Move Me discussion

Genres Discussion > "Dude, that’s a llama!" (Comedy)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by No One (last edited Mar 01, 2012 11:06AM) (new)

No One (baka) | 140 comments Mod
Like all genres there are tons of sub genres, and I especially like to point out some of them in comedy. You have all from romantic comedy, "dude" comedy, parodies, black comedies, action comedies and so on.

So get ready to laugh and discuss all sorts of comedy movies.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

who doesn't love a good comedy? I mean, you're just plain crazy if you can't get into that stuff!!!

message 3: by Nate (new)

Nate Remember the 'American pie' movies? ..."This one time at band camp"

They're coming out with American Reunion this April. lol

message 4: by Karishma (new)

Karishma Lol when I saw this I thought of those youtube videos with the llamas! "Carrrrlll..."

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol! I love llamas with hats!!! lol...had not thought of that...

"Well, I was hungry, so I ate 'im."

message 6: by Nate (new)

Nate I nominate 'Breaking Dawn' for best comedy of the year.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't really seen any good (and clean) comedies this year. So sad. ) ':

message 8: by No One (new)

Bahahah! "Shhh ... Do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness."
"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl."
"That. Is what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence."
Llamas with Hats is awesome.

Oh, and I must see Breaking Dawn soon. I'm gonna laugh so much.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

What's it about?

message 10: by No One (new)

It's Twilight. I'm not sure if it's the third or the fourth film ...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. Okay, I'm DEFINITELY staying away from that...

message 12: by No One (new)

But it's so funny. Had I seen it in the cinema I would probably had been thrown out. I can imagine me sliding out of the chair and loudly laughing on the floor.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, are you suprised that I'm am not suprised about that?

message 14: by No One (new)

Not really. Rather than surprise, I'd say freaky. It just tells me how much you know about my personality, and that means my personality must really shine through on the net. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing ...

message 15: by Nate (new)

Nate its quite uproarious especially the scene with the wolfs talking, I was laughing so hard.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

@ No One: I'd say it's a good thing. You make an impression on people. That's good, as long as it's a good impression lol...

Nate, long time no see. Course, I haven't been on in a while until now.

message 17: by CJ (new)

CJ the wolves talk?! what is this, Narnia? i don't care if you are a werewolf, YOU CAN'T TALK IN WOLF FORM! that is so stupid

message 18: by Nate (new)

Nate They were talking through they're thoughts but the over dramatics of it was hysterical, it was like a 3d cartoon.

message 19: by Karishma (new)

Karishma I didn't see it, but the wolves aren't supposed to talk! Smh wow that was a screw up. I think the funniest thing is that ppl had seizures from the birthing scene. How awful!

message 20: by CJ (new)

CJ so, like, you could hear their thoughts? could the people hear them too? (actors, not audience) if so, it really is Narnia

message 21: by Nate (new)

Nate Karishma wrote: "I didn't see it, but the wolves aren't supposed to talk! Smh wow that was a screw up. I think the funniest thing is that ppl had seizures from the birthing scene. How awful!"

What? are you serious.

message 22: by Nate (new)

Nate Matthew Knight's biggest USA fan wrote: "so, like, you could hear their thoughts? could the people hear them too? (actors, not audience) if so, it really is Narnia"

Its like they show the camera on the wolf but you hear the actors voice speaking. And like when one wolf says something the other doesn't like they'll show the wolf snarling or pawing the ground. It was ridiculous.

message 23: by Karishma (new)

Karishma I'm kind of glad I didn't see it now, that sounds weird but idk. And yup, totally serious about the seizures

message 24: by CJ (new)

CJ i only care about Lautner, and I can see him in better movies

message 25: by Nate (new)

Nate weird, wth could send them into a seizure...maybe the part where they show the venom traveling through her blood stream which looked a lot like something out of a CSI episode. I'm speculating.

message 26: by No One (new)

I guess I should stay awa from food and drinks when I see the movie.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I should say so, after all I've read.

message 28: by Nate (new)

Nate It really wasn't graphic or gory at all in my opinion.

message 29: by CJ (new)

CJ darn, I actually like gory. Saw V for Vendetta when I was 12, most graphic movie I had seen til then (The Passion of the Christ is first now) and LOVED the part where he gets shot like fifty times, but then slaughters them all with a single sword.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

?

message 31: by CJ (new)

CJ have you seen that movie? not really a comedy, but still AWESOME!!!!!!!!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

no...

message 33: by CJ (new)

CJ maybe you can find it on YouTube...?

message 34: by No One (last edited Mar 21, 2012 06:07AM) (new)

Nate wrote: "It really wasn't graphic or gory at all in my opinion."

Oh, I meant in the way that I'd probably end up spraying down the TV with food or drinks.

Matthew Knight's biggest USA fan wrote: "have you seen that movie? not really a comedy, but still AWESOME!!!!!!!!"

I prefer movies that aren't labeled as comedy. Sometimes it just feels like they try to hard with the jokes.

message 35: by CJ (new)

CJ true, it's good to have a thriller, horror, action, ect. movie that has funny parts, but it's not all trying to be funny

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

omg, I love it when movies do that...

message 37: by CJ (new)

CJ don't we all. just a bunch of action and your grinning at stuff getting blown up, then BAM! your rotfl'ing because of some AMAZING wit the good guy just dished out

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

ikr? I wonder if they just ad-lib that in...

message 39: by No One (new)

Like Twilight, The Faculty, The Covenant, House of Wax, etc ...

message 40: by CJ (new)

CJ *looking for a movie i've seen*...ok, i've only HEARD about one of these movies so I can't comment on them

message 41: by No One (new)

They're movies that were so horrible - with bad actors, bad lines and a bad plot - that they became great comedies.

message 42: by CJ (new)

CJ oh...so basicly, they were REALLY bad movies based off of good books that the writers took and tossed out the window except for names. Gotcha.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

No One wrote: "They're movies that were so horrible - with bad actors, bad lines and a bad plot - that they became great comedies."

Especially if you make fun of them the whole way through. : D

Have any of you seen any of the Mystery Science Theater 3000?

message 44: by No One (new)

Matthew Knight's biggest USA fan wrote: "oh...so basicly, they were REALLY bad movies based off of good books that the writers took and tossed out the window except for names. Gotcha."

Not that I know. Twilight is based on a book, but I don't know about the others. House of Wax is a remake though.

My name? What about it? wrote: "No One wrote: "They're movies that were so horrible - with bad actors, bad lines and a bad plot - that they became great comedies."

..."

That's the spirit!

Never even heard of it.

message 45: by CJ (new)

CJ My name? What about it? wrote: "No One wrote: "They're movies that were so horrible - with bad actors, bad lines and a bad plot - that they became great comedies."

..."

I haven't heard of that, either
No One wrote: "Matthew Knight's biggest USA fan wrote: "oh...so basicly, they were REALLY bad movies based off of good books that the writers took and tossed out the window except for names. Gotcha."

Not that I ..."

if you look at all the movies made nowadays, like, 80% is based off of SOMETHING! be it book, actual events, a remake of a past movie or sequel.

message 46: by No One (new)

Yeah, most of them are. I like seeing the ones based on a real movie.

message 47: by CJ (new)

CJ Yeah...

message 48: by No One (new)

American Pie: Reunion was great. Especially that one scene with Stifler ... He always makes me laugh.

message 49: by CJ (new)

CJ ...my friends like Media! I don't even know if that's spelled right, I don't watch adult TV, and Tyler Perry is not on my MUST WATCH list of non-Disney Channel shows

message 50: by Karishma (new)

Karishma One of my friends loves Media movies! She's trying to get me to watch one since I haven't seen any. But the clips she's showed me on youtube are funny, Ithought

« previous 1