If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)
This topic is about If I Stay
Series > If I Stay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5276 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Haven't read it. Was it good?

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

It was extremely sad but really good!

Kate I remember we were in the school library for "silent reading" and I picked out this book because of the cover... Gave me a bit of a scare, but hey I was only young... Saw it in a second-hand bookstore last month, actually - maybe its time again to read it completely...
=)

Delaney it's wonderful and if you like it you should check out the sequel.

Emily Blake (emilyblake) There isn't really much romance. I just read it and I didn't really like it. If you're going to read it you should get it out of the library.

Here's my review: http://emilyscrammedbookshelf.blogspo...

message 7: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

I loved this book but I cried through the entire thing. I don't normally like these kinds of books but I loved this one!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I picked this up t the library yesterday and planning to start it soon!

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments This has been on my to-read list for so long!! I read the excerpt- chapter 1 online and I was hooked but I can't find a copy anywhere!! I so wanna read it!

Brooke | 9 comments I really liked tis book it helps remind people what is important in life.

Katrina (katrinarose) I love this book! The switching from past to present was beautifully done.

Missy (missy_aurora) I'm starting this today after seeing this discussion. Would have never picked it up from the library if not for this group!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I didn't finish this book, I found the author's decision to start the book with such a revolting scene too brave, because I put it down after reading it. I'm not one for the life-is-happy, flowers-butterflies-rainbows books, but this one for some reason really bothered me and I was totally taken aback. I don't plan to pick it up again.

message 14: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy I LOVED this book. So heart wrenching and sad! :(

Missy (missy_aurora) It was ok, I was kind of annoyed with all the flashbacks and the random tangents.

message 16: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy I liked them, it was a lot of info, but spaced out and kinda relevant to what was happening in the present. Like, we're introduced to Adam in the hospital and then she would flashback to a story of theirs, It helped me get to know the character better, i think.

message 17: by Ela (last edited Jun 25, 2012 09:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela I actually really liked this book, maybe even loved...
*SPOILER*

I started it it not knowing what it was about so when she died, it was such a shock!

Didn't cry but I got a little teary; partly becuase my little sister has dark hair, is named Mia and plays the Cello, so I kept imagining her in this situation and being severly thankful she wasn't.

Nikki (yareader17) | 4 comments I absolutely loved the book! Also adored Where She Went (Book #2)

message 19: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments I really wanna read this. I dont usually read realistic fiction so i think this book will be the door that leads me into reading realistic fic.

message 20: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya | 35 comments I loved this book!!It was a page turner.Now I really want to read Where She went.

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Anne ♥♥ wrote: "I didn't finish this book, I found the author's decision to start the book with such a revolting scene too brave, because I put it down after reading it. I'm not one for the life-is-happy, flowers-..."

Well, I've decided I'm going to try again with this book because I just checked it out of the library. Hopefull the outcome is better than the first. :P

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Heartbreaking. it was good, the second one is better.

Michelle While I liked this book, I feel like it could have been stronger. It was a good concept but I don't think it was executed very well. When I read the ending I literally said "really? Really? Omg." I was so annoyed. I never felt compelled to continue reading. I just wanted to finish it. Even though I enjoyed it, I won't be reading the sequel.

Lindsey | 2 comments Definitely one of my favorite books. I would recommend it to anyone! It's definitely a tear jerker, but it really reminds you about what's important in life and to always appreciate what you have. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. Where She Went is also really good too. :)

Kelly Hull (kellyvan) | 8 comments Grab a box of Kleenex before reading. I loved both books in this series.

message 26: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie | 2 comments I don't normally read these kinds of books but from line 1 I was hooked. This book has quickly been added to my giant favorites list!! Such a sad book though I don't think I stopped crying for a minute

Nicole (ntress24) | 3 comments I finished it a year ago and I hated the ending but this us a very well written book

message 28: by Kelly (last edited Jul 03, 2013 05:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly | 523 comments I have only read maybe 5 sad books in my entire life. This book and the sequel to this book were 2 out of those 5 or so. Surprisingly, (because I usually hate sad books)I loved this book and it's sequel. They were very well written and both books made you feel almost all of the emotions that the characters were feeling. So, basically it was an emotional roller coaster ride, but it was totally worth reading.

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 787 comments It's good. I don't read such books. But this was pretty good. Kind of introspective.

message 30: by Wren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wren Murray (wrenmurray) This was such a great book written in a really creative and different perspective.

Charley (thecarefreenook) I do usually read books like this one but this book jus t got me hooked. You need to have an open mind when it comes to books... especially this one. The crash scene wasn't too revolting to me because of other books I've read that have been way worse. You just need to get through that part and people with weak stomaches... you may be able to read it.

Charley (thecarefreenook) I do usually read books like this one but this book jus t got me hooked. You need to have an open mind when it comes to books... especially this one. The crash scene wasn't too revolting to me because of other books I've read that have been way worse. You just need to get through that part and people with weak stomaches... you may be able to read it.

Allye I really truly loved this book. It makes you think about your life and what you would do. I liked the writing and all the emotions you felt when reading. I would definitely recommend this book!

Hazell (hazellcharman) | 60 comments This book is in my 'to-read' list!

message 35: by Tia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tia (tia_jenkins) I loved this book. I've read it twice and cried both times :(

Vanessa | 1 comments This is like one of my favourite books ever! I loved it!

message 37: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca (becca_denton) On my to-read list, can't wait

Dancing Lights Library (dancinglightslibrary) | 8 comments loved this. couldn't put it down. a kind of touching story, however weird that sounds. it was interesting and awesome.

Ashley Rivas (Epitomeness) | 9 comments I just finished it yesterday, whenever I would read the flash backs of the parents or teddy, I'd remember they're dead and it's sad all over again Dx

message 40: by Paige (new)

Paige (paigereader31) I'll always love the book more than the movie, but the movie trailer for 'If I Stay' looks pretty darn promising! :)

message 41: by Paige (new)

Paige (paigereader31) Yeah! It looks super great, it comes out August 22nd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2agNe...

message 42: by Paige (new)

Paige (paigereader31) Welcomes :)

message 43: by Lara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lara | 99 comments I've never read it might be my next to read

Ashley Rivas (Epitomeness) | 9 comments Definitely read

message 45: by Ale (new)

Ale (thissweetdream) This book was really really really cute :3 but I didn't like the end

Alexis | 9 comments Yeah I thought it ended quite abruptly.. well for my liking anyways

Gloria ♪ | 54 comments I loved If i stay, but I didn't really like the second book, it's really different.

message 48: by May (new) - rated it 5 stars

May (mayguida) Yeah I LOVED the first book and I can't wait for the movie but I didn't like the second book much.

message 49: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae King (abookishgirl4) | 343 comments I cannot wait for the movie!!!! THe first book was so amazing, the second book is on its way to me in the mail - i've heard so many mixed reviews, I really hope I like it.

Bookaholic101 (madisontayler) | 14 comments When I first read the bio for "If I Stay" I glanced right over it assuming that it wasn't my kind of book, but then I started seeing it every where and thought might as well give it a try. I am so glad that I decided to read this series even though it didn't match my usual book choice.

This series had me skipping party's, getting in trouble for work, and sleep deprived. I couldn't tear my eyes of the pages. My thoughts were fully consumed on the perplexing story line of "If I Stay".

The in between life and death story plot captivated my attention and fully interested me. It made me crave more knowledge on comas. I researched the subject and found so many similar stories to Mia's. I found all the stories and lessons fascinating. I recommend you to research it if you have time.

This book was so much more than just a story it was a lesson. It made me aware of all I have going for me and how grateful I am to have it. I have been nicer to my family and loved ones, now knowing how thankful I am to have them. I have also stopped texting and driving and many other bad driving habits.

I loved every minute I spent reading Mia's and Adams journey through grief and love. I have taken valuable knowledge and lessons from my book that I plan on carrying with me on my daily life.

"“Because love, it never dies, it never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal.”
Excerpt From: Forman, Gayle. “If I Stay.”

The quote above is my favorite quote what's yours?

« previous 1