SHSU Library Science Book Club discussion

Okay for Now
This topic is about Okay for Now
Okay for Now > OKAY FOR NOW General Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karin (new)

Karin (kperry) | 89 comments Mod
Use this discussion thread to discuss your thoughts and feelings about OKAY FOR NOW.

Stephanie Sapp | 13 comments I read OKAY FOR NOW last year for a Mock Newbery Club. I thought it was really good and disappointed it didn't win. Can't wait to hear others thoughts...

Tawnya | 17 comments I thought this book had a slow start but a strong finish. I had a really hard time getting into it. Spoiler alert!!

The turning point for me was when I found out Doug could not read and about his tattoo. I was finally able to care for Doug and finally able to get into the book. I loved how the book ended with Lil and Doug together talking about possibilities.

Stephanie Sapp | 13 comments If you like OKAY FOR NOW, be sure to read the companion novel, WEDNESDAY WARS, also by Gary Schmidt.

Dawn Burbach | 4 comments Stephanie, I guess great minds think alike. I started The Wednesday War a couple of days ago because I enjoyed Okay For Now so much! My daughter read it for class a couple of years ago, so she was excited to read Okay For Now.

message 6: by Danis (new) - added it

Danis | 25 comments I looked at two public libraries for this book but left disappointed because they didn't have it. Trying to save $ so I'll have to wait to read this one.