Addicted to YA discussion

Awakened (House of Night, #8)
This topic is about Awakened
179 views
Series > Awakened

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
Thoughts?


message 2: by Noor (new) - added it

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments I stopped here I haven't read Destined. I mean I think this was my first YA series?? So my taste was different! I have read much better books and as I grow older I find I don't enjoy the books as much! Yeah there fast paced and I get hooked really fast and end up reading till like 4am but once I'm done I don't really go back and think about what's going to happen. I'm not dying for the next ones. I am still going to read the rest of series. I wanna know what happens at the end!

SPOILER!!!:

Heath is back?!! NOOO!! I mean I love Stark! Heath can't come back! I am intrigued to see what his character will be like and if Zoey will fall for him and him for her and if once again Zoey is going to juggle boyfriends.

I shall read Destined soon. So I'll find out.

I can't remember right but I think Zoey's Grandma was killed? Right by Neferet?? Not sure but I remember whoever Neferet killed I was very unhappy!!!


message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
No her grandma is fine her mother was killed though!


Anna | 300 comments Erika - you're serious about this thread?!! They are fairly forgetable and pretty much interchangeable...


message 5: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 23, 2012 01:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
I used to love these books and I've read them more then once mostly because these are one of the first YA series I've read and I used to reread these books all the time because I hadn't read anything better at that time...


message 6: by Noor (new) - added it

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Exactly what happened with me Erika - I did nt reread I just had nothing better to read and I was inexperienced! :)


message 7: by Ela (last edited Apr 19, 2012 07:22AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela I cannot beleive that they brought Heath back! He's dead dammit, he's meant to stay dead! Way to drag out a series.


Anna | 300 comments They fill in time...

To be fair Heath's not that special - they bring everyone back-not just him.
Noor - you seriously think there will be an 'end'?


message 9: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela They may have and end in mind but it certainly isn't in sight!


Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments Ela wrote: "I cannot beleive that they brought Heath back! He's dead dammit, he's meant to stay dead! Way to drag out a series."

I agree. The story is dragging. And I kinda hate Heath. He's like, so obsessed over Zoey. It doesn't feel like he's in love with her. And when will Zoey stop obsessing over boys?! Seriously, I'd love this series if she wasn't such a slut.


Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments I cannot stand Heath. Move on!!! She's got like a gazillion other guys!!! One of my friends likes him and I'm like.... WHY???????
He has nothing to contribute to the story, he's weak[not because he's a human but as a character], he's constantly getting in the way, he only proves Zoey to be the annoying little damsel in distress for Stark, did I miss anything?


Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Oh and I felt the discussion deserved this apt little quote:
"Let me guess. Stark's another guy isn't he?"


message 13: by Anna (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna | 300 comments quite!


message 14: by dasuni (new)

dasuni | 21 comments Noor wrote: "I stopped here I haven't read Destined. I mean I think this was my first YA series?? So my taste was different! I have read much better books and as I grow older I find I don't enjoy the books as m..."

would you please put spoiler alerts it would help thanks


message 15: by dasuni (new)

dasuni | 21 comments Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Oh and I felt the discussion deserved this apt little quote:
"Let me guess. Stark's another guy isn't he?""


i know right zoey is insanely surrounded by guys and they all fall for her she only has like one guy friend everyone else is in love with her its a little insane


Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments dasuni wrote: "Noor wrote: "I stopped here I haven't read Destined. I mean I think this was my first YA series?? So my taste was different! I have read much better books and as I grow older I find I don't enjoy t..."

Well she's wrong, Neferet didn't kill Zoey's grandma.
So no blood no foul.


Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments dasuni wrote: "Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Oh and I felt the discussion deserved this apt little quote:
"Let me guess. Stark's another guy isn't he?""

i know right zoey is insanely surrounded by guys an..."


Not to forget that 2 of them are gay and 1 is Aphrodite's. So that leaves....oh surprise surprise, NOBODY.


message 18: by Ela (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ela Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Oh and I felt the discussion deserved this apt little quote:
"Let me guess. Stark's another guy isn't he?""


Perfectly placed quote! Loved it!! :D


message 19: by Fatima (new)

Fatima Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "I cannot stand Heath. Move on!!! She's got like a gazillion other guys!!! One of my friends likes him and I'm like.... WHY???????
He has nothing to contribute to the story, he's weak[not because h..."

Contains Spoilers:
I knowwww!!! Gaaaaah i wish he would stay dead!! I was practically happy dancing when he died in tempted and thought that maybe Zoey can have less boy issues on her shoulder but when they brought him back i was like: "WHAAAAAAAAT???!?! ARE f-ing KIDDING ME?!?!" I still love the series though and i can't wait for Hidden


Crystal Elizabeth | 41 comments I read this book so long ago, and stopped reading after this. I felt the series was just dragging on. Has anyone continued and been happy with it?


Miranda | 7 comments I can't get through the latest book. I've read three or four other books since starting it and still haven't gone back to it. It's not even holding my interest! I really want to love it but I'm kind of sick of it! Is this because it sucks or too-many-books-in-a-series syndrome??


message 22: by Melody (new)

Melody | 11 comments Anna wrote: "Erika - you're serious about this thread?!! They are fairly forgetable and pretty much interchangeable..."

I agree, this was so disappointing. I finished with the first book and I didn't even bother buying the others. I just didn't like it. It annoyed me and .... I didn't like it.


back to top