Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
This topic is about Graceling
Series > Graceling

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5211 comments Mod
Thoughts?

message 2: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Mar 01, 2012 01:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I absolutely loved it!!! I can't wait for Bitterblue, the third book, which will be out in April!!

This is the link to Bitterblue:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...

Sierra (bookishpeach) | 6 comments I don't have much to add... except for I loved it too! It has a spot in my 'favorites' shelf already :). I loved Po and Bitterblue and I'm excited for her book to come out next :)

Jack | 113 comments It was better than Fire.

message 5: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1543 comments Mod
I loved Gracling but idk the fire blurb just didn't seem interesting to me though the new book bitterblue has totally grabbed my attention! Do I have to read fire to read bitterblue though? Ik stupid questions since that pretty much how a series of books work :/

I love the relationship that Po and um... Whatsherface? The main character lol who's skill isn't to kill but to survive? Yeah her I live them cause she's all über badass and he's gentle and loving with her and can read minds/tell if they're lying?

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katsa?

And to answer your question about reading Fire. It says on the back of my Fire book that it features a teaser for the sequel to Graceling and the companion to Fire- Bitterblue. I'm not sure if that helps but in Fire you get to learn where Leck came from. I'm still reading Fire and so far it's like a completely different world.

Caitlin (elspethgordie) | 8 comments IS THIS WORTH READING?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I read Fire first, just cause I ordered both and that one arrived before Graceling did. You don't have to read them in order, and to be honest I preferred Fire to Graceling, although I loved them both, and can't wait for Bitterblue. If you've read Graceling and enjoyed it, I'd say DEFINITELY read Fire.

message 9: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

I agree with Ash. Fire is really good!

message 10: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leck... Was he the pretty much evil king with the eye patch? Who just kinda showed up and the king and queen adopted him?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "Leck... Was he the pretty much evil king with the eye patch? Who just kinda showed up and the king and queen adopted him?"

Yup, thats him.

Sarah | 19 comments I loved them both. I can't wait for Bitterblue to come out. Hopefully it won't mention "King Leck." I really hate him...he was just a really creepy, cruel perv. Am I right?

Sierra (bookishpeach) | 6 comments Hey, so I absolutely loved Graceling, and just got Fire... but I accidentally read a summary of it somewhere that was full of spoilers (curses!!) and am now not certain if it's worth reading, especially since none of the characters I love are in the story.

So for those of you who loved Fire... convince me? :)

message 14: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 3 stars

This book is SOOO worth reading!!! Loved it! But I haven't gotten around to reading fire yet :/

Olivia (olivia1395) I loved it! It was amazing. I want to read Fire but haven't yet.

Lorna-Rose Davidson | 5 comments I loved this book and Fire (The Seven Kingdoms, #2) by Kristin Cashore I cannot wait for Bitterblue. I think it's the Buffy complex, I need a killer female protagonist...

Missy (missy_aurora) Loved Graceling! Can't wait for Bitterblue, found Fire to be dry and boring by comparison. Leck isn't really in it much. The beginning is amazing and the end is good but I didn't find myself caring for Fire as much as I did for Katsa and Po.

message 18: by Lexi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexi (readinglush) One of my all-time favorites. Need to read bitterblue! :)

Emily Blake (emilyblake) I just bought this book and it looks amazing. I can't wait to read it!

Webiny Hearing all this great stuff about it, so I might read it. The reason I haven't done so yet is that I got the impression that it was kinda over the top with the whole mystical, pixie dust thing. Was it EXTREMELY sci-fi? If not I'd love to read it.

message 21: by Diana (new)

Diana Murdock | 4 comments I thought it was extremely well written. I loved the characters and the way it was just do-what-ya-gotta do and get-on-with-it attitude. I haven't yet checked out the others, so I'd better add them to my TBR list.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey guys! One of my favorite things to do after finishing a book, is to go on youtube and see what people imagine the "cast" to be like, if they pictured the same people as me. I found this one, it looks really good, in my opinion, except that whoever made it excluded Bitterblue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBBtYI...

I was like
description

message 23: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Apr 07, 2012 06:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Great video Idunsses!
Here would be MY dream cast:

Katsa: Isabelle Furhman
Bitterblue: Elle Fanning
Po: ??? (did it say what Po looked like? idk i read the book a while ago)
that's it for now. I'll have to think about it some more.

I loved "Fire" but not as much as Graceling. Katsa seemed so much stronger, so much more whole, than Fire did.

message 24: by Quia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Quia | 4 comments I loved Graceling as it finally had a female character who didn't actually need a man to take care of her, or get her out of a bind. I think best of all there was no love triangle. Ever since Twilight that's all I see and frankly I am tired of it. Back to Katsa... She knows what she wants! She thinks about it and then does what she needs to do and a lot of ya novels would be a lot shorter if all female characters were like that. Thank goodness for Kristin Cashore, a new favorite!

Elisabeth Wheatley | 5 comments Okay, so this book didn't have a love triangle and that's a huge plus. But I just...dare I say it? Here it goes...I don't like Katsa. At all.

I thought she was a cold-hearted little shrew and I totally disagree with her views on children and marriage and...well, you get the picture. I felt like she was a bit of a bully and she didn't deserve Po.

I guess the bright side is that now we can argue and have a discussion, right? =)

message 26: by Quia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Quia | 4 comments Lol Elizabeth, I like how u think. Maybe I didn't think she was cold hearted at all because I share her views on marriage and children. My mother is European and I was raised to take care of my father and brothers, then get married take care of my husband and then bear his children. To be clear this is not something I ever want for myself. If I was to ever get married it would be as equals. Also I have no desire to have children. I was a nanny, I know how hard it is to raise kids and I could never do that full time. Parents have my respect for the job they do. Case in point we can agree to disagree but I loved Katsa.... Lol

Kal G Cool, I'm on page 21. Slow starting book but nevertheless it must be GOOD because everyone is talking about it.

message 28: by cy (last edited May 08, 2012 04:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy Quia wrote: "I loved Graceling as it finally had a female character who didn't actually need a man to take care of her, or get her out of a bind. I think best of all there was no love triangle. Ever since Twili..."

yes, love triangles, am I right? or am I right? I read Delirium and thought it was okay, but i've heard that the next one (pandemonium has a love triangle in it) don't know if I want to read it, Girls whining on and on about which boy to pick bores me...

Annabelle | 6 comments i loved Graceling and re-read it to bits but Fire didn't seem so good. will read the new books anyway, the author's very talented

message 30: by Ela (last edited Jun 15, 2012 09:08AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela I enjoyed Graceling the Graces were really cool ideas and I liked the twist of Po's grace, particularly liked Bitterblue as a character.

message 31: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle (michelle0613) | 50 comments Just started this book. I hope it can live up to the hype.

Emily (efordice7) | 23 comments Sierra wrote: "Hey, so I absolutely loved Graceling, and just got Fire... but I accidentally read a summary of it somewhere that was full of spoilers (curses!!) and am now not certain if it's worth reading, espec..."

I personally loved Fire a little bit more, because its so great to read about a totally different set of characters and the whole new creative world that Cashore describes! I love the heroine Fire and I love Katsa too but it was so cool to see how different they were but also how alike they were.. does that make any sense? This one was great and it really made Bitterblue so much better too because of the way she links them!

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) I have read all three books of the 'graceling realm' and I honestly love them all soooo much but I liked Graceling just a teeny bit more that Fire and Bitterblue. Graceling just felt right to me. I love Kasta and I love Po, I dont know if that is a completely valid reason but ohhh well. I have very fond memories of read Graceling and I can still imagine impromtu arguements between the characters.'The Graceling Realm' books are amoung my most favourite series- of all time!

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Jack wrote: "It was better than Fire."

agreed

Katie (katiehayoz) | 13 comments I adored Graceling. Liked Fire. Was not crazy about Bitterblue. In my opinion, Graceling is the best of the three. In Bitterblue,I didn't care much about the characters -- Po and Katsa lost their edge and Bitterblue was waaaaay too passive for too long. Still, I do really like this series.

message 36: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

abbey__morine wrote: "I really want to read this book, is it good???"

Its really good. You should really read it!

Betty Jo Pritchett (busylady) | 42 comments I loved Graceling and now I'm thinking that I don't want to read Fire or Bitterblue. I loved the relationship between Katsa and Po. I don't want it to be anything else...especially if they are not the same in Bitterblue. I liked Bitterblue as a character and would like to read a book about just her but not at the expense of my feelings about Katsa and Po.

I think Po has blondish hair and silver and gold eyes. If I'm remembering correctly.

I loved Po...he was my favorite. I liked Katsa as well but was also put off by her refusal to marry. I think it was more a part of her Grace then a reflection of her feelings. Marriage is sometimes counterintuitive to survival so I can see that.

message 38: by Kayterbug (new) - added it

Kayterbug | 6 comments Just Downloaded Graceling to my Kindle Fire.. Excited to start this new series! :)

message 39: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina I absolutely love graceling! I read it about a month ago, but its one of those books that you cant stop thinking about. I loved the characters and the story. It was a fresh orgional story, and i have never read anything similar to it. I cannot wait to read fire and bitterblue

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I really wanted to love Graceling but I just couldn't get through it. Am I the only one who didn't like it?

Courtney | 3 comments I loved this book, it's one that I would read again.

message 42: by Dianne (new) - added it

Dianne (dianne212) | 8 comments All of the comments have convinced me to stop procrastinating and read this! Thanks!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Idunsses wrote: "Hey guys! One of my favorite things to do after finishing a book, is to go on youtube and see what people imagine the "cast" to be like, if they pictured the same people as me. I found this one, it..."

OH. MY. GOODNESS. LOOOOOOVED that casting!!!! Talk about perfect! Um, please? Please make a video! PLEASE!!! Such an epic book - loved it a lot more than I thought I would! And oh my goodness, Po. PO! My friend makes fun of his name, and with reason too, I mean, if Po weren't so likeable, I would be endlessly taunting his name. But he's just so... so... perfect! But he has flaws - which is so important to make up the perfect character. And oh man, I'm swooning sooo hard right now :') *faints* <3

Sarah | 13 comments __"'What are you grinning at?' Katsa demanded for the third or fourth time. 'Is the ceiling about to cave in on my head or something? You look like we're both on the verge of an enormous joke.'"
__"Katsa, only you would consider the collapse of the ceiling a good joke."

Loved Graceling!! I was so hooked on reading the book, I stayed up all night reading, trying to know what happened!
I absolutely love Katsa and Po! The relationship they form is so beautiful and enchanting! It makes me dream of the day when I fall in love!
I loved the ending in the book! It was so unexpected, it kept me on edge until the very last page!
Read this book everyone!!

Miranda | 7 comments Loved Graceling and Fire. I'm a sucker for a good protagonist and a good love story though so I still enjoyed Fire even though it seems some of you did not. I just fall in love with characters. My husband makes fun of me but I can't help it! I got a sample of Bitterblue and didn't really get hooked. Is it worth reading?

Harlee I loved Graceling! Katsa is one of my favorite female heroines of all time! I loved Fire too! Bitterblue, compared to the first two, was okay. I guess because Graceling and Fire were so incredible I expected more. I think it is definitely worth reading though! What it lacks in action it makes up for with lots of past secrets being revealed and an incredible meeting of characters that blew my mind!

message 47: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Jackson | 572 comments Ooh, I'm going to read this for my book club at school. I can't wait to read it!

message 48: by Laura (last edited Nov 25, 2013 09:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (blueeyebooks) | 185 comments I loved all three books in the series! Graceling was definitely my favorite though because we really got to see Katsa and Po's relationship develop. I also loved how the author was so open to a lot of controversial topics like lovers and gays. Most authors wouldn't dream of getting close to those topics but Kristin Cashore tackled it head-on in a way that I loved :). I also loved how original the idea for the book was - I've never read a book like it! I can't wait for the movie in 2014!!

Melody | 11 comments This one I love. It was such a good book, fresh and I read it at the right time.

She should really right more than just the three she brought out.

message 50: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea B | 809 comments I got this from the library, and I'm super excited to read it!

« previous 1