Ciara Knight's Book Club discussion

Admin > Rules and Regulations

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (last edited Mar 01, 2012 12:48PM) (new)

Eva Shade | 64 comments Mod
Mission Statement:
To provide readers with free books from authors in exchange for honest and constructive reviews.

Knight Review Guidelines: No experience necessary. If you love to read and talk about books, please feel free to participate in this group. All Knights should begin and end with a positive comment, but constructive criticism is always welcome. Authors are looking for an honest review from readers. NO slanderous comments or personal attacks will be tolerated. The Knights of the Round Table reserve the right to remove comments and/or reviews that break these rules.

This group is open to all forms of fiction, excluding poetry at this time.

Book Category Guidelines:
All books will be identified as sweet, spicy, or scorching. Sweet will include kissing, but will not include any heavy petting or on screen sex. Spicy will include on screen sex scenes, but written in an artistic and less graphic manner. Scorching will be anything beyond Spicy. All BDSM, erotica, etc…

*Books for review will be posted on the first and third Monday of each month.*

Readers:
- These books will be distributed to the first readers to respond. Once all books have been assigned, the thread will close for two days and reopen for reviews to be posted.
- By signing up for this event, you are agreeing to review the ebook within 3 Weeks of receiving it. If you do not complete the review after receiving a copy of the ebook, you will be terminated as a Knight, and will be banished from participating in future reviews. (Special circumstances will be considered)
- Please do not take more than three books at a time to read and review.
- Please place reviews in the correct folder. They are all broken down into specific genres and threads.
- Deadline to sign-up to read and review a book will be the Friday following the book announcement, or when all copies are claimed, whichever comes first.
-It is NEVER okay to share, duplicate, or lend a book from this group. It is against the law and you will be banished from the Round Table for eternity! Seriously, these authors are providing free copies of their hard work to you, don’t abuse that privilege.

Authors:
- All authors are welcome here including NY Published, small press, and self-published. The only criterion is that the book must be professionally edited. Please understand that if your book is filled with typos, reviewers will point that out.
- You must provide a reusable Download Code (up to ten uses) or promised number of copies of your ebook. Due to copyright laws, we will not duplicate your book, you must send specified number of copies.
- You may submit one book at a time. Once your review has been posted please feel free to sign up for another review for a different book.
- To enter a book for this event, simply go to the Author Sign-ups page and follow the directions.
- We are not responsible for the quality of reviews, or the opinion of the reviewer. Please do not email us to complain about a negative review unless it goes against our Knight policy.
- Book submissions MUST include genre and heat rating. (please see explanation of heat rating in Book Category Guidelines above.)
*KotRT Review Group is not accepting poetry, non-fiction, or any book that doesn’t follow the regulations established by Smashwords outlined in section 9b athttp://www.booklistonline.com/(X(1)A(....

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat Heckenbach (katheckenbach) | 1 comments Will reviews just be posted here in the group pages, or are reviewers encouraged/required to post on their blogs, Amazon, etc?

message 3: by Eva (new)

We will encourage readers to post reviews in as many places as they would like, but they MUST post on Goodreads and supply the link in the appropriate thread. Thanks for the question, Kat.
Eva

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam (pamela-jo) | 8 comments Eva, Laura Eno told me about the group. I am not an author.... yet. But I am an avid reader. I would be glad to help out.

Pamela Jo

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Eno | 54 comments Hi, Pam! Yay! Nice to see you here. :)

message 6: by Eva (new)

Pam,
It is such a pleasure to meet you. Thanks, Laura. We appreciate you spreading the word. I love meeting fellow readers. As a member, you will receive a message in a few hours with possible books to review. All you have to do is hit reply to the message and write the title that you would like to review. If you do not want to review either no big deal, there will be more books every other week to chose from. There will be a limited number of copies so reply quick if you would like one.

Welcome to the Knights!
Cheers,
Eva

message 7: by Pam (new)

Pam (pamela-jo) | 8 comments Laura wrote: "Hi, Pam! Yay! Nice to see you here. :)"
Thanks for the invite, Laura. This looks good.
Pamela Jo

message 8: by Pam (new)

Pam (pamela-jo) | 8 comments Eva wrote: "Pam,
It is such a pleasure to meet you. Thanks, Laura. We appreciate you spreading the word. I love meeting fellow readers. As a member, you will receive a message in a few hours with possible book..."

The pleasure is all mine. I have sent out invites to others as well. Hopefully they will answer too.

Pamela Jo

message 9: by Cathiecaffey (new)

Cathiecaffey (caffey) | 3 comments I'm here (Cathie or many call me Caffey). Saw the books for this month. So looking forward to reading! Not sure if I need to leave my email in the post here? It doesn't say so I guess my replying to be in the group will have you be in contact with me, right? Thanks, I'm excited to start the first one, IMMORTAL DESIRES by Laura Eno, the first listed on the home page, when it arrives for me to read.

message 10: by Eva (new)

I'm private messaging you now, Cathie.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Buchbinder | 1 comments Hi all--

I received the invite from Laura. Delighted to be here. I'm an author, but I also will occasionally review a book.

Best,

Sharon Buchbinder

message 12: by Marie (new)

Marie Phillips (riap) | 9 comments You must provide a reusable Download Code (up to ten uses) or promised number of copies of your ebook. Due to copyright laws, we will not duplicate your book, you must send specified number of copies.

Can someone explain to me how to do this? I'll be happy to but not sure how!

message 13: by Eva (new)

Welcome, Sharon!

Marie - If you are an author, and wish to offer your book for free in exchange for review, please go to the 'sign-ups' section and leave a comment. A moderator will contact you to explain the next step.

The reason for requiring each copy from you is due to copyright laws. As moderators, we distribute each copy of your book, but we will not duplicate it, so if you want to offer five books, you send five copies to us. The other option is a code for Smashwords where readers log in and download your book for free. Does that make sense?

message 14: by Marie (new)

Marie Phillips (riap) | 9 comments Yes I think so. I can send five or more copies but I am not sure how to do that with my Kindle/ebook versions. I don't have a smashwords acct. I used Lulu and Kindle for my ebook versions. If I can send direct from n my Kindle acct I will do that but not sure how. I'd look now but have an eye doc appt in 20 min. If you know how to do it or if anyone does sure would save me time trying to muddle through it later:-)

message 15: by Knight (new)

Knight Moderators | 87 comments Mod
Marie, you should have received a private message about this last week. If you still have any questions please private message Knight Moderator or Ciara Knight.
Thank you,
Ciara

message 16: by Marie (new)

Marie Phillips (riap) | 9 comments Knight wrote: "Marie, you should have received a private message about this last week. If you still have any questions please private message Knight Moderator or Ciara Knight.
Thank you,
Ciara"

Thank you. I will write Ciara as I have not heard snything aftre I attempted to send copy of my book from Kindle. Thanks!

message 17: by Ciara (new)

Ciara Knight (ciaraknight) | 28 comments Mod
We have them. I just sent you a PM, Marie. Thank you so much for offering your books for review!
Ciara

message 18: by Bruce (new)

Bruce (brucearrington) If I read a book and find that it would rate less than three stars (out of five), I tend not to provide a review, but I would give it a "rating". I would not want to publicly bash a work of art on the web, as I would see that as doing more harm than good. I was wondering what everyone else feels about this, and if this would still be acceptable? Thanks.
Bruce

message 19: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Batman | 1 comments Bruce wrote: "If I read a book and find that it would rate less than three stars (out of five), I tend not to provide a review, but I would give it a "rating". I would not want to publicly bash a work of art on ..."

Yesterday, I read about another review war and told Handsome not to ever do that. I am stingy with my reviews. I don't want to hurt anyone and want to support my friends. However, I read lots of other books and just don't feel compelled to rate them.

message 20: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Lilly (suzanne_lilly) Bruce wrote: "If I read a book and find that it would rate less than three stars (out of five), I tend not to provide a review, but I would give it a "rating". I would not want to publicly bash a work of art on ..."

I agree with your sentiments. I'm following the old adage, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." With that in mind, there have been books I didn't like and didn't review, but some of my friends read them and loved them. It's good to remember that reviews are only opinions.

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura Eno | 54 comments I agree with everyone above. If I love a book, I rate it. If I don't like it, chances are good that I didn't finish it. Tastes are subjective, after all. What one person loves, another might hate. It's not my mission in life to tear down another's hard work.

message 22: by Karla (new)

Karla Mercer (tattoo_girl069) | 17 comments I will rate a book and review even if I didn't like it... I don't put the author's work down or make rude comments about it..... I just mainly put what the book was about and that it is a decent read... But when I love a book it shows in the review... I think

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura Eno | 54 comments Yes, I can attest to Karla's love showing in a review! :)

message 24: by Karla (new)

Karla Mercer (tattoo_girl069) | 17 comments Laura wrote: "Yes, I can attest to Karla's love showing in a review! :)"

Thank you very much Laura!:)