This topic is about Marked
Series > Marked

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5299 comments Mod
Thoughts?

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily Blake (emilyblake) Is this the first one? I can't remember. Anyway, I could barely finish it and I won't be reading the rest of the series.

Olivia (olivia1395) I loved it:)

Marisol | 18 comments This was a good book.

message 5: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

I loved the books but I know a couple of my friends read it and didn't like it. One of my friends didn't even finish. You either love this book or hate it...

message 6: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 121 comments I have the entire series on my bookshelf but have yet to start. I'm looking forward to the series. I try to read every book with an open mind and no expectations so I don't get disappointed, but I'm sure I will enjoy the book(s).

Jenia | 69 comments I loved this series, i own most of them but recent one

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't like it. A bit to immature for my taste. Not all teenagers talk like airheads, but in this book they do. In my opinion :)

An 0 stars for this book. I hated it, and didn't even finish it. The rituals really got on my nerves, as a Catholic.

Cyndi (cyndilouwho323) This book SUCKED. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the HON series, but this one was so hard to get into, Zoey was entirely too immature, and there was practically no plot. The ones that followed were much better, but I despised the first one.

message 11: by Lexi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lexi (readinglush) I'll be honest, the first time I read this book I thought it was great and I read on until the fourth one. Then the vampire graze hit and I left it alone. When I came back to it this year, I didn't like it as much because it felt a little too juvenile for my taste.

message 12: by Anna (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna | 300 comments Well 'dang my thang y'all'. Irritating dialogue; narrative is strung out to make as much money as possible - and it backtracks once they realise they can get a few more books out of a scenario; gratuitous sex scenes; they're still learning how to write 1st person narrative; juvenile characters; a ridiculous number of love interests; unconvincing story arc...so I keep asking myself why am I still reading them?!! Stevie-Rae/Rephaim and a kind of morbid curiosity - there's a place for reading trashy books sometimes!

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Oh yeah the Stevie Rae-Rephaim thing is one of the few original story arcs..

message 14: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela But knowing the HoN books I'll probably just end up hating rephaim because they just drag it out so much! they need to know when to stop.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Rephaim's actually pretty likeable so far. Makes me willing to bear Stevie Rae which is saying something.

message 16: by Ela (last edited Apr 10, 2012 08:40AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela Oh I quite like Stevie Ray, she's sweet and I like the fact that for the first books she dosen't just go on about boys like the others do.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Ela wrote: "Oh I quite like Stevie Ray, she's sweet and I like the fact that for the first books she dosen't just go on about boys like the others do."

Lets highlight first few shall we...:D
I liked Loren too...That doesn't mean I still do...

Rachael | 21 comments I half wonder with this series if PC Cast just tagged on her name and her daughter wrote it. Some of the things in it I'm suprised a mother would condone writing (for example the zillion of boyfriends Zoey has by the second book including the older guy.

I own the first and second books but I've only read the first one. Not really my cup of tea.

message 19: by Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* (last edited May 11, 2012 08:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Actually.... Kristen got married around the time...what? The 5th or 6th book came out??? So the next 3 is only PC and Kristen's name is tagged on.
But I may be wrong.

message 20: by Anna (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna | 300 comments Yeh my impression is that PC Cast writes most of them and Kristen does the 'teenspeak'. There is a different 'voice' in some of the later books.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Teenspeak? Do we really talk like that?

message 22: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

I hope I don't talk like that and I'm pretty sure if I did start talking like that everyone would look at me funny...

spazchild14 | 108 comments i loved this book and i still haven't finished the series, but i need to this summer!

Vrushali (vrushali_m) | 43 comments dumb plots...overstretched....and the 'teentalk' was irritating......the love intrests do not make any sense.....

message 25: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Street (alicia_street) I wasn't crazy over these either. I usually don't mind when I can see an author consciously dragging out and teasing with a plot element, but I found myself getting annoyed here. Maybe because I don't really like the heroine.

message 26: by Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* (last edited May 16, 2012 11:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Nobody does, @Alicia.

message 27: by Anna (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna | 300 comments Agreed - I like Aphrodite, Stevie Rae, and Rephaim - or at least I did until (view spoiler)

message 28: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Well that Marked sounds very disappointing. I haven't read it or any of the series yet. I like young adult books, but get frustrated when the teens are too immature or too angst driven. Sounds like this one will irritate me all around.

message 29: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela Erika wrote: "I hope I don't talk like that and I'm pretty sure if I did start talking like that everyone would look at me funny..."

Agreed, I don't know what teens they have meet...

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Laura wrote: "Well that Marked sounds very disappointing. I haven't read it or any of the series yet. I like young adult books, but get frustrated when the teens are too immature or too angst driven. Sounds l..."

It's not disappointing as a plot in the beginning. In fact, this had a more promising plot than a lot of YA 1st-books-in-a-series I've read. It's only certain things that are annoying. Most of us here have stuck with the series and read all 9. So there ARE good things about it. [Frankly I read it for James Stark <3] We just like to hate on the heroine and the writing and a couple of other things.
But...don't go by our judgement. It's a very find-out-for-yourself thing about this series.

message 31: by Rebekkah (last edited Jun 14, 2012 08:13AM) (new)

Rebekkah Ford | 50 comments My mom read the series and went on and on about it, so I decided to give it a try. . . It's not too bad. I really like Aphrodite. I love her sarcasm. She cracks me up. :)

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Aphrodite is one of the better characters in the series...:D

Annabelle | 6 comments i read this and quite a few in the series but frankly didn't like it. maybe it's the lack of fidelity. I'm a teen myself and i do not have such issues nor do i speak like that. twitch. i don't really swear either, personally, but but that girl takes it too far until its a tad exaggerated and unbelievable. no offence meant to fans but i can't like Zoey

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments I agree. I swear very rarely myself, only when severely provoked. But as a principle, I don't like to. But the 'dang' really got on my nerves. That's not even that BAD a swear anyways...

message 35: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "I agree. I swear very rarely myself, only when severely provoked. But as a principle, I don't like to. But the 'dang' really got on my nerves. That's not even that BAD a swear anyways..."

What annoyed me SO much was when the twins would go one step further, putting 'dang' and 'thang' in the same sentence. OMGosh that was so iraatating!!!! Does anyone actually speak like that!!

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Ela wrote: "Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "I agree. I swear very rarely myself, only when severely provoked. But as a principle, I don't like to. But the 'dang' really got on my nerves. That's not even t..."

Apparently Kristen Cast. Does she even count as adding a 'teen viewpoint'??? She's like married and stuff! In her mid 20's at the least!

message 37: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Ela wrote: "Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "I agree. I swear very rarely myself, only when severely provoked. But as a principle, I don't like to. But the 'dang' really got on my nerves. That'..."

Exactly maybe she should start using regular language like the rest of humanity (well most of it anyway ;P)

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Ela wrote: "Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Ela wrote: "Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "I agree. I swear very rarely myself, only when severely provoked. But as a principle, I don't like to. But the ..."

Lol!!! But honestly, are you planning to read Hidden?
I probably will since it'll have Stark but... I'm not to psyched about it.

message 39: by Ela (last edited Jun 23, 2012 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela Hmmm, I probably will, it's like a bad habit I can't seem to quit and to be honest coming on here and trashing it after is so much fun! I did think the most recent one reached new levels of awfulness though, so I'm kind of dreading it if that makes any sense.
But I'm definately not buying any more, won't support this blatant 'in it for the money wrting'

Winnie G (thebookassassin) | 36 comments There are so many books to this series tht I just stopped all together ._."

Harmony | 13 comments I lost track of which book I was on

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Ela wrote: "Hmmm, I probably will, it's like a bad habit I can't seem to quit and to be honest coming on here and trashing it after is so much fun! I did think the most recent one reached new levels of awfulne..."

Hidden is out soon right?
I haven't read Destined yet. I'm not sure. Whichever 1 was the latest 1 to come out.

message 43: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela Yeah I think that was the last one out...It really annoyed me they are just taking it to new level of repetition!
Not sure sure when Hidden is out, I'm hoping if I don't know about it it wont happen...

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Nono... I'm following PC Cast on GR. Idk why but yeah. so a couple of days back I remember a blog post or something about the hidden cover. It was a girl on the cover. AGAIN.

message 45: by Fatima (new)

Fatima I was kind of hesitant to start reading this series but I was so wrong and I'm so glad that I gave it a shot!!! Marked was an amazing book. I loved the the vampire mythology and the world they live in!! Stevie Rae is my favorite character and I love Aphrodite.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4586 comments This was one of the WORST books that I have ever read!

Jamile (jamilemsilva) | 47 comments nah idk
sometimes i love it
sometimes i hate it

i got through till the 7th books but then i could take no more and quit it altogether
i got irritated with zoey's guy crazy behavior hahahah and we all thought aphrodite was the one who got around.
anyway, i have mixed feelings over this book in particular. it depends on my mood.

message 48: by Polly❤Skuxxie❤ (last edited Nov 13, 2012 05:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Polly❤Skuxxie❤ Queen Polly  (Polly_Pouligoodreadscom) | 3 comments OMG!!! I ❤ all the sets it's amazing!! Tho it is sometimes off a twist off zone story to read! But I have all the book sets'! ❤Like it or not Zoe needs to pick her bf or what-Eva to "choose wisely" and to trust her instincts don't listen to others ❤

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I love the entire series!

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 188 comments I have to admit I almost put this one down. But I gave it the courtesy of my five chapter rule. And I am so very glad I did! The House of Night series is one of my fave three! I am impressed with Zoey's transformation into a woman it is a gut wrenching journey at times. I have laughed, cried and been truly upset and beside myself at different times in The House of Night Series . I have read every book. I pre order always because it's a must have for me! I absolutely LOVED it!

« previous 1