Barbara Delinsky Reading Group and Q&A discussion

Heartfelt thanks from Barbara!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Barbara (barbaradelinsky) | 33 comments Mod
Here we are at the last official day of this group. My thanks to all of you for visiting with me over the past two weeks. I hope you've enjoyed "Family Tree." My next book, "The Secret Between Us," will be out on January 22, 2008. You can read all about it on my website at http://www.barbaradelinsky.com. You can also send me notes through the site. Please identify yourself as a Goodreads friend, so that I can send you a special thanks.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

message 2: by Libby (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Libby Kuntz | 9 comments I had a great time participating in this group. I've never done this before. I've wanted to talk about the books that I've read and was glad for the chance to do so. I've already read the first chapter of "The Secret Between Us" and am looking forward to its publication. (I'm never very good at waiting, though. My husband has teased me for years around Christmas, making me wait for "the day".) I was glad for the sneak preview. I always like hints.
In answer to an earlier question: if I were to vote for a sequel, I'd vote for a sequel to "The Passions of Chelsea Kane". I loved the characters in this town. I wanted to see how Hunter grew and settled in with his new connections, how things developed with Donna and Nolan, how things grew between Judd and Chelsea. I enjoyed living in Norwich Notch so much. It was a great world. Thanks, Barbara, for the hard work you do to give us these great books.

message 3: by Vicki (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

Vicki | 4 comments Thank you very much for the opportunity both to Barbara and to Goodreads for the book discussion. This is a first for me and I've enjoyed this very much.
It was wonderful to have such a good book to work with.
A side note, my woman's book club pick for this month is "The Family Tree." Can't wait to share Barbara's questions and insights with the group.

message 4: by Gretchen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Gretchen | 8 comments Thank you so much for opening your life and heart to us, your readers. I know no other author who would do this. LOVE all your books--but especially Three Wishes!
Blessings to you and your family.
Gretchen

message 5: by Mom (new)

Mom | 1 comments I am a new member, just joined today, I love your books, and am pleased to hear there is a new book this month! I read the Family Tree and enjoyed it. Having been married to a man of color, for 47 years, I have heard lots of comments on mixed marriages, and so enjoyed the book. Looking forward to reading the latest.
Thanks, Frances

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa This is my first book I've read by you. I picked up this book for 2 reasons. 1)I'm a genealogist and 2)a mother of 2 biracial children I thought the book would be interesting on both accounts.
I picked up the book New Year's weekend and within a week & a half I was done reading it. That's quick for me. I really enjoyed the book a lot. The whole dynamic of the book was good, you did a GREAT job with this book. I look forward to reading more books by you.

message 7: by BookDigger (new)

BookDigger Oh by golly!!! A sequel to "The Passions of Chelsea Kane", the thought of it makes me weep. That book is my absolute FAVORITE and I completely and totally agree. (can you sense my enthusiasm?)