Reading the Bible discussion

Nuts and Bolts > General encouragement

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Darling | 102 comments Mod
Don't let a busy life distract you from your reading. Keep the Bible handy and, if nothing else, choose a short passage to read, but stick with it.

message 2: by Timothy (new)

It's been a few weeks since I posted here, not living out my own challenge, but I was faithful today, and by God's grace i will be again in the future.

message 3: by Timothy (new)

good to see you again

message 4: by Zach (new)

Zach (zdevans) | 2 comments I have recently decided to begin journaling thoughts and ideas from the Bible, related books, and sermons as I learn more about my faith as a new Lutheran. I plan to use this journal as a personal devotional as well as a way to document and share my walk for my children.

Have any of you done this? Do you have any suggestions or ideas to make this effort more meaningful?

message 5: by Timothy (new)

I don't have any advice except to say what you're doing sounds like a treasure for your kids. I hope it is a good experience for you

message 6: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Bryant (authorcathybryant) | 2 comments Zach wrote: "I have recently decided to begin journaling thoughts and ideas from the Bible, related books, and sermons as I learn more about my faith as a new Lutheran. I plan to use this journal as a personal ..."

That is wonderful! I am sure that your children will love it.