Addicted to YA discussion

Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3)
This topic is about Bitterblue
Series > Bitterblue

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Mar 02, 2012 06:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I'm pretty sure that Bitterblue (The Seven Kingdoms, #3) by Kristin Cashore is scheduled to be out sometime this spring, (May 1st, I belive) and I'm really excited to read it. How about everyone else?

Nila | 139 comments I heard it was WAY more connfusing than the other two were.

message 3: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Jun 09, 2012 04:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Weird, I thought it hadn't come out yet...

message 4: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
On GR is says that its coming out May 1st but there might be some ARCs

Nila | 139 comments There's a book giveaway for it. I can't wait to read this to see if it lives up to Graceling and Fire

Kayla  | 46 comments I loved Graceling and Fire, I can't wait to read Bitterblue!

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 24, 2012 07:59PM) (new)

Wait, I don't get this series... I'm in the middle of Graceling now, and I was already looking forward to reading more books about Katsa, but as far as I understand Fire and Bitterblue are about different people, just in the same world.. Is Graceling the only book with Katsa? Is her story even relevant to the other (no spoilertrolls please)? Do we get to hear from her again? I love Katsa.. And Po! Oh my god, Po!

message 8: by Noor (new) - added it

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Andrea wrote: "Wait, I don't get this series... I'm in the middle of Graceling now, and I was already looking forward to reading more books about Katsa, but as far as I understand Fire and Bitterblue are about d..."

OMG UR RIGHT! I always assumed Bitterblue was about Bitterblue katsa and Po but OMG IT SEEMS LIKE IT ISNT!!!!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Andrea wrote: "Wait, I don't get this series... I'm in the middle of Graceling now, and I was already looking forward to reading more books about Katsa, but as far as I understand Fire and Bitterblue are about d..."

Yeah, no, you're right Fire and Bitterblue aren't about Katsa and Po. I'm reading Fire now and it's about a girl named Fire. They haven't even mentioned Katsa or Po. They mention Gracelings, though, but only in the first chapter. I dont know about Bitterblue, though, it seems it is about Bitterblue, the little girl in Graceling who became the Queen of Monsea. I don't know, though.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Anne wrote: "Yeah, no, you're right Fire and Bitterblue aren't about Katsa and Po. I'm reading Fire now and it's about a girl named Fire. They haven't even..."

I hadn't come to the part with Bitterblue when I posted the previous post (I've finished it now), so the story in Graceling is probably gonna be relavent in Bitterblue. Hopefully, if Cashore is not a total douche, we might get to meet them again! God, they will be like 26-27 years old, weird to think about. And HEY, maybe they finally got married!

description

delaney I preordered it on Amazon and I'm just utterly thrilled and not patient until I get it!!!!

message 12: by cy (new) - added it

cy lol, i should probably do that :)

delaney Cy wrote: "lol, i should probably do that :)"

Now I have to wait patiently

message 14: by cy (new) - added it

cy yeah I can't do that, I check the mailbox everyday just in case the fairies came early ;)

message 15: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cy wrote: "yeah I can't do that, I check the mailbox everyday just in case the fairies came early ;)"

Same! I tried preordering once and the book ended up coming a few days after it was released and I was checking the mailbox every day so when I finally got it I was so impatient about reading it I finished it in one day.

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments C.H.O.M.P wrote: "I preordered it on Amazon and I'm just utterly thrilled and not patient until I get it!!!!"

I preordered too! I'm so excited for May 1, but with my luck it won't be coming until, like, May 10.

delaney Anne wrote: "C.H.O.M.P wrote: "I preordered it on Amazon and I'm just utterly thrilled and not patient until I get it!!!!"

I preordered too! I'm so excited for May 1, but with my luck it won't be coming until,..."

I know. The thrill of WAITING!! :(

message 18: by cy (new) - added it

cy Erika wrote: "Cy wrote: "yeah I can't do that, I check the mailbox everyday just in case the fairies came early ;)"

Same! I tried preordering once and the book ended up coming a few days after it was released a..."

well guess what happened with my first preordering!
I had been using mums credit card to get it off amazon, then like a week before it was coming out, she changed credit cards, so like 2 weeks later we were wondering why it hadn't come and then we realized because we got a new credit card it had CANCELLED the order!! grrr

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments This book improves (So far) on the first and second book--I love bitterblue so much. She is my favorite character in Graceling.

message 20: by Blue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Blue Panel (BluePanelGirl) | 3 comments Anyone else done yet!? I thought this was a great addition and can't wait to talk about it!

message 21: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Just started this and so far I like Graceling and Fire better but I'm not even half way through yet.

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I love it so much!

message 23: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited May 05, 2012 07:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Its getting a lot better and I love Saf so far...

message 24: by Annabel ♥ (last edited May 06, 2012 06:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Right now, I'm really hating Saf!!! and I loved him at first!

message 25: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) I finished it! It wasn't as good as Graceling but I did like it better than Fire!

message 26: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne wrote: "Right now, I'm really hating Saf!!! and I loved him at first!"

What? How can you hate Saf? I loved him even when he was acting like a little kid

delaney ohhh i can't wait to read it but I gotta finish up my library books first! :'(

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Erika wrote: "Anne wrote: "Right now, I'm really hating Saf!!! and I loved him at first!"

What? How can you hate Saf? I loved him even when he was acting like a little kid"

I love him again, he was being a jerk face at the part I was at when I wrote my post above. :)

message 29: by Zoe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoe | 62 comments I'm reading Bitterblue and I hate it. I just started it and I'm already considering abandoning it. It's just boring.

message 30: by Blue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Blue Panel (BluePanelGirl) | 3 comments Saf started out so strong and then just got so whiny. His behavior was annoying. I just wanted to shake him so we would wake up and realize how childish he was being. He redeemed himself slightly at the end.

I am going to stand by my convictions that Bitterblue needs to turn her attention to Giddon!

message 31: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoe *What doesn't kill you makes you stronger* wrote: "I'm reading Bitterblue and I hate it. I just started it and I'm already considering abandoning it. It's just boring."

That's how I thought for about the first few chapters but it does get a lot better!

Anne wrote: "Erika wrote: "Anne wrote: "Right now, I'm really hating Saf!!! and I loved him at first!"

What? How can you hate Saf? I loved him even when he was acting like a little kid"

I love him again, he w..."

ok that makes more sense!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Finished, absolutely AMAZING!

Valerie Hunt | 5 comments I can't wait to read this. I was a huge fan of Graceling, but not so much of Fire. I hope Bitterblue is better.

message 34: by Shae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) In case it wasn't clarified above, Graceling is about Katsa and Po. Fire is about Fire about forty years or so BEFORE the time of Graceling. And Bitterblue is eight years AFTER Graceling. Katsa and Po do appear in the book, but this is Bitterblue's story, obviously.

I reviewed the book here: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012... (it's good, you should read it!), but one thing I kind of skirted around there is how much I REALLY didn't like Saf.

Bah, Saf. Go Giddon!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments how could you not like Saf? for a while in the book he acted like a huge jerk,but in the end I loved him,he is right for Bitterblue.I didn't like,however,the fact that Giddon was almost completely forgotten at the end of the book.There was always a vibe between Giddon and Bitterblue,even if Saf is perfect for her. I don't see Bitterblue as romantic as Katsa or Fire;she's not the type of person I would think of being in a (kind-of) romance novel.

message 36: by Shae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) He wasn't right for her. He was a volatile pigheaded idiot. He wasn't in love with her. She needs someone solid, someone she can legitimately count on. She needs a fellow ruler, someone comfortable with responsibility, NOT someone who gets into random fights because he has all the self-restraint of a two-year-old.

message 37: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Saf does love Bitterblue that's why he was hurt by all her secrets and him getting into fights all the time makes him Saf! Saf is perfect for Bitterblue even if you has some issues but no one is perfect

message 38: by Shae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) No one is perfect, but Giddon is dang closer than Saf, especially for a wise and mature queen.

message 39: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shelver wrote: "No one is perfect, but Giddon is dang closer than Saf, especially for a wise and mature queen."

I feel like Giddon would be too old for Bitterblue but maybe that's just me and I'm imagining him way older than he actually is. I do love Giddon but I can't see him with Bitterblue I see him as more of a close friend...

Kal G I finished this book!!! It did seem though that Saf and Bitterblue were meant to be together. Some people think that it shouldn've been Giddon but how the hell does that make sense? Giddon is over 30 years of age! 30!!! Saf is a lot more of a logical partner, but I never said I truly liked him. He was okay but a little unforgiving. Oh well...

Missy (missy_aurora) I got an even more negative vive about the romance in this one than I did in Graceling and Fire. Bitterblue states from the start that she has No interest but we also see this in Graceling but yet with Kat and Po in Bitterblue we see them kissing and making out and also references to this. This romance no romance makes me upset, possibly because I'm used to love triangles now.anayway

Bitterblue was confusing! yes the cryptic writing was fun but all the questions without answers were lame sorry. Its like Bitterblue has no clue about anything, but you would think she would at least step out of the castle some times? Saf's character was intersting but lost steam after the first hundred or so pages.

Thoughs about Cashore's mistake with Po? This made me upset at the end of Graceling but now looking back I see what a mistake it is to make him blind and then use his grace (mind reading) to compensate for this. Mind reading does not compensate for blindness! I need to reread Graceling now because I'm really confused about how this all ties together.

message 42: by Chelsea (last edited Jul 20, 2012 12:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) I think that Bitterblue is my favourite character, I love that she is strong even though she doesnt have and gifts or graces like Kasta or Fire. She seems the strongest considering all that.
I am kind of leaning over the fence with Saf's and BB relationship-if that makes any sense, because of what he did to BB, it is understandable but he just seams a bit... wishywashy for the lack of a better word. I liked him but I wouldn't say I love him, not like Po or Brigan.
And of course I really like Death, I love his character and I love LoveJoy. Death is the best librarian I have ever heard of- seriously!
I also love how the 'Graceling realm' is tied together, at first I was a little confused but after some though I understood how it fitted together. I like how mostly everything is in one books, so you get closure and I love how you still get to read about the previous charaters in the other books.

message 43: by Nila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nila | 139 comments This book was awesome! Bitterblue grows up in a way that no one would expect from a girl of her age. She goes through so many problems but is very strong throughout all of them. She tries to be there for the people she loves and with constantly trying to do the right thing for her kingdom, she forgets about herself most of the time. I LOVED the weird twist at the end with the surprise visitors and it was fun to see some old characters again... :P

Rachel Antzak Did anyone else feel that Bitterblue should have had feelings for Lord Giddon by the end of the book?

I guess since it was pretty obvious to me that Saf wasn't going to stick around her once he knew she was queen, I saw more potential in developing a relationship with Lord Giddon.

Talyah (sweetchild527) Rachel wrote: "Did anyone else feel that Bitterblue should have had feelings for Lord Giddon by the end of the book?

I guess since it was pretty obvious to me that Saf wasn't going to stick around her once he k..."

I got the same feeling. (view spoiler) She definitely left it open, so it's a possibility. Maybe she wanted us to make up our own minds :)

message 46: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Gavilan (oliviagavilan) | 42 comments I haven't read this book, only Graceling, but does she need to have a romance? I'm sick and tired of everything having to be romantic. Some of my favorite books have absolutely no romance at all.

Courtney | 3 comments This one was good but not my favorite. I really wanted BitterBlue to fall in love with Lord Giddon.

Angela | 9 comments same :D I thought Fire and Lord Giddon were good together :) this ones my favourite out of all of the three

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved this book! In my opinion, it's the best in the series - I love codes and mysteries! I wish Bitterblue and Saf could have gotten together.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bitterblue (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kristin Cashore (other topics)