Time Travel discussion

Group Announcements & Tutorials > We keep growing, and growing . . .

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
I recently sent out a group message and realized that we now have 400 members in our group. I love it. When I first joined the group, there was only about 100 members. I want to thank everyone who has helped make this such an awesome group, and especially Amy for creating the group and getting it started.

message 2: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
And congratulations to Jennifer Novotny for being our 400th member. I feel like we should give her a prize or something.

message 3: by Tej (new)

Tej (theycallmemrglass) | 1725 comments Mod
She wouldnt believe you, John! She would just think its one of those automated msgs we get on lots of websites tellingbus we are the one millionth visitor ;)

Thanks Amy for creating this group and to you John for being a great mod and caretaker.

message 4: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
If you look at the group member listing, you can order them by the date they joined the group. It says Jennifer joined on March 1, making her the official 400th group member.

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 871 comments Good tip for other moderators, John - mind if I post it in the Moderator's Group?

And congrats! Y'all are doing a great job!

message 6: by Aloha (new)

Aloha Congratulations!

message 7: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "Good tip for other moderators, John - mind if I post it in the Moderator's Group?

And congrats! Y'all are doing a great job!"

Feel free, Cheryl.

message 8: by Carl (new)

Carl  Ashmore (carlashmore) | 119 comments Congrats John and Amy :)

message 9: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
Thank you Carl. How is the new book coming? I can't wait.

message 10: by Carl (new)

Carl  Ashmore (carlashmore) | 119 comments Well, I hope you've uploaded the revised version of TH1. It is available now and it's seven thousand words longer.

I'm actually scribbling some of TH3 at the moment. It could take some time, this one. Let's just say it's the only book that I know that features The Beatles, the 1938 Nazi expedition to Tibet and the real secret of the Sphinx :)

message 11: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
How did I not know about the revised version of TH1? Oh, my gosh. I'm SO excited. This will help me get through the dry spell as a wait for TH3. Keep up the great work.

message 12: by Carl (new)

Carl  Ashmore (carlashmore) | 119 comments I hope to, my friend.

message 13: by Tej (new)

Sane here! I thought your were kidding about rewriting the first book, Carl, I recall we jeered you about it...now it looks like you have the last laugh...I now humbly seek the revised edition on Kindle :)

message 14: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
Wow. I step away from the group for a couple of months and we've jumped to 414 members? Thanks for keeping everything running so smoothly, John & Tej.

message 15: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
No problem, Amy. Welcome back.

message 16: by Paul (new)

Paul Jones (paulantonyjones) | 32 comments Ha! You think 400 is good? Wait until this time next year ... trust me, I've been there ;)

message 17: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
Paul, we started out in 2008 and really had nothing much going on for quite a while until we turned it into a reading club during the last year. I tried to model our turn-around on the success of the Apocalypse Anywhere group after it turned into a reading club. Funny how that worked out in our favor with a website full of readers. ;-)

message 18: by Paul (last edited Apr 09, 2012 09:27PM) (new)

Paul Jones (paulantonyjones) | 32 comments Amy wrote: "Paul, we started out in 2008 and really had nothing much going on for quite a while until we turned it into a reading club during the last year. I tried to model our turn-around on the success of t..."

Hey Amy ... that was my sad attempt at time travel humor. I'll just stick to what I know in the future (pardon the pun). Time travel seems to be a severely under appreciated genre; it's good to see such a strong representation here.

P.

message 19: by Tej (new)

Welcome back, Amy!

message 20: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
Hey Amy ... that was my sad attempt at time travel humor.

Ha. I so didn't get that. I thought you meant you've seen a forum group take off quickly in one year before. Duh. Next time, you'll apparently have to add a rimshot for me.

message 21: by Paul (new)

Paul Jones (paulantonyjones) | 32 comments Amy wrote: "Hey Amy ... that was my sad attempt at time travel humor.

Ha. I so didn't get that. I thought you meant you've seen a forum group take off quickly in one year before. Duh. Next time, you'll appare..."

:) I'll just stick to what I know from now on. Four hundred is great by the way, but I'm quite sure the group will keep growing.

message 22: by Ken (new)

Ken Magee Congratulations to us - we time travellers need to stick together!

message 23: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
I'm glad that you're so excited about this group, Carol. Feel free to dive right into our conversations!

message 24: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
Carol: I checked your profile and notice that you're a time travel writer. Be sure to introduce yourself and your books in the Time Travel Books By Members discussion section. Next time we nominate a group member book for our book club selection, don't be shy about nominating yours. :-)

message 25: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Logan (katherinellogan) | 11 comments Carol, can you direct me to the Time Travel Books by Members discussion section? Thanks so much

message 26: by John, Moderator in Memory (new)

John | 834 comments Mod
Here you go Katherine.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

message 27: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Logan (katherinellogan) | 11 comments Thanks John. I'll go there this morning!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

No surprise. This group is amazing. :-)

message 29: by Louise (new)

Louise | 9 comments Someone was the number 727 but did not liked it. Now we are again 726. Maybe is a bad luck number :)