like the cast! I think they did an amazing job and I wouldn't change a thing! If you guys knew who actually auditioned, they definitely picked the best people!

Happy Hunger Games!

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles I know right? I love them! They fit the roles perfectly!

Kati I know! I think everyone is so amazing! I seriously cant wait to see them all on the big screen!!!

Michaela There are a lot who are absolutely perfect (at least how they look, i haven't seen them act yet :P)

Kati I've seen quite a few of them act and they are all really good. I havnt seen Liam Hemsworth act though so i'm anxious 2 see that. I think he looks the part tho.

Elia I think they are great, except the guy who plays Peeta doesn't look anything like I imagine him in my head. I agree with Kati though, I've never seen Liam Hemsworth act, so I hope he can pull it off. He is certainly the tall dark handsome Gale type though.

message 7: by Dee (last edited Mar 01, 2012 05:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee I really like almost everyone, obviously they arn't how I pictured them, but they still did very good at casting. At first I wasn't to fond of Jennifer Lawrence, or Josh Hutcherson, but from the trailers it looks like they are pulling them. Can't wait to see the movie :)!

Michaela Yeah, Elia, Peeta looked way different, but it looks like he's going to do a good acting job anyway lol :)

Elia Michaela wrote: "Yeah, Elia, Peeta looked way different, but it looks like he's going to do a good acting job anyway lol :)"

Also, I think Woody Harrolson as Haymitch is PERFECTION of casting, and I am looooving Lenny KLravitz as Cinna and Elizabeth Banks I am sure will be an amazing Effie cuz I love her in everything!

Michaela Yeah, Elizabeth Banks looks perfect :) Cinna is interesting... I didn't imagine him that way, but we'll see :) As for Haymitch, I probably imagine him completely different from everyone else and completely wrong lol :D So it'll be interesting to see him on the screen. My image of him was sort of - not-seen, if you know what I mean lol... It's weird that he kinda looks normal in the movie... It'll be interesting...

message 11: by Kristin (last edited Mar 01, 2012 06:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristin I agree with Michaela, Cinna looks different in my mind. I totally get the not-seen part of it too. I think the actor will play him well, but we will have to see.
Also, i would like to adress the Josh Hutcherson/Peeta thingie. i absolutly LOVE Josh as an actor and i think he will be fine at this part, but he is not how i pictured Peeta AT ALL. Josh's face is too angular, and i pictured Peeta with a more round, sweet face. He is also more hot than cute in my opinion if you know what I mean. Elizabeth Banks is spot on. I am anxious to see how well all of the actors/actresses portray their characters in this movie. They better not screw it up! :)

message 12: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Kristin wrote: "I agree with Michaela, Cinna looks different in my mind. I totally get the not-seen part of it too. I think the actor will play him well, but we will have to see
Also, i would like to adress the Jo..."

Agree with the Cinna part. Definitely wasn't how I pictured him.

message 13: by C.D. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.D. Hussey They don't all look like I pictured them, but I'm sure once I see the movie they'll all be perfect and I'll never imagine them any other way.

Jessica Liam Hemsworth was in The Last Song with Miley Cyrus. He actually stood out to me right away and I feel he fits Gale perfectly.

The actor who plays Peeta however- he looked familiar; (he's in Journey to the Center of the Earth) yet he wasn't what I would have pictured for Peeta. I'll be curious to see how he acts. For me, I always thought that Peeta was a bit darker (did I miss the description for his coloring?) and more introverted, mysterious.

Either way, it'll be nice to see the chemistry between all the characters!

PS- Cinna is played by Lenny Kravitz, of all people!

Michaela Jessica wrote: "Liam Hemsworth was in The Last Song with Miley Cyrus. He actually stood out to me right away and I feel he fits Gale perfectly.

The actor who plays Peeta however- he looked familiar; (he's in Jour..."

lol in the book, Peeta is blonde :D

Jessica haaha thanks Michaela. I was so enthralled by the plot that there were certain parts I felt like I glazed over.

I still don't imagine Peeta that way- his coloring (and the actor, who is very boyish cute) don't match up with his personality in my mind. Like I said, there's just something real mysterious about him that doesn't go with blonde, round-baby-face looks.

message 17: by Elia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elia Kristin wrote: "I agree with Michaela, Cinna looks different in my mind. I totally get the not-seen part of it too. I think the actor will play him well, but we will have to see.
Also, i would like to adress the J..."

REALLY, because the reason I was not sure about Josh is because to me, his face is too boyish for what I pictured Peeta... how weird.

Michaela lol Elia and Jessica, that's so funny because I always imagined him looking more baby-faced than the actor does lol :D

Jordan Yeah it's weird how we picture people differently in our heads when we read but then when actors play the parts they become how you think of the character... at least for me :) but I love the cast even though they look different from what I imagined

Christie Peeta wasn't what I expected, but I try to keep an open mind.

message 21: by Dee (last edited Mar 01, 2012 06:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Jordan wrote: "Yeah it's weird how we picture people differently in our heads when we read but then when actors play the parts they become how you think of the character... at least for me :) but I love the cast ..."

Actually so far after watching a movie that is based on a book, I don't picture the actors when I re-read. Like the Twilight books, I don't picture Rob Pattinson or Kristen Stewart when I read them again. Which I'm happy about, the characters I picture are always better than any actor they can pick lol.

message 22: by Elia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elia Jordan wrote: "Yeah it's weird how we picture people differently in our heads when we read but then when actors play the parts they become how you think of the character... at least for me :) but I love the cast ..."

Agreed - a great example for me is Hermione in the Harry Potter series. When I first saw Emma Watson I thought "Are you KIDDING me?!" I thought she was too cute to play the awkwardness of Hermione, but after the movies now I CAN'T not picture Emma when I read the books =D

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

i love alll of theeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

message 24: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth I think they are all great. None of the actors look at all like what i imagined but i doubt my interpretation matched what Collins had in mind so i wasn't expecting them to fit anyway. Besides, Collins was involved in the casting so if they're cool with her they're cool with me.

I think that Josh Hutcherson will be a really good Peeta. He's a good actor and has a real passion for the character so i have faith. Plus have you seen that jawline?? Nuff said!

As long as they are true to the characters i have absolutely no issue.

Jordan Beth wrote: "I think they are all great. None of the actors look at all like what i imagined but i doubt my interpretation matched what Collins had in mind so i wasn't expecting them to fit anyway. Besides, Col..."

I agree with that last part... That's what matters most to me. It's the characters' personalities, who they are, that I love and so as long as that is still there I can really handle anything.

Pamela Beth wrote: "I think they are all great. None of the actors look at all like what i imagined but i doubt my interpretation matched what Collins had in mind so i wasn't expecting them to fit anyway. Besides, Col..."

Agreed Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. OMG :)
Can't wait to see the movie!!!!!!!!

Jessica I think Josh Hutcherson is going to be an amazing Peeta!! I've watched a ton of interviews with him about the movie and he was stoked to get the part which only implies that he poured his heart and soul into it.

Not to mention that handsome face and beautiful body.

message 28: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth Jordan wrote: "Beth wrote: "I think they are all great. None of the actors look at all like what i imagined but i doubt my interpretation matched what Collins had in mind so i wasn't expecting them to fit anyway...."

In complete agreement. I was a little worried at first that the actors being so young, would attempt be be all super cool and end up stuffing it up. But i agree with Jessica also, in all his interviews Hutch has stated that he has connected with the character and wished to be as true to him as possible and so has Jennifer Lawrence so i feel ok about it. If they mess with the characters though i think i'll cry.

message 29: by Bea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bea I honestly have to disagree, there were some actors I didn't find "perfect" for the role, but they're who Collins had in mind so I'm hioping for the best..

Haidi I must be the only person who doesn't find Josh Hutcherson that attractive! Liam Hemsworth on the other hand...

Amanda I don't think there is one actor that I disliked when I heard the casting. I think they all fit the characters that were in my head really really well. Now I just can't wait to see them actually acting it all out. Even from the trailers the settings look perfect as well. I particularly love Woody Harrelson as Haymitch.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

message 32: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth Haidi wrote: "I must be the only person who doesn't find Josh Hutcherson that attractive! Liam Hemsworth on the other hand..."

I realised the other day that his jawline makes his face. Once you figure that out his actual face loses its charm. Its almost sad.

I understand the Liam Hemsworth thing, cause he's fiine!! It must be an aussie thing :P

message 33: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Erin wrote: "Who else loves the cast!?!? Please if you hate the cast dont go on and on about it! This is for people who like the cast! I think they did an amazing job and I wouldn't change a thing! If you guys ..."

I LOVE THE CAST! Especcialy Gale and Cinna. Rue is perfect!